Your Dream Car...

Pagani Huayra

Pagani-Huayra-2011-16.jpg

Not to hijack the thread, but if you could afford ANY car, then natually you could afford multiple cars and you undoubtedly would have several cars.

The more interesting question is, "If you could have any car you want, and it would have to be your ONLY car, what would that be?"

For me, Porsche Panamera S.

Well, if I was limited to a single vehicle it would have to be this one...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDoRmT0iRic]The Marauder - South Africa's Ten Ton Military Vehicle - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

Not to hijack the thread, but if you could afford ANY car, then natually you could afford multiple cars and you undoubtedly would have several cars.

The more interesting question is, "If you could have any car you want, and it would have to be your ONLY car, what would that be?"

1993-96 Dodge Dakota Sport, regular cab/longbed, 2WD, V8 and 5-speed.

On weekends, look for it at the strip with a pair of slicks on the back and a dial-in on the windshield. :D

Mini Paceman JCW

images

images

images

images

images

Although, okay, if money were no object I wouldn't mind having one of these to make myself feel like a bigshot. In addition to the SUV, of course.

I live and work overseas now. Sold my car. The one I remember most, and would love to have again one day overseas, is one like my old white, 2006 Jeep Wrangler. When you drove around with the top down on a sunny day, you had no cares in the world.

JeepWrangler_zps7c74ed48.jpg

Despite finding my motoring love in classic front-engine watercooled Porsches, the "dream car" I always wanted since I was a kid was an 1970 Plymouth Superbird in Alpine White/white interior with bucket seats, the 426 Hemi and 4 speed transmission.

902affc44856192bab5e76443205e8d3.jpg

The Superbird, based on the Roadrunner, was born to fight NASCAR's "Aero-wars" of the late '60's & early '70's. These were the days when the make of the car usually was more important than who was driving it. Detroit was very cognizant of the old adage "win on Sunday, sell on Monday", and in 1969, Mopar was not winning. Ford had introduced the slippery Torino Talladega and the sister Mercury Cyclone GT in 1968 and immediately began winning on NASCAR's high profile superspeedways, which were located in Detroit's #1 market of the day, the US southeast.

Chrysler's competitors, the Charger and Roadrunner, despite their power advantage with the Hemi engine, were not aerodynamic enough to offset the Fords, though the Charger was better than the boxy Roadrunner. Plymouth's lead driver, Richard Petty, wanted to switch to Dodge for 1969, but Chrysler nixed the idea, so Petty jumped ship to Ford. Petty proved prescient as through the first half of '69, the newest Fords were even better aerodynamically than the upgraded Charger 500.

Mopar engineers went to work and midway through the '69 season they introduced the Charger Daytona. Based on the Charger 500, it added a drooping nosecone and fixed high wing to the rear deck. The resulting monstrosity immediately won straight out of the box at Talladega and went on to amass a favorable record through the rest of the '69 season.

Petty, did not have the success he had hoped for with Ford in '69, (Holman-Moody, the Ford racing parts distributor, was an on-track competitor of the Petty's and often held up critical parts deliveries), so when Plymouth called Petty and dangled the new Superbird, Plymouth's version of the winged-warrior, Petty bit and went back to Mopar. The Superbirds did well, winning 8 races in 1970.

Rule changes in 1971 rendered both winged cars uncompetitive, so they were quietly retired.

On the street, in order to homologate the Superbird, Plymouth built @ 1935 units, one for every dealer. Sales were disappointing to the point that some dealers removed the nose cones and wings. @ 505 Daytonas were built the year before, homologation rules were different in '69.

58 Superbirds were built with the 426 Hemi/4 speed combo, making them the rarest of these rare-birds.

1970 Superbird Specs, Colors, Facts, History, and Performance | Classic Car Database

Plymouth Superbird

My dream car is my current 4WD Jeep.

The Mexican landscapers ran into it while it was parked outside my home and a neighbor was an eye witness.

Then the Mexicans ran away.

The neighbor told me, and I inspected the damage -- probably around $2000 to fix it.

So I called the cops.

The cop took the neighbor's eye witness report then he went to the office to find out who the landscapers are. This gave me a police report case number.

Then I called the insurance and gave them the case number.

Then I called the body shop.

Then the insurance called me back and cleared me for the body shop.

Then I took the Jeep to the body shop and rode my mountain bike home afterwards.

Now I am mountain bike stranded for the next 2 weeks.

I have a cargo pack on the back of the bike that lets me carry 3 tote bags full of groceries home with it. So I went grocery shopping right away after dropping off the vehicle.

I love my car.

I don't need or want a freeway rocket nor an Italian chick picker-upper.

I just want my Jeep back -- fixed.

Forum List

Back