You only need 10 rounds in your magazine? Violent attacker takes 12 rounds from police officer before stopping....

You can miss the heart on a deer with a 30.06 by 4 or 5 inches and it will still destroy the heart. Killing power and stopping power are one and the same.
The standard military .45 ball ammo was 230 grain. I say was because the military stopped using the .45 a long time ago.
I think what you are so poorly trying to describe is what those of us who know what we're talking about is known as hydrostatic shock.

You have no fucking idea what you're saying and it only makes you look like a dumbass.
First off the Boer war was where stopping power came into play. It doesn't matter how long it takes someone to bleed out, if you incapacitate him from advancing toward you.

And the effects of hydrostatis shock was used by Stoner because the 62 grain bullet in 5.56 tends to keyhole, an effect seen in long range shooting, and a key factor in internal ballistics.

30-06 is overstablized compared to the 5.56. Hence the difference in rate of twist. And why internal ballistics have the same lethality.

You can miss the heart on a deer with a 30.06 by 4 or 5 inches and it will still destroy the heart. Killing power and stopping power are one and the same.
The standard military .45 ball ammo was 230 grain. I say was because the military stopped using the .45 a long time ago.
I think what you are so poorly trying to describe is what those of us who know what we're talking about is known as hydrostatic shock.

You have no fucking idea what you're saying and it only makes you look like a dumbass.
First off the Boer war was where stopping power came into play. It doesn't matter how long it takes someone to bleed out, if you incapacitate him from advancing toward you.

And the effects of hydrostatis shock was used by Stoner because the 62 grain bullet in 5.56 tends to keyhole, an effect seen in long range shooting, and a key factor in internal ballistics.

30-06 is overstablized compared to the 5.56. Hence the difference in rate of twist. And why internal ballistics have the same lethality.

Now you're just spouting bullshit.
Show me where the Boer war was the deciding factor in stopping power.
And a 30.06 has more stopping power than a 9mm so whats your point?

What exactly are you trying to say here?
"And the effects of hydrostatis shock was used by Stoner because the 62 grain bullet in 5.56 tends to keyhole, an effect seen in long range shooting, and a key factor in internal ballistics."
And thats hydrostatic shock by the way.

The 5.56 cant be spun anymore than it already is or the round will disintegrate when it leaves the barrel. And keyholing/tumbling is part of the design. Hell all rounds keyhole when they hit a target.

This guy wasn't even attacking....only advancing. If he had had a knife, this officer would have been stabbed and slashed repeatedly even as he shot the violent attacker..

This is why you do not arbitrarily limit law abiding citizens and their ability to use guns and magazines to save lives...

This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.
That has to be one of the corniest things you often repeat. Your "fallacy" thing is fucking gay.

Thank You!!!!
Everyone is tired of his Bullshit response to every fucken post.
He likes the ring of it--makes him think of phallic symbols and fellatio. LOL

This guy wasn't even attacking....only advancing. If he had had a knife, this officer would have been stabbed and slashed repeatedly even as he shot the violent attacker..

This is why you do not arbitrarily limit law abiding citizens and their ability to use guns and magazines to save lives...

This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.
You need to learn how to use fallacy identification.

Just diagnosing a disease is not a cure.

So, it's a hasty generalization? What is your argument in response?

The way most of you argue in support of magazine limitations tells me that you have never fired a weapon or even seen one in person.

Most shootouts in high stress situations require WAY more than 10 rounds. Add to that, holding off multiple home invaders at night, in the dark, is the farthest from an ideal situation allowing for smooth magazine changes. That is assuming that the victim can even find another magazine, in the dark, while under attack. Limiting a home defender to 10 rounds per magazine will likely result in more deaths. Whereas, the point of magazine capacity limits is to stop mass shootings, but one is 1000x more likely to experience a violent home invasion than be involved in a mass shooting.

https://www.nationsearch.com/blog/home-invasion-crime-statistics-that-will-keep-you-up-at-night/

Forum List

Back