Your Favorite Things About Israel

The Flourishing Mountains of Samaria
Photo Credit: TzaleMiri

"Sojourn in this Land and I will be with you and bless you."
Genesis 26:3

The-sataf-forest_806.gif

The sataf forest in Jerusalem

https://www.elal.com/magazine/en/portfolio-items/cities-sites/5-hidden-gems-in-israel/

The Vitality of the Land

FEATURED PHOTO: An almond tree blossoms in the Galilee (Shutterstock).

The next day Moshe entered the Tent of the Pact, and there the staff of Aharon of the house of Levi had sprouted: it had brought forth sprouts, produced blossoms, and borne almonds
Numbers 17:23 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

vai-HEE mi-ma-kha-RAT va-ya-VO mo-SHEH el O-hel ha-ay-DUT v’-hi-NAY pa-RAKH
ma-tay a-ha-RON l’-VAYT lay-VEE va-YO-tzay FE-rakh va-YA-tzaytz TZEETZ va-yig-MOL sh’-kay-DEEM

Israel is the land of vitality! Everywhere you look, you see life, growth, and vitality. You ask: To whom does Jerusalem belong? It belongs to those who make it bud and blossom, to those who make it live and grow.” 71 years after the establishment of the modern state of Israel, Jerusalem continues to show even more incredible signs of life and vitality. Jerusalem in Jewish hands is indeed ordained by God, just as the budding of Aharon’s staff demonstrated in the verse above.

Yishi, Israel: A remarkable tale of strength and divine salvation

FEATURED PHOTO: Rabbi Tuly Weisz planting trees in the expanding Jewish community of Yishi.
Of David. Hashem is my light and my help; whom should I fear? Hashem is the stronghold of my life, whom should I dread?
Psalms 27:1 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

le-da-VEED a-do-NAI oh-REE ve-YEESH-ee MEE-mee EE-ra a-d-NAI ma-OZ kha-YAY MEE-mee ef-KHAD

Yishi is an agricultural community located just about 10 minutes away from the Israel365 offices in Bet Shemesh. Rabbi Tuly Weisz visited Yishai as the next location in the Plant@71 campaign. The name Yishi comes from Psalms 27: 1. The Hebrew word for helpin this verse is 'YEE-shee'. The word Yishi in Hebrew means help or salvation. The group of Yemenite pioneers who arrived in Yishi in 1950 knew that they would only successfully settle the barren and uninhabited land with the help and salvation of God. More on Yishi...

Israel's Warriors

FEATURED PHOTO: IDF soldiers atop the Israeli built Merkava tank (Shutterstock).

At that time I charged you, saying, “Hashem your God has given you this country to possess. You must go as shock-troops, warriors all, at the head of your Israelite kinsmen”
Deuteronomy 3:18 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

va-a-TZAV et-KHEM ba-AYT ha-HEE lay-MOR a-do-NAI e-lo-hay-KHEM na-TAN la-KHEM et ha-A-retz ha-ZOT l’-rish-TAH kha-lu-TZEEM ta-av-RU lif-NAY a-khay-KHEM b’-nay
yis-ra-AYL kol b’-nay KHA-yil

As in the days of Joshua described in the verse above, today the State of Israel calls upon all of its citizens to serve in the Israel Defense Forces. Military service typically lasts for three years, between the ages of eighteen to twenty-one, followed by several weeks of reserve duty each year until the age of forty-five. This week is IDF Appreciation Week in which we say THANK YOU to the brave defenders of Israel for all that they do!

This morning Home Secretary Sajid Javid visited the Kotel before placing a note in one of the crevasses. Apparently, this is the first visit to the site by a senior minister of the British government in 19 years and if (G-d forbid) Corbyn gets into power quite possibly the last for even longer!

image.jpeg

Ancient Roads Leading to Future Temple

FEATURED PHOTO: The Cotton Merchant's Gate is one of the gates leading up to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. This was a particularly popular place for Jewish prayer during the 19th century (Shutterstock).

All the nations You have made will come to bow down before You,
O Hashem, and they will pay honor to Your name

Psalms 86:9 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

kol go-YIM a-SHER a-SEE-ta ya-VO-u v’-yish-ta-kha-VU l’-fa-NE-kha a-do-NAI
vee-kha-b’-DU lish-ME-kha

King Solomon built the Temple in a unique way which allowed all the nations of the world to come and be inspired by the light of Hashem. The tradition teaches that the windows of the Temple were constructed to allow the light from inside to shine outwards symbolizing the divine light emanating from the holy temple.

Forum List

Back