You Gonna Fly On a 737?

Wait...so you defended him NOT grounding these planes as if your lives depended on it and now you're all good with it?

Do you wait to find out how he feels about your bowels before you take a dump?
Too funny.

The plane is grounded based on outcry and unvetted fears, not because the plane is unsafe.

When the hysteria finally passes, the FAA will quietly put the plane back into the air and set a program to update the software.
FAA are programmers now.

I don't agree with Trump's order to ground the planes (and I would feel the same if a Dem POTUS gave the order).

I believe in free enterprise. People are not stupid, they can make sure the aircraft they are booked on is an 8 or 9 MAX and decide for themselves whether to fly on them or not.

I am sick and tired of governments trying to hold people's hands. Inform the people of all pertinent information AND LET THEM DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES.

What's next, banning all dangerous activities? No more skydiving or car/bike racing? No more smoking? Sex is illegal without a condom? J walking becomes a serious crime? I guarantee you they are all more dangerous then flying on one of these planes.

Both the Southwest Airlines and United Airlines pilots unions have no problem with the aircraft and see no reason to ground them. They would know better than almost anyone.
Southwest has over 41,000 flights with the 737 MAX and United over 23,000 flight hours on their MAX 9's...both with no incidents as described with the two crashes.

Pilots and flight attendants weigh in on Boeing 737 Max 8 planes

So that is zero related incidences in about 50,000+ flights. 50,000:1 against a crash? I'll take those odds any day of the week on anything.

I say this is extreme, world overreaction...period. Another PC decision for a PC decade.

And I am positive almost all of you disagree. Libs who want safety above everything and cons who agree with almost everything Trump does.

BTW, I own no stock in major US Airlines or in Boeing.
Thank you. It is amazing the safety record of the industry and this aircraft. A couple of back to back accidents that will likely be attributed to pilot error, and they lose their fucking minds.

I'd fly on one of these right now, but of course, now mass hysteria has set in and government overreacts yet again.

Trump caved. The second time this year. Its almost like he is starting to enjoy it.

Well said. I agree 100% with every word of it.

If the plane had only been in the air a few weeks with only a few hundred flights under it's wings...I could get it.

But as I said above, both Southwest and United Airlines pilot unions reported to have roughly 50,000 flights with zero related problems on the type. How can it be a major/fundamental systematic problem with the plane? 500 flights - maybe. But 50,000? Please.

I think you are right about pilot error.
At worst, it's probably a different (but non-dangerous) flying characteristic with these planes over other 737 models that the pilots on the two crashes either overreacted to or ignored.
In other words...pilot error.
I would fly on them tomorrow myself.

I don't agree with Trump's order to ground the planes (and I would feel the same if a Dem POTUS gave the order).

I believe in free enterprise. People are not stupid, they can make sure the aircraft they are booked on is an 8 or 9 MAX and decide for themselves whether to fly on them or not.

I am sick and tired of governments trying to hold people's hands. Inform the people of all pertinent information AND LET THEM DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES.

What's next, banning all dangerous activities? No more skydiving or car/bike racing? No more smoking? Sex is illegal without a condom? J walking becomes a serious crime? I guarantee you they are all more dangerous then flying on one of these planes.

Both the Southwest Airlines and United Airlines pilots unions have no problem with the aircraft and see no reason to ground them. They would know better than almost anyone.
Southwest has over 41,000 flights with the 737 MAX and United over 23,000 flight hours on their MAX 9's...both with no incidents as described with the two crashes.

So that is zero related incidences in about 50,000+ flights. 50,000:1 against a crash? I'll take those odds any day of the week on anything.

I say this is extreme, world overreaction...period. Another PC decision for a PC decade.

And I am positive almost all of you disagree. Libs who want safety above everything and cons who agree with almost everything Trump does.

Thank you. It is amazing the safety record of the industry and this aircraft. A couple of back to back accidents that will likely be attributed to pilot error, and they lose their fucking minds.

I'd fly on one of these right now, but of course, now mass hysteria has set in and government overreacts yet again.

Trump caved. The second time this year. Its almost like he is starting to enjoy it.

If the plane had only been in the air a few weeks with only a few hundred flights under it's wings...I could get it.

But as I said above, both Southwest and United Airlines pilot unions reported to have roughly 50,000 flights with zero related problems on the type. How can it be a major/fundamental systematic problem with the plane? 500 flights - maybe. But 50,000? Please.

At worst, it's probably a different (but non-dangerous) flying characteristic with these planes over other 737 models that the pilots on the two crashes either overreacted to or ignored.

...and Boeing sincerely appreciates your faith! But, you need to talk to Trump. He said today that Boeing and the FAA are in complete agreement. Either you are wrong, or Trump is lying, although that NEVER happens....

Wait...so you defended him NOT grounding these planes as if your lives depended on it and now you're all good with it?

Too funny.

The plane is grounded based on outcry and unvetted fears, not because the plane is unsafe.

When the hysteria finally passes, the FAA will quietly put the plane back into the air and set a program to update the software.
The planes are grounded because they are crashing and nobody knows why

Too funny.

Until we know why, the 737 Max should be treated like the 1952 Dehavilland Comet, the first commercial jet, which had a tendency to fall apart in the air, until they grounded it, and discovered what metal fatigue is.

The DeHavilland Comet Crash – Aerospace Engineering Blog

Too funny.

Until we know why, the 737 Max should be treated like the 1952 Dehavilland Comet, the first commercial jet, which had a tendency to fall apart in the air, until they grounded it, and discovered what metal fatigue is.

The DeHavilland Comet Crash – Aerospace Engineering Blog
There's a reason that jets no longer have square windows

There have been two crashes in recent months and nearly the entire world has grounded these plane but we have not.

Apparently the planes have a software glitch that tries to drive the plane into the ground and there have been numerous events in the US that thankfully didn't result in crashes. Boeing is saying that a software fix was delayed by the government shutdown. Wonderful.

The Boeing CEO "spoke with Trump" and told him the planes were safe. Trump so far has done nothing. Do you feel safer?
Nope I wont fly in them...the whole world I same we have a clown as a president.

I was just on a Southwest flight last night and I'm pretty sure it was a 737. :eek-49:

...and Boeing sincerely appreciates your faith! But, you need to talk to Trump. He said today that Boeing and the FAA are in complete agreement. Either you are wrong, or Trump is lying, although that NEVER happens....

Trump is taking the 'hero' road. He knows if he does this it makes him look great to both sides. It's a political no brainer.

And the FAA is not a bastion of honor. They are part of the Department of Transportation and their acting administrator, Daniel Elwell, was appointed by Trump. And we all know how much Trump values loyalty over all else from those he appoints.

And isn't it funny that just 24 hours ago the FAA swore up and down that the planes do not need to be grounded. But then Trump suddenly comes out and says they are grounded right when the FAA magically does an about face on 'new evidence' from grainy, spy satellite photos?

Riiiiight.

I am not going to waste my time arguing with you as your mind is clearly made up. I say grounding the planes was silly.

50,000 flights in America without a major problem with full support from various airlines, pilot unions. And now all of a sudden it's a death trap?

No way.

And I take the word of pilots who actually fly the planes over the media and politicians any way.

This is an overreaction - pure and simple.

We are done here.

Good day.

Last edited:

Trump is taking the 'hero' road. He knows if he does this it makes him look great to both sides. It's a political no brainer.

And the FAA is not a bastion of honor. They are part of the Department of Transportation and their acting administrator, Daniel Elwell, was appointed by Trump. And we all know how much Trump values loyalty over all else from those he appoints.

And isn't it funny that just 24 hours ago the FAA swore up and down that the planes do not need to be grounded. But then Trump suddenly comes out and says they are grounded right when the FAA magically does an about face on 'new evidence' from grainy, spy satellite photos?

Riiiiight.

I am not going to waste my time arguing with you as your mind is clearly made up. I say grounding the planes was silly.

50,000 flights in America without a major problem with full support from various airlines, pilot unions. And now all of a sudden it's a death trap?

No way.

And I take the word of pilots who actually fly the planes over the media and politicians any way.

We are done here.

Good day.

I get it. Trump, the FAA, Boeing, and dozens of other countries, as well as the 4 pilots that wrote up the 737 MAX for not being airworthy, are wrong. And, you are right.

US pilots reported problems with Boeing 737 MAX

The nations grounding their Boeing 737s

Last edited:
There have been two crashes in recent months and nearly the entire world has grounded these plane but we have not.

Apparently the planes have a software glitch that tries to drive the plane into the ground and there have been numerous events in the US that thankfully didn't result in crashes. Boeing is saying that a software fix was delayed by the government shutdown. Wonderful.

The Boeing CEO "spoke with Trump" and told him the planes were safe. Trump so far has done nothing. Do you feel safer?
Don't confuse a 737 with a 737 Max8. Two completely different planes.

Riiiiight.

No way.

We are done here.

Good day.

Well, Imagine that! The FAA, and two dozen other countries were right, and you were wrong, Rocket...

Boeing CEO accepts blame for two plane crashes, apologizes to families of victims: 'We own it'

Last edited:

Riiiiight.

No way.

We are done here.

Good day.

Well, Imagine that! The FAA, and two dozen other countries were right, and you werte wrong, Rocket...

Boeing CEO accepts blame for two plane crashes, apologizes to families of victims: 'We own it'
That will work well in court

I wondered about that. I've flown on 737s for years. It is one of the oldest and most reliable planes in the sky. What in the world is a 737Max8?

I flew on a 737-800 yesterday.

I wondered about that. I've flown on 737s for years. It is one of the oldest and most reliable planes in the sky. What in the world is a 737Max8?
They have different engines that sit basically in front of the wing and not under the wing. The center of gravity is shifted.

I flew on a 737-800 yesterday.
Good planes, but still they aren't the 737 Max8

ryanair-737-max-8-03fltboeinglrw.jpg

A picture of the 737 Max8

Forum List

Back