1.4 million people have signed a petition to impeach Donald Trump. Does it make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEARLY 1.4 MILLION AMERICANS HAVE SIGNED A PETITION TO IMPEACH DONALD TRUMP
"As of January 20, 2017, President Trump’s refusal to divest from his business interests has placed him in direct violation of the United States Constitution.

The nation is now witnessing a massive corruption of the presidency, far worse than Watergate."

I am curious. What happens when the petition gains millions of signatures? Will impeaching him mean he is no longer President?
There was a petition banning him from the UK but it didn't work despite over a million signatures.

Also, why do so many people want him impeached I think he is doing a good job
Trump Derangement Syndrome is rampant.

"As of January 20, 2017, President Trump’s refusal to divest from his business interests has placed him in direct violation of the United States Constitution.

The nation is now witnessing a massive corruption of the presidency, far worse than Watergate."

I am curious. What happens when the petition gains millions of signatures? Will impeaching him mean he is no longer President?
There was a petition banning him from the UK but it didn't work despite over a million signatures.

No difference. Impeachment is still an up/down vote in the House.

How do you know? The investigation has not been concluded or published?

No. If he is Impeached it goes to a trial in the Senate, where it takes 2/3 majority to convict. Then they could remove him from office.

I don't know. I live here not the UK.

Do I have to have a reason for wanting him impeached?

I support the removal of Donald J Trump from the presidency at noon on January 20th, 2025.

.Hang in there he, will be out of office.

That's not a valid or legal petition, it's just some website somebody put up.

I could start a petition to give dogs and cats citizenship, but nothing would ever come of it, no matter how many people signed it.
If the dogs and cats came from Mexico it would!
Yo quero taco bell

I will vote for him again if the candidate up against him is threatening to my rights in any way whatsoever. I'm quite sure I'm not alone in that line of thought either. Although he is an arrogant jerk who tells lots of tall tales, he is much less harmful in the long run than the democrats.

even though Trump threatened to grab your guns without any due process - a VIOLATION of the Constitution ?

FUK TRUMP

Since when you you lefties care about the gun rights of conservatives?

Are you a closet conservative now?

Not really, Hillary gained more than 2.8 million votes more than Trump, and.... Trump is president, because the US doesn't have democracy.

No. If he is Impeached it goes to a trial in the Senate, where it takes 2/3 majority to convict. Then they could remove him from office.

Because he's not Hillary.

The Kennedy dynasty had business interests that spanned everything from old Joe's support of the Nazi party to Hollywood but nobody was interested in impeaching JFK. Barry Hussein's relationship to a former (unrepentant) domestic terrorist didn't seem to concern the media at the time. The Clintons didn't have a dime until the strange relationship between Hillary's secretary of State appointment and the Clinton Foundation put them into overdrive. President Trump had to take a cut in pay to take the job.

Nothing to see here except 1.4 million Nazis posing as "Americans".

49410043.jpg

What's that % out of 350 million?

Actually, they want him impeached, tried in the Senate, convicted in the Senate, and compelled to resign as a consequence.

They want Trump to resign because a majority of Americans correctly understand that Trump is unfit to be president – he’s doing a dreadful job.

meow

Less than 1/2 of 1% of the country want's Trump impeached, yeah a nothing burger.
Actually the more logical conclusion is that 10s of millions of others do know the petition exists or they think signing it is a waste of time because obviously it is.

agreed

Did you forget to switch alts ya dumbfuck?

Ignored, bye bye bitch.

They can have as many anti-Trump petitions they want, but that doesn't impeach a sitting president. You need sound evidence along with Congress filing for impeachment and even an impeachment doesn't interfere with a president doing his job, at least it didn't with Bill Clinton and Andrew Johnson. After their impeachment proceedings, they just went about business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back