$10.10. A killer for the rich.

This $10.10 minimum-wage for government contract workers isn't going to hurt the businesses. All they will do is just increase the contract amount that they're asking and the Government will accept the contract. Taxpayers get stuck with the increased cost and get it in the end.

This $10.10 minimum-wage for government contract workers isn't going to hurt the businesses. All they will do is just increase the contract amount that they're asking and the Government will accept the contract. Taxpayers get stuck with the increased cost and get it in the end.

Correct. It's called a minimum wage statement written into almost every government contract for decades. The first time I personally saw one was in 1983.

You may think so, but when contract costs are given to workers, each $1.00 increase equates to $1.70 back into the economy.

As a conservative, I'd like to support you but wtf are you saying?

Raising the minimum wage won't affect the rich at all. It will kill off the small business owner and put more money in the control of the huge corporations.

Indiana Pride is a faker troll. I wasn't sure before, but this post settles it without a doubt. Idiot liberals.

$10.10 for federal contracts just means more taxpayer money spent on contracts or less workers for those contracts....either way Obama fucked up.

$10.10 for federal contracts just means more taxpayer money spent on contracts or less workers for those contracts....either way Obama fucked up.

:lol:

Actually, it's all smoke and mirrors. How many government contractors do you think have people doing jobs that pay less than $10.10 an hour? There's probably 50 people in the entire country getting a raise from this. Nothing actually accomplished. But it sure does alot to pander to the base.

Uh the janitors, security guards, lawn keepers, etc working on GOV facilities.

If a military base has a set budget and will have to pay $2-$3 more per hour per worker, then that means less workers for the contract.......good job.

You're just a stupid liberal, this is too much for your inferior brain.

:lol:

Actually, it's all smoke and mirrors. How many government contractors do you think have people doing jobs that pay less than $10.10 an hour? There's probably 50 people in the entire country getting a raise from this. Nothing actually accomplished. But it sure does alot to pander to the base.

Rachel Maddow is doing a segment on how popular the minimum wage is right now.
Check it out on her website.

Where do you libtards think the money is going to come from to pay theses higher wages?

Bunch of fucking dumbasses.

Employers.
Wrong. YOU.

:lol: ;) Fucking unreal, isn't it. Yes, they are that stupid. Only the Government subsidized who make an art form out of manufacturing, distributing, or retailing, at a loss, naming their own salaries and benefit packages, with no regard for Profit and Loss, get away with shit like that, pretty much by conning Voters. ;) It's all they know, how to stick their hands into other unsuspecting peoples pockets, while deluding even themselves, that what they are doing is noble. Injustice compounded on injustice, with the audacity to blame the victims.

The President has it wrong. It should be;

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years.

-Subsidize all business with less than 200 employees the difference (if any) all taxes and fees vs total employee expenses.

I take back what I said before. THJIS is the dumbest post I've seen in a while.

Rachel Maddow is doing a segment on how popular the minimum wage is right now.
Check it out on her website.

Thanks , but no thanks.

Hey, let's give everyone free I-Phones, and bill them to the DNC, I bet that would be popular too. ;) Why not just make gasoline and Electricity free too? Lrt's just lay off half of the DEP in NYC, and give everyone un metered water. :) I bet that idea would catch on pretty quickly too. Something for nothing is usually popular, so are Unicorns and Elves and Faeries. The thing is, eventually, we need to grow up.

We aren't simply discussing the government workers.

:cuckoo:

You may think so, but when contract costs are given to workers, each $1.00 increase equates to $1.70 back into the economy.

:cuckoo:

As a conservative, I'd like to support you but wtf are you saying?

Raising the minimum wage won't affect the rich at all. It will kill off the small business owner and put more money in the control of the huge corporations.

Indiana Pride is a faker troll. I wasn't sure before, but this post settles it without a doubt. Idiot liberals.

And not a very good one at that.

Forum List

Back