Your Favorite Things About Israel

Triumph in Zion

FEATURED PHOTO: A quiet street in Jerusalem's Old City (Shutterstock).

I am bringing My victory close; It shall not be far, And My triumphshall not be delayed. I will grant triumph in Tzion To Yisrael, in whom I glory
Isaiah 46:13 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

kay-RAV-tee tzid-ka-TEE LO tir-KHAK ut-shu-a-TEE LO t’-a-KHAYR v’-na-ta-TEE
v’-tzi-YON t’-shu-AH l’-yis-ra-AYL tif-ar-TEE

Sephardi woman.

image.jpeg

Ziklag is mentioned multiple times in the Bible in relation to David (in 1 Samuel and 2 Samuel). According to the Biblical narrative, Achish, King of Gat, allowed David to find refuge in Ziklag while fleeing King Saul and from there David also departed to be anointed King in Hebron. According to scripture, Ziklag was also the scene of a dramatic event, in which the Amalekites, desert nomads, raided and burned the town taking women and children captive

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/265654

Sunrise over the Jordan Valley
Photo Credit: Dudi Nesher

"Unto Thee I lift up mine eyes, O Thou that art enthroned in the heavens."
Psalms 123:1

The Soul is Never in Exile

[In his message to the king of Edom, Moses said,] “We will walk along the king’s road, turning neither to the right nor to the left until we have passed through your territory.” Numbers 20:17

Moses’ message to the Edomite king is the same message that our Divine souls must convey to the material world so long as we are still in exile. “True, we Jews are physically the same as all people; we have physical needs that must be met by working and living in the physical world. Nonetheless, we will not let this fact obscure our true purpose in life: to fulfill our Divine mission of elevating and refining physicality. We will walk along our Divine King’s road; we will not deviate from G‑d’s ways, either to the right or to the left!”

By remaining true to both our inner selves and to our Divine mission, we will merit witnessing the ultimate redemption of the world and its transformation into G‑d’s true home.

Chabad.org

Forum List

Back