You Gonna Fly On a 737?

I think that the FAA is looking at a solution, but to My way of thinking, a design that makes the aircraft want to stay in the air is a good one. Otherwise they tend to fall down and go boom.

Gee that sounds so simple right?

The reality is that the wing design is such that it generates TOO much lift making the plane climb more than it should. When a plane climbs at too steep an angle it LOSES lift...and then ....falls down. Kinda a bad thing.

So there are two choices.

Teach the pilots how to deal with an unsafe design or install software that compensates for it. Sane people realize that training pilots to try to compensate for a flawed design is kinda iffy. Not something we really want...ya think?

A software fix is a reasonable alternative...as long as it works. This one isn't working and people died
Maybe they should redesign the wings.

Wait...so you defended him NOT grounding these planes as if your lives depended on it and now you're all good with it?

Do you wait to find out how he feels about your bowels before you take a dump?

There have been two crashes in recent months and nearly the entire world has grounded these plane but we have not.

Apparently the planes have a software glitch that tries to drive the plane into the ground and there have been numerous events in the US that thankfully didn't result in crashes. Boeing is saying that a software fix was delayed by the government shutdown. Wonderful.

The Boeing CEO "spoke with Trump" and told him the planes were safe. Trump so far has done nothing. Do you feel safer?

That 737MAX is only ONE newer model of the many versions of the 737 out there, you dumb, stupid, liberal ignoramus. And of course, I knew you liberal scumbags would go through mental gymnastics to blame Trump for the 737max, even though he had NOTHING TO DO WITH ENGINEERING IT! Jesus Christ, you liberals are PATHETIC!

Should be disengaged below a certain altitude. Automatic functions should make flying safer not more dangerous
Isn't that what I just said?
No dumfuk. Reading is fundamental
In other words, that's what I just said.
They don’t use AP on takeoff stupid. This occurs right after take off but still at low altitudes. As was explained of course.

Reading IS fundamental
But Trump said the plaines don't need pilots.

""Airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly. Pilots are no longer needed, but rather computer scientists from MIT. I see it all the time in many products.

When the news is complex, the President has the ability to dumb it down enough for even the simpleminded to misinterpret.
True, and that's exactly what you did.

That 737MAX is only ONE newer model of the many versions of the 737 out there, you dumb, stupid, liberal ignoramus. And of course, I knew you liberal scumbags would go through mental gymnastics to blame Tru...mp for the 737max, even though he had NOTHING TO DO WITH ENGINEERING IT! Jesus Christ, you liberals are PATHETIC!

Hey asshole..just curious. Who blamed Trump for the engineering on this fuck up?

Names please..and quotes...because you'll lie. It's what you folks do

I don't agree with Trump's order to ground the planes (and I would feel the same if a Dem POTUS gave the order).

I believe in free enterprise. People are not stupid, they can make sure the aircraft they are booked on is an 8 or 9 MAX and decide for themselves whether to fly on them or not.

I am sick and tired of governments trying to hold people's hands. Inform the people of all pertinent information AND LET THEM DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES.

What's next, banning all dangerous activities? No more skydiving or car/bike racing? No more smoking? Sex is illegal without a condom? J walking becomes a serious crime? I guarantee you they are all more dangerous then flying on one of these planes.

Both the Southwest Airlines and United Airlines pilots unions have no problem with the aircraft and see no reason to ground them. They would know better than almost anyone.
Southwest has over 41,000 flights with the 737 MAX and United over 23,000 flight hours on their MAX 9's...both with no incidents as described with the two crashes.

Pilots and flight attendants weigh in on Boeing 737 Max 8 planes

So that is zero related incidences in about 50,000+ flights. 50,000:1 against a crash? I'll take those odds any day of the week on anything.

I say this is extreme, world overreaction...period. Another PC decision for a PC decade.

And I am positive almost all of you disagree. Libs who want safety above everything and cons who agree with almost everything Trump does.

BTW, I own no stock in major US Airlines or in Boeing.
"What's next, banning all dangerous activities? No more skydiving or car/bike racing? No more smoking? Sex is illegal without a condom? J walking becomes a serious crime? I guarantee you they are all more dangerous then flying on one of these planes."

Yes, those are all on the table because snowflakes believe government should protect against any conceivable danger. Football is already headed for extinction because the safety nazis don't approve of it.

Driving to the grocery store is far more dangerous than flying across the country.

That 737MAX is only ONE newer model of the many versions of the 737 out there, you dumb, stupid, liberal ignoramus. And of course, I knew you liberal scumbags would go through mental gymnastics to blame Tru...mp for the 737max, even though he had NOTHING TO DO WITH ENGINEERING IT! Jesus Christ, you liberals are PATHETIC!

Hey asshole..just curious. Who blamed Trump for the engineering on this fuck up?

Names please..and quotes...because you'll lie. It's what you folks do

You did, moron.

Trump grounded the planes after talking to all parties, not just a knee jerk reaction. Very responsible and fair.
No shit, the guys does a lot of asking people about situations he's not an expert on, but according to the media, he just decides himself...........fuck those liars

is there anything he is not an expert on?

Lots of stuff, he asks people for info all the time. But the competition makes him look like he does know everything.....AOC is just dumb....and the American Taliban(Omar and Talib) are just as stupid

My brother used to have a Pinto. When hit in the rear, that model was prone to explode. The solution was to get out of people's way, so that they did not hit you in the rear. That made it a driver problem, not a automobile problem....:abgg2q.jpg:
I believe I read that the Pinto exploding gas tank turned out to be a media hoax - fake news, in other words.

Last edited:
Trump grounded the planes after talking to all parties, not just a knee jerk reaction. Very responsible and fair.
Exactly!
That’s what I love about Trump. He considers all the facts before making important decisions.
Like the people he hires?
Like Trump, I’m good with giving people a chance.

Why won't he seem to give a chance to ETHICAL people?

His knee jerk reaction was not to ground them, which is why we were last to make that descision.
How many people died as a result?

Zero thankfully - lets roll the roulette again!

My brother used to have a Pinto. When hit in the rear, that model was prone to explode. The solution was to get out of people's way, so that they did not hit you in the rear. That made it a driver problem, not a automobile problem....:abgg2q.jpg:
I believe I read that the Pinto exploding gas tanked turned out to be a media hoax - fake news, in other words.

Not quite...

1971-1980 Ford Pinto

Exactly!
That’s what I love about Trump. He considers all the facts before making important decisions.
Like the people he hires?
Like Trump, I’m good with giving people a chance.

Why won't he seem to give a chance to ETHICAL people?

His knee jerk reaction was not to ground them, which is why we were last to make that descision.
How many people died as a result?

Zero thankfully - lets roll the roulette again!
Why didn’t obama fire the unethical ones he had?

Forum List

Back