You wake up with a man pointing a gun at you...what do you do, shoot him

2aguy Billc doesn't live in the real world.

Next time he changes his screen name, it should be to John Wayne.
Well...considering this event took place in the "real" world.........how do I not live in the real world......?

Luddly the coward, never used even his first name.......must have a lot to hide....

Law abiding citizens use guns to stop violent crime, and save lives on average 1.6 million times a year...you can read these stories at places like "The Armed Citizen" and thetruthaboutguns and gunssavelives....they even have a list of defensive gun uses based on location, as well as the type of weapon used...it is a good data base.

Not all defensive uses are dramatic, most of the time the victim presents the weapon and the thug runs away.....but many times, you have stories like this one.....

luddly the coward, you should check them out......might give you some courage......

You mean over 20 years ago flawed surveys claimed that number. Crime is down 30% since then.

No.....at least 18-19 surveys by actual researchers from both public and private sources over a 40 year period, including anti gun and neutral researchers.....

And yes, crime is down 30%......but that coincides with an increase in the number of Americans buying and owning and carrying guns for self defense....we now have over 320 million guns in private hands.......and the crime rate is going down, not up........and the gun accident rate is going down, not up.....

And we have more people than ever before carrying guns for self defense....over 11.1 million, and that is what we know from the states that make their gun owners get permits....a lot of states don't require a permit to carry......and as you said, the crime rate is down 30% and is expected to go down another 4% and gun accidents are going down, not up.....

Not bad....and we have more guns....and less gun crime......

The problem with getting all your info from gun sites is you never really get the full story:

The resident was sleeping in his bed when the sound of Arredondo breaking into his apartment woke him up, Miller said. He retrieved his gun and waited in his bed for Arredondo to enter his bedroom. Arredondo came into the room and ordered the tenant to get on the ground. It was then that the tenant shot Arredondo, fatally injuring him, Miller said.

So he was waiting for him and no doubt shot him through his blankets. So much for your explanation for why the good guy won. And you are really killing your theory that most defenders don't shoot and kill criminals.

Police Justified self-defense in North Austin homicide www.statesman.com

It isn't my theory brain....it is reality....54% of defensive gun uses and not one shot is fired...most defenders don't have to shoot, most defenders if they do shoot only injure, and only in rare cases do they kill their attacker.......

54%? So what percent is the criminal shot dead? Most your examples involve dead criminals.
Dead criminals is a good thing, Brain.

Especially armed ones.

2aguy Billc doesn't live in the real world.

Next time he changes his screen name, it should be to John Wayne.
Well...considering this event took place in the "real" world.........how do I not live in the real world......?

Luddly the coward, never used even his first name.......must have a lot to hide....

Law abiding citizens use guns to stop violent crime, and save lives on average 1.6 million times a year...you can read these stories at places like "The Armed Citizen" and thetruthaboutguns and gunssavelives....they even have a list of defensive gun uses based on location, as well as the type of weapon used...it is a good data base.

Not all defensive uses are dramatic, most of the time the victim presents the weapon and the thug runs away.....but many times, you have stories like this one.....

luddly the coward, you should check them out......might give you some courage......

You mean over 20 years ago flawed surveys claimed that number. Crime is down 30% since then.

No.....at least 18-19 surveys by actual researchers from both public and private sources over a 40 year period, including anti gun and neutral researchers.....

And yes, crime is down 30%......but that coincides with an increase in the number of Americans buying and owning and carrying guns for self defense....we now have over 320 million guns in private hands.......and the crime rate is going down, not up........and the gun accident rate is going down, not up.....

And we have more people than ever before carrying guns for self defense....over 11.1 million, and that is what we know from the states that make their gun owners get permits....a lot of states don't require a permit to carry......and as you said, the crime rate is down 30% and is expected to go down another 4% and gun accidents are going down, not up.....

Not bad....and we have more guns....and less gun crime......

Ownership is actually down however. Gun owners just own more guns. But it is nice everything is headed in the right direction.

how do I not live in the real world......?

This question shows you do not. Anyone who has to ask HOW to something they are accused of is usually guilty. The proper response would be a denial instead of a question.

If I wake up to a man standing over me with a gun, I will wonder what happened to my dog and why he was not barking like crazy.

If I wake up to a man standing over me with a gun, I will wonder what happened to my dog and why he was not barking like crazy.

Well in this case the guy did hear him breaking in and got his gun and waited. If you have a dog most criminals will move on to an easier target. Unless you've been telling everyone you have millions under your mattress.

Forum List

Back