Your Favorite Things About Israel

May favorite thing about Israel is that it's a half a world away from me. Unfortunately ... half of Israel is stationed in Washington, D.C. and Hollywood.

May favorite thing about Israel is that it's a half a world away from me. Unfortunately ... half of Israel is stationed in Washington, D.C. and Hollywood.
Continue using your part-Israeli iPhone, you big dummy!

1BFA1785-308A-41DE-9799-64EB32A7D6AC.jpeg

Meet Sumaiiah Almheiri, the first Emirati Arab woman to attend university in Israel.

“When I arrived, I saw how beautiful the country is. I saw the diversity of the society. I saw the Arabs and Jews sitting together. It was mind-blowing!”

When Israel’s pro cycling team, Israel Premier Tech, competed for the first time in the Tour du Rwanda a few years ago, they discovered a women’s cycling team in Bugesera, an eastern district lacking any proper cycling infrastructure.

And so, as part of team co-owner and philanthropist Sylvan Adams’ two-year-old Racing For Change initiative, the team recruited support from Israeli donors and more than 1,000 fans worldwide to build the 60-acre Field of Dreams cycling center.

Inaugurated in February, the center features a 1.2-kilometer race track and a pump track designed and constructed by Swiss firm Velosolutions. It’s the first bike center of its kind in Rwanda, and one of the first of its kind on the African continent.

(full article online)

Forum List

Back