1.1 TRILLION DOLLAR OMNIBUS BILL PASSES

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
1.1 TRILLION DOLLAR OMNIBUS BILL PASSES

Paul: Nobody read the $1.1 trillion omnibus bill

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Sunday said he voted against the $1.1 trillion government spending bill that passed Congress last week because nobody had a chance to read the behemoth legislation.

“It was over a trillion dollars, it was all lumped together, 2,242 pages. Nobody read it, so, frankly, my biggest complaint is that I have no idea what kind of things they stuck in the bill,” Paul told host John Catsimatidis on “The Cats Roundtable” on New York’s AM 970.

“I voted against it because I won’t vote for these enormous bills that no one has a chance to read,” he added.

“We were given it yesterday or the day before the bill came forward, and so this is not a way to run government. It’s a part of the reason why government is broke.”

Paul said his Republican colleagues in the House and Senate are as much to blame as Democrats for the legislation.

“Once again this came not at the behest of just the Democrats,” he said. “It came at the behest of right-wing Republicans who want military spending and left-wing Democrats who want welfare spending, and that’s the dirty little secret.

f5921f60678069945c0e2c08e53fe1a5.jpg

The military needs a fleet of Omnibusess to keep us safe !!

DRUDGE: THE LAST FEAST: 6,488 EARMARKS

“In the short time I’ve had to review this massive piece of legislation – I’ve identified approximately 6,488 earmarks totaling nearly $8.3 billion. Here is a small sample:

$277,000 for potato pest management in Wisconsin
$246,000 for bovine tuberculosis in Michigan and Minnesota
$522,000 for cranberry and blueberry disease and breeding in New Jersey
$500,000 for oyster safety in Florida
$349,000 for swine waste management in North Carolina
$413,000 for peanut research in Alabama
$247,000 for virus free wine grapes in Washington
$208,000 beaver management in North Carolina
$94,000 for blackbird management in Louisiana
$165,000 for maple syrup research in Vermont
$235,000 for noxious weed management in Nevada
$100,000 for the Edgar Allen Poe Cottage Visitor’s Center in New York
$300,000 for the Polynesian Voyaging Society in Hawaii
$400,000 for solar parking canopies and plug-in electric stations in Kansas

“Additionally, the bill earmarks $727,000 to compensate ranchers in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan whenever endangered wolves eat their cattle. As my colleagues know, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Gray Wolf program is under intense scrutiny for wasting millions of taxpayer dollars every year to ‘recover’ endangered wolves that are now overpopulating the West and Midwest. My State of Arizona has a similar wolf program but ranchers in my state aren’t getting $727,000 in this bill.

Good...That is the same amount of all "budgets" since 2008.

I am glad it passed.

If it didn't pass then great harm would come to this country...Of course that is waht your party wants.
Riddle Me this Science Guy...........how much do we pay a year on interest on the debt...............Thanks for playing.

I am glad it passed.

If it didn't pass then great harm would come to this country...Of course that is waht your party wants.
Riddle Me this Science Guy...........how much do we pay a year on interest on the debt...............Thanks for playing.

How much of this debt comes from infrastructure, science, r&d and education? About none of it, but that is what you want to gut.

Your wars, tax breaks and your inability to fix our healthcare system has caused this debt.

Learn the subject before getting into a debate. Moron

Yep, the same guy that allowed our country to be attacked and the white house to be burnt to the ground. The constitution says nothing about being against funding infrastructure, science, r&d and education...

You're just like the taliban that wishes America was some third world piss ant country.
So your ok with getting handed 2000 pages of bill right now and must vote on it in the morning.................................................

Who the hell had time to read it...................

I am glad it passed.

How much of this debt comes from infrastructure, science, r&d and education? About none of it, but that is what you want to gut.

Your wars, tax breaks and your inability to fix our healthcare system has caused this debt.

Learn the subject before getting into a debate. Moron
Stop dodging the question................Pony up.

Forum List

Back