You guys don't think tariffs work? After Trump tariffs, Chinese solar company will build U.S factory

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
You go after abusive state run economies, be they China or Canada. If you guys don't take this as seriously as ANY issue facing America you are going to be in for a big surprise as the American economy will continue to be exploited and harmed.

After Trump tariffs, Chinese solar company says it will build U.S. factory

President Trump wants Chinese solar panels firms to make more of their products in the U.S. -- and they appear to be getting the message.
A week after the Trump administration unveiled tariffs of up to 30% on imports of solar panels, one of China's biggest manufacturers announced that it plans to open a new plant in the U.S.

JinkoSolar said in a statement Monday that its board of directors had given the go-ahead to "finalize planning for the construction of an advanced solar manufacturing facility in the U.S."

You go after abusive state run economies, be they China or Canada. If you guys don't take this as seriously as ANY issue facing America you are going to be in for a big surprise as the American economy will continue to be exploited and harmed.

President Trump wants Chinese solar panels firms to make more of their products in the U.S. -- and they appear to be getting the message.
A week after the Trump administration unveiled tariffs of up to 30% on imports of solar panels, one of China's biggest manufacturers announced that it plans to open a new plant in the U.S.

JinkoSolar said in a statement Monday that its board of directors had given the go-ahead to "finalize planning for the construction of an advanced solar manufacturing facility in the U.S."

Tariffs have proven, in the long term, to not be beneficial.

So, you might make some jobs in the present, look good for the next presidential election, and then what?

When countries joined the EU in 2004, many of them saw their foreign trade within EU borders grow massively.

So, they will put a plant in the US that is 90% automated and will use an existing building. Very little in the way of jobs and they will still be selling them cheaper than US counterparts. And they will likely get tax breaks from wherever they go.

What is the “win” for the US?

JinkoSolar could be linking 1.75GW US module supply agreement to planned manufacturing plant

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
you can't simply go "nice" and accept each piece as a bigger part of the overall puzzle, can you? whatever trump does, you will find fault with like the head prison cop in shawshank redemption.

So, you might make some jobs in the present, look good for the next presidential election, and then what?

When countries joined the EU in 2004, many of them saw their foreign trade within EU borders grow massively.
then please explain the wonderful obama moves that accomplished something similar, but in a better manner as you suggest.

i'll wait.

So, they will put a plant in the US that is 90% automated and will use an existing building. Very little in the way of jobs and they will still be selling them cheaper than US counterparts. And they will likely get tax breaks from wherever they go.

JinkoSolar could be linking 1.75GW US module supply agreement to planned manufacturing plant

And they will pay Municipal, State and Federal taxes.
I’m still waiting for all of that automation to work.
The damn supermarket kiosks suck.

and then go out and demand $15 an hour for jobs to rush that automation along and keep the unambitious unemployed.

and then go out and demand $15 an hour for jobs to rush that automation along and keep the unambitious unemployed.
The kiosks don’t work and CVS dumped them.
Stop & Shop should stop using them.
Even Apple Stores won’t go kiosk.

You guys please need to understand my ideology, I will repeat it again (and again, I'm sure), I am NOT a fan of tariffs and/or government intervention. However, and this is the key point so please understand this; when you are a free market and you, your businesses and workers are competing against other nations who are NOT free market, you are going to be exploited. In the case of China is fairly obvious, they are state run, they manipulate their currency and generally undermine the U.S.

In Canada, they tax, bribe (see, "loans or grants") and use state agents to enter your corporation and undermine your entire system. Be it IBM and another U.S investment firm as I experienced first hand, or, banks and other "bridge" industries. Be it over regulation and barriers to your business being successful, but no enforcement of the same burdens on domestic businesses. Canada exploits you. I know of this, and I've shared this with the proper authorities.

So if this case, tariffs aren't a barrier to other countries, they are an equalizer. It's a tit for tat of sorts, a deterrent for them to continue their abusive methods. It's why the decision to reverse the tariffs against Bombardier is not a good decision for America, and going forward, a naive U.S business community and government cannot allow China, Mexico and Canada to continue to exploit you.

The world needs MORE American liberty, not less If your economy fails, it's all over for the West. Mark my words.

Last edited:

you can't simply go "nice" and accept each piece as a bigger part of the overall puzzle, can you? whatever trump does, you will find fault with like the head prison cop in shawshank redemption.

I am a pragmatist, not a cheerleader

Do a little research and quit being gleefully ignorant.

Automation works despite your inability to properly use it.

My Shop and Save just added 6 more, even one with a belt for large orders.

explain to me the benefits of the obama trillion dollar union gift, please.

Do a little research and quit being gleefully ignorant.

Automation works despite your inability to properly use it.

Not to the extent that you state.
Tim Cook agrees with me.

My Shop and Save just added 6 more, even one with a belt for large orders.

Because they’re paying shit wages; I’ve discussed this with the employees...they make minimum wage and they’re fixing the screw ups all day.

I am a pragmatist, not a cheerleader

i'm far from a cheerleader myself. but i don't let my hate for an individual change what good they may actually be doing.

So convince the GOP establishment of that. They are the leading 'free traders' in this country.

Forum List

Back