Your Favorite Things About Israel

image.jpeg

I was there on a Med Cruise with NATO Forces when I was in the Navy back in 78. For the most part, Europe did not like or welcome Americans, especially military.

Except in Isreal. The people of Israel were welcoming, friendly, and generous. I loved the history of the place, but the people of Israel are what was my favorite thing about it.

My favorite thing about Israel is all their endless discoveries, achievements & worldly contributions for better lives.

In the Footsteps of Our Forefathers

FEATURED PHOTO: Mothers walk with their children in a modern neighborhood of Beit El (Shutterstock).
Each year he made the rounds of Beit El, Gilgal, and Mitzpa, and acted as judge over Yisrael at all those places
I Samuel 7:16 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

v’-ha-LAKH mi-DAY sha-NAH b’-sha-NAH v’-sa-VAV bayt AYL v’-ha-gil-GAL
v’-ha-mitz-PAH v’-sha-FAT et yis-ra-AYL AYT kol ha-m’-ko-MOT ha-AY-leh

The 17th of Tammuz

FEATURED PHOTO: Ruins near the south side of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem (Shutterstock).
I greatly rejoice in Hashem, My whole being exults in my God. For He has clothed me with garments of triumph, Wrapped me in a robe of victory, Like a bridegroom adorned with a turban, Like a bride bedecked with her finery
Isaiah 61:10 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

SOS a-SEES ba-do-NAI ta-GAYL naf-SHEE bay-lo-HAI KEE hil-bee-SHA-nee big-day
YE-sha m’-EEL tz’-da-KAH y’-a-TA-nee ke-kha-TAN y’-kha-HAYN p’-AYR v’-kha-ka-LAH ta-DEH khay-LE-ha

Today is the 17th of Tammuz on the Jewish calendar. This day commemorates the breach of the walls of Jerusalem, which occurred on the 17th Tammuz, and begins a three-week mourning period over the fall of Jerusalem which ends on the 9th of Av. The Jewish people observe a number of customs mourning the loss of the Holy Temple. These include not wearing excessive amounts of jewelry, and not listening to live music as a reminder that the complete rebuilding of Jerusalem and the Holy Temple has yet to come.

The people
The history
The traditions
The inspiration
The commitment to serve
The mountains and cities - spectacular!

Overlooking the Dead Sea
Photo Credit: Avichai Shorashan

"As the gazelle pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for You, my God."
Psalms 42:2

Our new Prime Minister on his first visit to Israel back in 1984. Boris is a friend of Israel and a friend to our community.

Mazel tov Boris We wish you all the luck in the world.....the alternative is unthinkable.

(The hair however is something else!)

image.jpeg

Forum List

Back