"You stay white, and I'll stay black"

Black people have this perpetual "victim" mentality with a chip on their shoulder about everything. It's the blame whitey syndrome they can't seem to overcome no matter how successful they become.

And the white women who marry them are just about as bad. I know one who's mixed son has been in and out of prison 2 or 3 times. Does she blame him for his criminal behavior? Nope, it's the racist cops who keep arresting little Tyrone for home invasion, felony gun possession, and selling drugs. And sending him to the white man's prison for no reason except his skin color. ..... :cuckoo:
The sad thing is that no matter how successful they become, too many white folks still stereotype them, label them, call them n*****, spray it on their mansions, and try to bring them down once they have "arrived." Too many white people actually make them victims of their racists attitudes and words.

Regarding the woman you mentioned, the exact same crimes, committed by a white kid, may not result in prison time - remember the kid who killed people with his car while he was drunk - they claimed he had "affluenza" and couldn't be held responsible. When black people or even mixed race kids get arrested, they are never given the benefit of the "reasonable doubt," they are assumed guilty, not innocent.

You need to think a little deeper into the cause of your complaints.

This thread is in response to several questions I’ve been asked recently. It has been suggested that since I am a white person, I cannot know what black people experience in this country.

In 1971 I moved from Lancaster County, PA into North Philadelphia to work at a Christian Youth Organization. I was one of a hand full of whites there. Then in 1980, I married a black man and we have lived together in black neighborhoods ever since. He told me from the very beginning “You stay white, and I’ll stay black,” and that’s what we have done. I feel as though I have been given insights into what black people experience. And since most white people don’t get those insights, I’ve been trying to share what I have learned. While I site other authors and sometimes refer to statistics or something I’ve read, my convictions have come from my experiences alone. And while you can argue with someone’s viewpoint and perceptions, you cannot argue with their experiences. It is what makes them who they are.

Folks have mentioned the Black Experience. My husband has told me many times over the years that the Black Experience in America is that you cannot be yourself. It’s being told by a white catholic brother that you can’t play the trumpet because your lips are too big (he suggests the tuba instead.) It’s being told by the white piano teacher that you can’t play the piano because your fingers are too small. It’s being followed around the store by the salespeople, picking up their negative, suspicious vibe before you even see them. It’s walking down the street with a smile on your face and watching the first white lady you come across tighten the grip on her handbag. It’s standing on the corner when a white person pulls up to the stop sign, sees you and quickly locks all of the doors. It’s seeing black people on the news night after night, in handcuffs, being taken away as criminals. It’s wanting to speak up at work when you see unequal treatment, but knowing you may lose your job if you do. It’s being angry at injustice, but being told to shut up and forget about the past, like it has nothing to do with the present.
Delores, that being told "you can't" is a part of the world. I am white plus a female that has been told "you can't" my entire life by some ass out there that is clueless, resentful, jealous or whatever and they even tried to give me the "you can't"s and I was already doing what ever it was that was in my heart to try to accomplish. If I believed "you can't" for every time I heard it I would have lived a very boring miserable existence. I would have never been able to have my own business at twenty-five as a single mother with two children. I would not have tried to paint and that would have cost me not only financially but also the pleasure of being able to do it. I was producing spec material in my mine operation when a state employee attempted to tell me "you can't do it that away" but I was already and it met the specifications to a tee. I would not accept "you can't" from any human when I believe I can, as the Word tells me with God all things are possible.
When my husband was told those things he was a young child, and it made a pretty big impression on him at the time. I agree, as adults we have often developed more self-esteem to fight against negativity. Lack of self-esteem is often a problem among young black men.
Like I stated in a previous comment in this thread I left home before twelve so I am very familiar with what affects the things that people say and do can have on a child or a young adult regardless of color or race. I was a first among female dot contractors back in the day and a lot of the state guys referred to me as that "indian gal". I have seen as much discrimination as any out there and no doubt it is there but to keep letting it grow on all sides isn't going to solve anything. Self esteem is an issue for most all young people. My son had to overcome being told by teachers he was an idiot incapable of learning plus all of the bs we went through that we could literally right a book about as certain political asses attempted to get to me through my son. Again we all have things to overcome here.

Black people have this perpetual "victim" mentality with a chip on their shoulder about everything. It's the blame whitey syndrome they can't seem to overcome no matter how successful they become.

And the white women who marry them are just about as bad. I know one who's mixed son has been in and out of prison 2 or 3 times. Does she blame him for his criminal behavior? Nope, it's the racist cops who keep arresting little Tyrone for home invasion, felony gun possession, and selling drugs. And sending him to the white man's prison for no reason except his skin color. ..... :cuckoo:

Is the sons name actually "Tyrone"? Or is that just a "code name" that you randomly selected for him?

You sound like an extreme racist to me so you are no better than the white racist or the males who believe they are better than females. I never used any affirmative action programs, did you or the companies that hired you? I have seen contractors that have their 'black contractors' so they get that extra credit, are you one of those? some of those people couldn't win a contract on an up and up straight bid so they have no choice but to demand they get special credits for their 'nigga's'. So what is your issue, did your degree fail you or did your blackness fail you? If you did these great things building businesses were they your businesses or were you merely someone else's employee?

I have to laugh at you for saying something so stupid. I've said nothing racist. The problem we have as a nation today is whites have conflated racism to mean us saying things they do not want to hear. The reality here is that white racism still exists and it does hinder people of color. It's not because people of color use it for an excuse to fail or to be hindered. That's just the way it is and until you turn to a person of color and live you can't tell me anything different.

I told you about myself in the first post. You did not listen.
Your wrong, people are just tired of being called racist just because of the color of their skin, a racist attitude. That and listening to people blame every problem they've ever had on someone else's skin color. We hear racism claimed so often when it's obviously not true that any claim now is met with complete skepticism, and rightfully so.

People are being called racist because of their racist behavior and beliefs, not their skin color. idiot.
You are obviously not paying attention to the political left in this country. We hear constantly how all white people are racist, again a racist statement. I'm to the point now that when I hear someone cry racism I just assume that someone on the left is losing an argument and the racist cry is a way to shut down any debate. We see this on college campuses constantly.

I haven't seen any comments saying all whites are racist. But what I do see is when the right is losing they start whining about how the left is saying all whites are racists.
The narrative that all whites are racist is being taught in our schools and is overwhelmingly accepted on almost every college campus in the country. The overriding narrative of the left is that of victimhood and in every case the "oppressor" is white men.

I have to laugh at you for saying something so stupid. I've said nothing racist. The problem we have as a nation today is whites have conflated racism to mean us saying things they do not want to hear. The reality here is that white racism still exists and it does hinder people of color. It's not because people of color use it for an excuse to fail or to be hindered. That's just the way it is and until you turn to a person of color and live you can't tell me anything different.

I told you about myself in the first post. You did not listen.
Your wrong, people are just tired of being called racist just because of the color of their skin, a racist attitude. That and listening to people blame every problem they've ever had on someone else's skin color. We hear racism claimed so often when it's obviously not true that any claim now is met with complete skepticism, and rightfully so.

People are being called racist because of their racist behavior and beliefs, not their skin color. idiot.
You are obviously not paying attention to the political left in this country. We hear constantly how all white people are racist, again a racist statement. I'm to the point now that when I hear someone cry racism I just assume that someone on the left is losing an argument and the racist cry is a way to shut down any debate. We see this on college campuses constantly.

I haven't seen any comments saying all whites are racist. But what I do see is when the right is losing they start whining about how the left is saying all whites are racists.
The narrative that all whites are racist is being taught in our schools and is overwhelmingly accepted on almost every college campus in the country. The overriding narrative of the left is that of victimhood and in every case the "oppressor" is white men.

That is not the narrative taught in any school at any level. Historical fact is what it is. Whites should not have done the things they did or history would not have recorded things in that way.

This thread is in response to several questions I’ve been asked recently. It has been suggested that since I am a white person, I cannot know what black people experience in this country.

In 1971 I moved from Lancaster County, PA into North Philadelphia to work at a Christian Youth Organization. I was one of a hand full of whites there. Then in 1980, I married a black man and we have lived together in black neighborhoods ever since. He told me from the very beginning “You stay white, and I’ll stay black,” and that’s what we have done. I feel as though I have been given insights into what black people experience. And since most white people don’t get those insights, I’ve been trying to share what I have learned. While I site other authors and sometimes refer to statistics or something I’ve read, my convictions have come from my experiences alone. And while you can argue with someone’s viewpoint and perceptions, you cannot argue with their experiences. It is what makes them who they are.

Folks have mentioned the Black Experience. My husband has told me many times over the years that the Black Experience in America is that you cannot be yourself. It’s being told by a white catholic brother that you can’t play the trumpet because your lips are too big (he suggests the tuba instead.) It’s being told by the white piano teacher that you can’t play the piano because your fingers are too small. It’s being followed around the store by the salespeople, picking up their negative, suspicious vibe before you even see them. It’s walking down the street with a smile on your face and watching the first white lady you come across tighten the grip on her handbag. It’s standing on the corner when a white person pulls up to the stop sign, sees you and quickly locks all of the doors. It’s seeing black people on the news night after night, in handcuffs, being taken away as criminals. It’s wanting to speak up at work when you see unequal treatment, but knowing you may lose your job if you do. It’s being angry at injustice, but being told to shut up and forget about the past, like it has nothing to do with the present.
Delores, that being told "you can't" is a part of the world. I am white plus a female that has been told "you can't" my entire life by some ass out there that is clueless, resentful, jealous or whatever and they even tried to give me the "you can't"s and I was already doing what ever it was that was in my heart to try to accomplish. If I believed "you can't" for every time I heard it I would have lived a very boring miserable existence. I would have never been able to have my own business at twenty-five as a single mother with two children. I would not have tried to paint and that would have cost me not only financially but also the pleasure of being able to do it. I was producing spec material in my mine operation when a state employee attempted to tell me "you can't do it that away" but I was already and it met the specifications to a tee. I would not accept "you can't" from any human when I believe I can, as the Word tells me with God all things are possible.
When my husband was told those things he was a young child, and it made a pretty big impression on him at the time. I agree, as adults we have often developed more self-esteem to fight against negativity. Lack of self-esteem is often a problem among young black men.
Like I stated in a previous comment in this thread I left home before twelve so I am very familiar with what affects the things that people say and do can have on a child or a young adult regardless of color or race. I was a first among female dot contractors back in the day and a lot of the state guys referred to me as that "indian gal". I have seen as much discrimination as any out there and no doubt it is there but to keep letting it grow on all sides isn't going to solve anything. Self esteem is an issue for most all young people. My son had to overcome being told by teachers he was an idiot incapable of learning plus all of the bs we went through that we could literally right a book about as certain political asses attempted to get to me through my son. Again we all have things to overcome here.

Things are not just that simple This is what you fail to understand. You leaving home at 12 is not equivalent to 240 years of continuing white racism against people of color by law and by policy.

From Ferguson to Baltimore: The Fruits of Government-Sponsored Segregation

Detroit’s Bankruptcy Reflects a History of Racism

Is the sons name actually "Tyrone"? Or is that just a "code name" that you randomly selected for him?

More than likely a code name because he thinks he's being funny.

Idiots here talk about blaming whitey, but when whitey does thtings like this which negatively impact blacks then what?

Government was deeply involved in the racial segregation of the Detroit metropolitan area, as it was in the nation. As early as the 1930’s, the Federal Housing Administration’s underwriting manual instructed mortgage lenders to respect racial covenants, and the Federal Home Loan Bank Board sponsored the development of residential security maps that made most minority neighborhoods off-limits for lending. After World War II, when the G.I. Bill gave subsidized mortgages to millions of veterans, the government’s mortgage lending restrictions effectively excluded blacks. The new homes in the white suburban communities around Detroit were built with G.I. bill money that was denied to most blacks.

Government was involved at a more micro level as well. I grew up in all-white Grosse Pointe, one block from the Detroit city limit. The “Pointe system,” which awarded points that individuals needed to qualify as buyers based on their race and religion, was enforced by realtors and civic associations, by violence and threats of violence, and by legal covenants against selling to a non-white. The Pointe system kept black people from purchasing homes in any of the five Grosse Pointe municipalities during most of the 20th century. Other suburban communities, including Dearborn, the home of the Ford Motor Co., were populated along racial lines and maintained their racial segregation through notorious whites-only policies, the use of racial covenants, mob violence ignored by the police, and even the participation of the police and fire departments in harassing anyone who tried to break the color line.

The 20th century ended just 17 years ago folks.

The U.S. racial wealth gap is substantial and is driven by public policy decisions. According to our analysis of the SIPP data, in 2011 the median white household had $111,146 in wealth holdings, compared to just $7,113 for the median Black household and $8,348 for the median Latino household. From the continuing impact of redlining on American homeownership to the retreat from desegregation in public education, public policy has shaped these disparities, leaving them impossible to overcome without racially-aware policy change.

The Racial Wealth Gap: Why Policy Matters | Demos

The opinions by the racist whites here are built on strawmen, misinformation and ignorance. The facts of public policy show that if anyone is to blame for problems in the black community it is white lawmakers who crafted these policies. So if we are blaming "whitey" It is justified.

Things are not just that simple This is what you fail to understand. You leaving home at 12 is not equivalent to 240 years of continuing white racism against people of color by law and by policy.

Not reading your links as I have other things to do with my time that are more beneficial than debating with someone with a 'victim mentality'. We are all individuals and we all have to make choices. Problems are in every generation and each generation has the ability to overcome those issues whatever they may be if they have someone willing to help them try. The whole country has issues of poverty, drugs, corruption and inequality in various areas throughout the country and the most damaging thing to any society is corruption left unaddressed. That corruption is an issue that needs to be addressed for all races not just blacks. If you want to go back and claim that you have been abused because your great grandparents had it rough I am going to say what happen to the other Indians on the reservation where my grands were? My grandparents moved on and integrated into society after the trail of tears. That must be why some white men have treated me with such disdain over the years. Sorry my claims are senior to yours.

Yep, Dems did that. When will you learn.

Not reading your links as I have other things to do with my time that are more beneficial than debating with someone with a 'victim mentality'. We are all individuals and we all have to make choices. Problems are in every generation and each generation has the ability to overcome those issues whatever they may be if they have someone willing to help them try. The whole country has issues of poverty, drugs, corruption and inequality in various areas throughout the country and the most damaging thing to any society is corruption left unaddressed. That corruption is an issue that needs to be addressed for all races not just blacks. If you want to go back and claim that you have been abused because your great grandparents had it rough I am going to say what happen to the other Indians on the reservation where my grands were? My grandparents moved on and integrated into society after the trail of tears. That must be why some white men have treated me with such disdain over the years. Sorry my claims are senior to yours.

Of course you wont because you can't accept the truth. Your claims are false. You choose to live a lie.

No depoto, such things have been bi partisan. That is what we have learned.

Of course you wont because you can't accept the truth. Your claims are false. You choose to live a lie.
No asshole like I said I have better things to do with my time than deal with some 'I am an educated black man who retired at 56 years old. Made lots of money, helped build businesses, etc.' that desires to make bullshit claims of victim status. I have local crooks to deal with that are assholes and my time is better spent trying to defend my rights from these crooks than try to banter with some mental victim online. Yours from all you are saying is in your mind. Mine is a reality of people making up bogus paperwork to lay claim to more of our real property that we already paid for with hard earned cash twenty years ago, so f'off.

No asshole like I said I have better things to do with my time than deal with some 'I am an educated black man who retired at 56 years old. Made lots of money, helped build businesses, etc.' that desires to make bullshit claims of victim status. I have local crooks to deal with that are assholes and my time is better spent trying to defend my rights from these crooks than try to banter with some mental victim online. Yours from all you are saying is in your mind. Mine is a reality of people making up bogus paperwork to lay claim to more of our real property that we already paid for with hard earned cash twenty years ago, so f'off.

No, you don't want to face the truth that the way you see things just aren't so. This auto pilot you go into stupid about some fictional victim status shows just how ignorant you are. While everyone has had problems but everyone's problems have not been equal in stature nor were they created by the same things. That's just a fact. You run your mouth off with a race baited line about victims and that shows just how much you have been victimized by the racism you have fallen into yourself. There is no mental victimhood here fool. Mentioning continuing white racism doesn't make a fucking victim. Taking it and mot saying anything or doing anything to fight it does. I do both. You accept a lie steeped in white racism as truth. YOU are the mental victim.

No, you don't want to face the truth that the way you see things just aren't so. This auto pilot you go into stupid about some fictional victim status shows just how ignorant you are. While everyone has had problems but everyone's problems have not been equal in stature nor were they created by the same things. That's just a fact. You run your mouth off with a race baited line about victims and that shows just how much you have been victimized by the racism you have fallen into yourself. There is no mental victimhood here fool. Mentioning continuing white racism doesn't make a fucking victim. Taking it and mot saying anything or doing anything to fight it does. I do both. You accept a lie steeped in white racism as truth. YOU are the mental victim.
You do realize that generally when people are making off the wall bullshit claims and accusations such as you are doing they are actually giving away their own personal hangups. You are a racist, quit talking about yourself like that.

You do realize that generally when people are making off the wall bullshit claims and accusations such as you are doing they are actually giving away their own personal hangups. You are a racist, quit talking about yourself like that.

And here you are making off the wall bullshit claims and accusations. You didn't have time to read the links but you have time to do this. HMMMMM!

And here you are making off the wall bullshit claims and accusations. You didn't have time to read the links but you have time to do this. HMMMMM!
I already read enough of your postings to come to a conclusion and again I will not be wasting my time reading your links.

I already read enough of your postings to come to a conclusion and again I will not be wasting my time reading your links.

Yeah and you came to a false conclusion.

I'm good with it so it is your personal problem that you will have to deal with for yourself.

I'm good with it so it is your personal problem that you will have to deal with for yourself.

Actually its your personal problem if you wish to remain ignorant of the truth..

Forum List

Back