You Have Awoken A Sleeping Giant

The obvious answer is because other ethnic groups are already "awake" in that their are allowed and even encouraged to actively pursue their interests and to celebrate their heritage.

For Whites, that is still TABOO.

For example, do you know what NAACP stands for?

Sure. Now why was it necessary to establish such an organization?

That they are allowed and even encouraged to actively pursue their interests was the whole of my point.

Thanks for agreeing.

As to why, blacks, back then in 1909, faced real discrimination, both legal and informal.

Why do you ask?
As they did in 1964.

But certainly not now.
Explain why you think so? Be specific.

Because Law and Political Culture and Political POwer all openly argue for discrimination in FAVOR of blacks, at the cost of Whites.

The constant threat of legal action based on simply the accusation of racism, or disparate impact puts employers or educators in an exposed position if there is any difference between their work force, or students or whatever and the population demographics, good reasons for the difference be damned.

For one example.

What "white people" would be awakened if not white supremacists? I'm white and I'm not "awakened"
By trump in fact he is full of hot air.

One could be tired of being treated like shit by libs, ie "awakened" without being a White Supremacist.

The two options really are miles apart.

YOur negative opinion of Trump is relevant only in that is shows your bias.

The op said white people were awakened. Why no others if it wasn't meant to be racist?

The obvious answer is because other ethnic groups are already "awake" in that their are allowed and even encouraged to actively pursue their interests and to celebrate their heritage.

For Whites, that is still TABOO.

Sure. Now why was it necessary to establish such an organization?

That they are allowed and even encouraged to actively pursue their interests was the whole of my point.

Thanks for agreeing.

As to why, blacks, back then in 1909, faced real discrimination, both legal and informal.

Why do you ask?

I ask because you seem to draw a parallel between your "struggle" and that of blacks.
Do you believe whites are now marginalized in the way blacks were to the point of needing a similar advocacy organization? That's what you seem to be saying.

Correll argues that whites are discriminated against but does not show how with objective evidence. I think what he wants is a White Man's Civilization in the United States and is desperately unhappy that we don't.

Correll argues that whites are discriminated against but does not show how with objective evidence. I think what he wants is a White Man's Civilization in the United States and is desperately unhappy that we don't.

I think that's exactly the type of people that Trump appeals to and definately is a sentiment cultivated in the conservative media in general. You hear the whistles like
" take our country back" and " make America great again", calling attention to the cause.

I wonder who's safer, a white family living in the black belt in one of the big cities, or a black family living in an all white neighborhood.

He will not adjust to his new role as a minority

He will not adjust to his new role as a minority

So sad you hate white people. Like bill klinton. He was speaking to a group of college students, I think it was georgetown. Anyway, he said "by the year 2040, white people will be in the majority". The students clapped loud and long over that one. Most of them were white. Why did they clap? Maybe you can tell us why?

White people!

Go Trump

Why were white people sleeping?

As a white person I would really like to know.

Because it was/is taboo for White People to even discuss themselves as a group.

Why didn't anyone ever tell me this?

I have been a white person my entire life and no one has ever told me I can't discuss white people as a group.

Try and celebrate White History Month and see what you are called.

White people!

Go Trump

I have been a white person my entire life and no one has ever told me I can't discuss white people as a group.

Every month is white history month.

That's right. Whites will still be in a majority by 2040 because Hispanics are counted as Caucasian.

What's your point.

White people!

Go Trump

According to whom? Since 1976, every U.S. president has officially designated the month of February as Black History Month. When is a President going to officially designate a month as White History Month?

According to whom?

If not then why is a special month needed for minorities?

According to whom? Since 1976, every U.S. president has officially designated the month of February as Black History Month. When is a President going to officially designate a month as White History Month?

I'm all fairness, white people built this country. The existence of The United States is a tribute white people. The fact that it is still a 1st world nation is a celebration of white history.

It doesn't take long to celebrate the Jenny Coupler and Jerry Curl.

White people!

Go Trump

No need to do that, We already have Columbus Day and St. Patrick's day (not to mention, President's day, honoring Lincoln and Washington).

I'm all fairness, white people built this country. The existence of The United States is a tribute white people. The fact that it is still a 1st world nation is a celebration of white history.

Nobody stops you from doing your little white happiness dance every day.

Maybe we should establish National Mulatto Day, honoring Jefferson, Sally Hemings, and their offspring... We could add Strom Thurmond's name to it as well.

Nobody stops you from doing your little white happiness dance every day.

The benefits of a free country. Great, ain't it? White people have you that freedom.

Forum List

Back