You'd Think Obama Could Lay a Wreath or Something....

My father, from Buffalo, joined the British Army in June 1941 to fight Nazis. Of course, he was sent to India. He was surrounded at Imphal June 6, 1844- I think he resented the lack of coverage of that incredible battle.
I'm seriously tired of loudmouths claiming to be more patriotic. Not you, just sayin'

My daddy went to Biloxi, MS. in 1957 AFR before Hurricane Camille destroyed the first base in 1969.
Uncle fought WWII Army/Phillipines...Don't know what regiment.
Uncle Momma's side of family was in Guadal Canal, 89 years old, has butt shrapnel.

My father, from Buffalo, joined the British Army in June 1941 to fight Nazis. Of course, he was sent to India. He was surrounded at Imphal June 6, 1844- I think he resented the lack of coverage of that incredible battle.
I'm seriously tired of loudmouths claiming to be more patriotic. Not you, just sayin'

It is good reminder to DO something on Veterans' Day for me. Thank you for your personal history, I appreciate the reminder of the war in India, and Africa (Rommel's territory.) Remembering the photos of spears thrown at tanks rolling down the citizens is chilling.

I must ask this...How many days would Obama - or any president - spend during the year if they commemorated every significant battle the US has been in during its history?

Corpsmen - them and BM's - my favorites. GMs not too shabby either....

Blackshoes.

Actually - during my last tour - we could all wear brown shoes, and I did. Looked better in khaki. However - I would never claim to be an Airdale.....

Chiefs were actually wearing brown shoes with khakis long before the airwing claimed them. I worked at the clinic at Cecil Field and bought me a pair after they "let" us wear them again. I found an old picture of a group of Chiefs in dress khakis wearing brown shoes and hung it on my wall in my office. Whenever i got a snide remark about a surface Chief wearing brown shoes from an airdale I would just point to the wall.

The Mighty Battle Frigate Bowen, the Goin' Bowen, The First to Shoot at Beirut.

I was in her crew years later and made Chief while aboard.

I lost two good friends and the Nation lost two great Corpsmen (and many more) on October 23, 1983.

RIP Ronnie and George

Corpsmen - them and BM's - my favorites. GMs not too shabby either....

Blackshoes.

During my three FMF tours I wore black boots. Now they wear brown. Marines, Corpsmen. Chiefs. All of them. Go figure.

Then it strikes me as even WORSE that they were not prepared for that driver.

The rules of engagement were ridiculous. So fucking "PC" didn't want to hurt any Middle East feeling. The guys souldn't even have a round chambered. You can't "undeploy" a whole MARG or MEU, or whatever the hell it was called - with three weeks warning. They got the Sailors out of there from the supporting ships (i.e. liberty cancelled), but the Marines were sitting ducks. Horrible thing that happened.

If the guys on the ground were allowed to run things, vs. the politicians - things would have gone a whole lot better.

What a fuck up.

And of course - Colonel Gerharty (again, sp) was made the scapegoat.

The rules of engagement for that campaign are on the internet if you're interested.

Wow. Ronnie fucked up bad, huh?

Then it strikes me as even WORSE that they were not prepared for that driver.

The rules of engagement were ridiculous. So fucking "PC" didn't want to hurt any Middle East feeling. The guys souldn't even have a round chambered. You can't "undeploy" a whole MARG or MEU, or whatever the hell it was called - with three weeks warning. They got the Sailors out of there from the supporting ships (i.e. liberty cancelled), but the Marines were sitting ducks. Horrible thing that happened.

If the guys on the ground were allowed to run things, vs. the politicians - things would have gone a whole lot better.

What a fuck up.

And of course - Colonel Gerharty (again, sp) was made the scapegoat.

The rules of engagement for that campaign are on the internet if you're interested.

Wow. Ronnie fucked up bad, huh?

He was clueless. Remember how he tried to promote born in the USA?

Forum List

Back