$10.10. A killer for the rich.

No, but when they do create jobs, those jobs (for 4o hours of work per week) should be able to reward the worker with a LIVING, and not less than that. 40 hours of work per week is a lot of time sacrificed from someone's free time.

Do you work for a living?

If so, did you negotiate your terms of employment? Like salary, health benefits, vacation, sick leave etc...?

It's not the employers duty to make sure you earn a living wage, that duty falls upon you.

If the terms offered is not up to your standards then stay a Democrat and live off government cheese, But just stop whining.

10-4, BUT :disagree: I say it most certainly IS the employers duty to offer a LIVING WAGE, and of course it's the worker's duty to earn it. And so do the overwhelming majority of the American people.

I'm retired now, but I worked for a living for 50 years, including 12 years owning my own business.

Then you sir are an idiot.

An employer is going to pay the lowest he can for an employee. The people that apply for the opportunity to work will dictate what that wage will be.

What was your business?

Do you work for a living?

If so, did you negotiate your terms of employment? Like salary, health benefits, vacation, sick leave etc...?

It's not the employers duty to make sure you earn a living wage, that duty falls upon you.

If the terms offered is not up to your standards then stay a Democrat and live off government cheese, But just stop whining.

10-4, BUT :disagree: I say it most certainly IS the employers duty to offer a LIVING WAGE, and of course it's the worker's duty to earn it. And so do the overwhelming majority of the American people.

I'm retired now, but I worked for a living for 50 years, including 12 years owning my own business.

Then you sir are an idiot.

An employer is going to pay the lowest he can for an employee. The people that apply for the opportunity to work will dictate what that wage will be.

What was your business?

Yeah, I have a big picture of Protectionist going out shopping for the most expensive shoes he can find.. what a clueless goofball... not even the most basic understanding of simple economics.

Because he knows than Americans don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. As victims of government "education" they do not understand the economic ramifications of such a move.

For 10 years, I owned my own business, and my ex-wife owned another business of her own. For 3 years, I taught this subject (Microeconomics) in 4 colleges of the City University of New York. So I'll be the teacher. You be the student. So now I'm calling on you. What are these alleged "economic ramifications" that you speak of ?

Shut the fuck up , you have been mooching off taxpayers since you were born. You wouldn't know economics if it came up and bit you on the ass.

What ? "Mooching!" HA HA HA. Where (and HOW) did you come up with that latest gem ? :cuckoo: For your pathetic edification, I've been working and paying taxes for 50 years in this country, my boy. You may now bow at the computer.

I've worked in minimum wage jobs, low paying jobs, high paying skilled jobs in machine shops, professional jobs teaching, been in the military 5 years, etc. So shut the fuck up yourself > :ahole-1:

And if you've been reading my posts, you've been getting an education in microeconomics free of charge, airhead.

1% of working americans make minimum wage and most of those are part time teenagers flipping burgers

this is a non-issue.

Well except for the trickle up effect.. the increase of the cost of goods and services.. and the impact of raising unemployment

Don't forget the automatic raises for the Unions. ;) Follow the money. I do have to wonder about the ranks of unemployed Union workers, still having to pay dues though. Again, follow the money.

For 10 years, I owned my own business, and my ex-wife owned another business of her own. For 3 years, I taught this subject (Microeconomics) in 4 colleges of the City University of New York. So I'll be the teacher. You be the student. So now I'm calling on you. What are these alleged "economic ramifications" that you speak of ?

Shut the fuck up , you have been mooching off taxpayers since you were born. You wouldn't know economics if it came up and bit you on the ass.

What ? "Mooching!" HA HA HA. Where (and HOW) did you come up with that latest gem ? :cuckoo: For your pathetic edification, I've been working and paying taxes for 50 years in this country, my boy. You may now bow at the computer.

I've worked in minimum wage jobs, low paying jobs, high paying skilled jobs in machine shops, professional jobs teaching, been in the military 5 years, etc. So shut the fuck up yourself > :ahole-1:

And if you've been reading my posts, you've been getting an education in microeconomics free of charge, airhead.

Voting for welfare demagogues is NOT considered working for minimum wages even though the fuckers BUY your vote.

I disagree. How do you know that person you'll pay MW to doesn't need that money to live on. Entry, middle years, latter years, who cares ? Work is work. You give up 40 hours a week of your life to an employer, he should pay you a living wage for that.
enough of this taking advantage of young people - and there are lots of older people working at minimum wage too. Been in a Target or WalMart lately ?

An amazingly simple concept.
So heavy-handed GOVERNMENT forces it? WHAT is a "living wage"? Hmmm? And whom controls the economy? The market (the PEOPLE going about their lives), or Government? And Is it Government's money in the first place?

The PEOPLE going about their lives ARE the govt. Where do you think we are ? In Syria ?

PS - that should be WHO controls the economy? (not "whom") *** Every teacher is an English teacher.

Last edited:
It's not a matter of "worth". This isn't an algebra equation. It is a TRADE of labor for monetary payment, and should be a FAIR exchange. THAT is what should be the basis of it, not a FREE MARKET. Saying the we should all be slave to a free 100% unregulated market, is like saying we shouldn't take action with the onset of a hurricane, but should instead just let it do it's thing, unrestricted.

You may also note that the extreme view you present is not much held by the American people, who overwhelmingly support raising the minimum wage (which is helpful to business as well as workers)

I believe DoItMyself is right, it is about worth.

It's about what is it worth to you and what is it worth to the company you work for.

Explain what is fair. Which is a very subjective word. IMO

What is fair to you, may not be fair in the eyes of your employer.

I've been explaining what is "FAIR" in about the last 20 posts I've posted here. Are you reading thte thread. FAIR is what it takes in a community for a person to make himself a LIVING (in exchange for 40 hours per week of work). In many places in the US, nowadays, that might be about $20/hour (which would be $130/hour less than what I paid my salespeople)

You were in sales?

Then I think you sir are a straight up liar. And you claim you paid this wage in the 80's?

You say you paid them 150 bucks an hour. 150.00 x 40 x 52 =$312,000

This is from 2011:

10 Companies That Pay Salespeople Really Well

Based on at least 20 salary reports for each company, Glassdoor and Forbes gathered a list of the 10 highest-paying companies (wholesalers and manufacturers of technical and scientific products) for sales representatives–and all of them compensate above the national average. SAP leads the group, as employees there report an average base salary of $110,114 plus $99,431 in commission on sales, for a total of $209,545.

Trailing close behind in the No. 2 spot is IT firm CA Technologies. Sales representatives there say they earn a base salary of $106,542, and an average annual commission of $87,481. In total, they earn $194,023 a year.

Others to make the list include tech giants Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard and IBM. Sales reps at all three of those companies say they earn over $142,000 a year, on average.

Government sure is FREE dictating what people MUST do with money that isn't theirs to begin with.

WHOSE money it is - is debatable. If you worked 40 hours a week, in most places in America, you probably ought to be getting $20/hour. If you're only getting $8/hour, than WHOSE money is that other $12/hour ? (difference between the 8 and the 20)

That is debatable.

An amazingly simple concept.
So heavy-handed GOVERNMENT forces it? WHAT is a "living wage"? Hmmm? And whom controls the economy? The market (the PEOPLE going about their lives), or Government? And Is it Government's money in the first place?
The PEOPLE going about their lives ARE the govt. Where do you think we are ? In Syria ?
Nice attempt...so does that mean that the Government can DO what it pleases even over the objections of business owners when Government's heavy handed tactics cost them and may run them OUT of business? You think the PEOPLE would agree with Government killing the free market and jobs by such tactics? Seems to me Elected Elites for the most part have never HAD a private sector job in the common sense, but seem fit to dictate to the rest of us how we should run our lives and businesses. THEY are out of touch...WE are living the consequences of their handiwork. I don't believe if people understood what the elected were doing and the consequences they produce would agree with you. How's those unemployment numbers due to Government working out? Hardly the PEOPLE, now is it?

PS - that should be WHO controls the economy? (not "whom") *** Every teacher is an English teacher.
Take your grammar policing and shove it up your ASS, son.

It's about what is it worth to you and what is it worth to the company you work for.

I've been explaining what is "FAIR" in about the last 20 posts I've posted here. Are you reading thte thread. FAIR is what it takes in a community for a person to make himself a LIVING (in exchange for 40 hours per week of work). In many places in the US, nowadays, that might be about $20/hour (which would be $130/hour less than what I paid my salespeople)

What the hell is a "living wage"? Does it eat, breath and speak or something?

:lol:

The amount of wages a politician is willing to pay to BUY votes for his political party.

You want a picture drawn, in living color ? It's what it takes to pay for housing, food, clothing, a car, car & home insurance, utilities, furniture, and a few luxuries. Got it ?

And doesn't include drug habits, gambling, or any other such stupidities.

Nice attempt...so does that mean that the Government can DO what it pleases even over the objections of business owners when Government's heavy handed tactics cost them and may run them OUT of business? You think the PEOPLE would agree with Government killing the free market and jobs by such tactics? Seems to me Elected Elites for the most part have never HAD a private sector job in the common sense, but seem fit to dictate to the rest of us how we should run our lives and businesses. THEY are out of touch...WE are living the consequences of their handiwork. I don't believe if people understood what the elected were doing and the consequences they produce would agree with you. How's those unemployment numbers due to Government working out? Hardly the PEOPLE, now is it?

Take your grammar policing and shove it up your ASS, son.

HA HA. YOU'RE WELCOME, boy.

Government sure is FREE dictating what people MUST do with money that isn't theirs to begin with.

WHOSE money it is - is debatable. If you worked 40 hours a week, in most places in America, you probably ought to be getting $20/hour. If you're only getting $8/hour, than WHOSE money is that other $12/hour ? (difference between the 8 and the 20)

That is debatable.
Not it isn't debatable. It belongs to the PEOPLE...period. Not into property rights of the individual, are you?

Cease with the grammar police shit son.

You were in sales?

Then I think you sir are a straight up liar. And you claim you paid this wage in the 80's?

You say you paid them 150 bucks an hour. 150.00 x 40 x 52 =$312,000

This is from 2011:

10 Companies That Pay Salespeople Really Well

Based on at least 20 salary reports for each company, Glassdoor and Forbes gathered a list of the 10 highest-paying companies (wholesalers and manufacturers of technical and scientific products) for sales representatives–and all of them compensate above the national average. SAP leads the group, as employees there report an average base salary of $110,114 plus $99,431 in commission on sales, for a total of $209,545.

Trailing close behind in the No. 2 spot is IT firm CA Technologies. Sales representatives there say they earn a base salary of $106,542, and an average annual commission of $87,481. In total, they earn $194,023 a year.

Others to make the list include tech giants Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard and IBM. Sales reps at all three of those companies say they earn over $142,000 a year, on average.

So what does all this have to do with me ? What do I care about this 2011 report ?
In fact, my $150/hour was in 1980s dollars. So brought up to 2011 speed, that means I actually paid them $313.58 per hour, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics inflation calculator :razz: >>> Inflation Calculator: Bureau of Labor Statistics

You want a picture drawn, in living color ? It's what it takes to pay for housing, food, clothing, a car, car & home insurance, utilities, furniture, and a few luxuries. Got it ?

And doesn't include drug habits, gambling, or any other such stupidities.

Do you know what it takes to EARN enough money to pay for housing, food, clothing, a car, car & home insurance, utilities, furniture, and a few luxuries?!?!?

That is debatable.
Not it isn't debatable. It belongs to the PEOPLE...period. Not into property rights of the individual, are you?

Cease with the grammar police shit son.

It belongs to the PEOPLE who work for it, at a FAIR rate. What that fair rate is, just happens to be debatable. And they're debating it in the halls of Congress right now, as we type.

Forum List

Back