You pious Dems "non-racists";Racist Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Is a Democrat!

I'm not so sure the guy is a racist. His girl friend is black, after all. It sounds like a setup since she is currently having issues with him and a recording of him was somehow released to the newspapers. I think anything said in private should not be used against you. After all, how many can say they've never uttered anything racist and would have no problem having secret recordings of their conversations released to the public.

To his credit, president Obama was not hard on him at all. This racism is something we (ALL RACES) have to work through.

Btw, anybody who knows me will tell you that using terms "give credit and "Obama" in the same sentence is very rare for me, but I think Obama got it right -- for the 2nd time.

Lots of racists have no problem fucking someone who they have absolutely no respect for. History serves up many examples of racists and bigots doing such things.

Hell...put Halle Berry in Steve McGarrett's bed. See if he tosses her out.
I think people need to hear more of his comments in context. He really didn't sound all that racist to me as far as what I saw he reportedly said. He didn't want her bringing Magic Johnson to the games. So what's racist about that? The guy has AIDS. Did he use the N word? How do you get a NAACP award and be a racist?

I'm not so sure the guy is a racist. His girl friend is black, after all. It sounds like a setup since she is currently having issues with him and a recording of him was somehow released to the newspapers. I think anything said in private should not be used against you. After all, how many can say they've never uttered anything racist and would have no problem having secret recordings of their conversations released to the public.

To his credit, president Obama was not hard on him at all. This racism is something we (ALL RACES) have to work through.

Btw, anybody who knows me will tell you that using terms "give credit and "Obama" in the same sentence is very rare for me, but I think Obama got it right -- for the 2nd time.

Lots of racists have no problem fucking someone who they have absolutely no respect for. History serves up many examples of racists and bigots doing such things.

Fucking and dating are two different things. I doubt Sterling does much of the former and it doesnt sound like mcgarrett does much of the latter with blacks.

I'm assuming he's an avowed racist. If I'm wrong, I apologize to mr Garrett.

Last edited:
Exactly how many threads is USMB going to allow on the same subject about the racist Sterling who donated $$ to the Dems 20 years ago?
Is starting an original thread really that difficult?

probably no where near as many threads as got dedicated to pat robertson or clive bundy

Well, I'm a little behind the curve right now because I have an immense amout of work, but from what I heard and saw, Sterling is a racist fuck and I am ashamed that he has anything to do with the Democratic Party. He should get drummed out of the Party.

I am going to rail on him as much as I have been railing on Bundy, maybe even more, because this yahoo is also in a position of power within his profession.

What a schmuck. I'm more than happy to call him out for this horseshit. It's disgusting and has no place in the 21st century!
Actually, he has had nothing to do with the Democratic Party from 1998 to the present, as he became a registered Republican in 1998.

I don't believe that being racism is tied to one party's ideology or another. However, there are people in certain parties that certainly have racial overtones and a lot of that ideology belongs in the conservative right. With Paul Ryan's "inner city culture" comment and others complete insensitivity to the plight of the minorities and LGBT community. That's why the right is viewed as more racist and not the left.
Well, that's not the only reason Conservatives are viewed more as racists ... having only one elected black Republican in Congress is another.
You and your good buddy are simple-minded.

I think people need to hear more of his comments in context. He really didn't sound all that racist to me as far as what I saw he reportedly said. He didn't want her bringing Magic Johnson to the games. So what's racist about that? The guy has AIDS. Did he use the N word? How do you get a NAACP award and be a racist?

Either you did not listen to the tape or you are really dense. He said quote "do not bring black people to the games".

[ame=http://youtu.be/YhT6d5fMhzI]Clippers Owner Donald Sterling to Girlfriend: Don't Bring Black People to My Games (Audio) - YouTube[/ame]

I am really at a loss how anyone can listen to that tape and say "Sorry folks I don't see the racism"--WTF are you talking about!?

Hasn't this minor incident used up all its catastrophe points yet?

"Minority incident" you mean. There's nothing benign or insignificant about what he said.

"""V: I don't understand, I don't see your views. I wasn't raised the way you were raised.

DS: Well then, if you don't feel—don't come to my games. Don't bring black people, and don't come.

V: Do you know that you have a whole team that's black, that plays for you?

DS: You just, do I know? I support them and give them food, and clothes, and cars, and houses. Who gives it to them? Does someone else give it to them? Do I know that I have—Who makes the game? Do I make the game, or do they make the game? Is there 30 owners, that created the league?"""""

http://deadspin.com/exclusive-the-extended-donald-sterling-tape-1568291249

It really says a lot about modern American culture that something like this comes out and everyone's first reaction is "how can we exploit this for political gain?". After mass shootings, MSNBC hosts on air wonder if perhaps they are Tea Party people.

I am really at a loss how anyone can listen to that tape and say "Sorry folks I don't see the racism"--WTF are you talking about!?
Now that it has come out that Sterling is a registered Republican, they have to claim what he said is not racist.

Sterling can be a Martian for all I care, but he will pay the price socially, economically, and personally.

Now that it has come out that Sterling is a registered Republican, they have to claim what he said is not racist.
It was stated. No proof of his registration was given.
It was confirmed by two sources.

Turns Out Donald Sterling Is a Registered Republican; So What? | Mediaite

Sorry bout that,

1. Oh wow he is a democrat?
2. Figures.
3. Sad how the Democrats say one thing about racism and then get recorded saying the exact opposite.
4. This bites for Democrats all over the fruity plains.
5. I think this is a great story, and getting more and more press, which will indeed make hay for the Democrats.
6. The media will find a way to make Sterling a Republican, and that will be, *END STORY*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You've no point to make. You are a sad person. His comments would be disgusting no matter his political affiliation.

I'm sure you were outraged when Robert Byrd said '******' on national television in 2001. Byrd, a former KKK recruiter, had voted against the Civil Rights Act and along with Al Gore's father led the filibuster against it.

[ame=http://youtu.be/PnO6ai0Ktro]Senator Robert Byrd Says White ******* - YouTube[/ame]

Or how about the mega Democrat donor who was caught on camera beating his wife, striking her over fifty times--AND ONLY GETTING COMMUNITY SERVICE. He is a Democrat, so by your logic that means the entire Democrat Party is for what he did.

It was stated. No proof of his registration was given.
It was confirmed by two sources.

Turns Out Donald Sterling Is a Registered Republican; So What? | Mediaite

It's sad that you believe what he said is worse because he is a Republican. Your logic would mean it would be less worse if he were a Democrat. What is wrong with you?

Not to mention Sterling was sued by Bush's Justice Department for violation of the fair housing laws.

Forum List

Back