10:30 EST Today the curtain will be open

emptystep

VIP Member
Jul 17, 2012
The House Budget Committee will take up the Ryan budget starting 10:30 EST today. If you think we have a one party system, if you think that the Republicans have some underlying theme to helping this country, catch some of the budget debate today on C-SPAN 3, available House Budget Committee Considers Rep. Ryan's 2014 Proposal | C-SPAN

This will likely take all day. Stop in when you can and catch 15 minutes of this. If you say your Republican and get your food prechewed from Fox come on in and get some enlightenment.

Wonder when we can get a gander at the Dem budget??

Oh wait. I forgot. They don't have one. Hell. They haven't had one for, what ,five years

Silly me.

Oh wait. I forgot. They don't have one. Hell. They haven't had one for, what ,five years

Silly me.

I linked to it in another topic yesterday.

I guess you are one of those ones who gets their information pre-chewed.

If I hear one more story about America's sitting around the kitchen table I am going to throw my entire bowl of popcorn at the TV, and it's the extra butter kind.

The homely touch of the 'American family' is that two people working together. The majority trying to run over the minority is not a very happy relationship and perhaps they should find a different metaphor. How about, " I lost my job. I went home and beat my wife for buying groceries."

you have to fool the regular Joe into buying giving all the perks to the weathy somehow

Silly me.

Could you link that again. This is the first dem budget in over four years. They're a bit of a rarity.

Silly me.

Well by golly your right. The Dems do have a budget set for release today. My bad.

Only battleground, not common ground, in budget wars

Almost forgot, after four years without one, that they could actually present one.

Last edited:
why waste time doing things that the right will just make impossible to vote on?

your right wing obstruction is reality wether you like reality or not

Staff walkthrough! Let's see how this gets explained. Let's see if Republicans have a single question.

Silly me.

Well by golly your right. The Dems do have a budget set for release today. My bad.

Almost forgot, after four years without one, that they could actually present one.

The dems have proposed numerous budgets, but the GOP trash constantly shoot them down because they hate things like "paying down the deficit" and "balanced budgets"

Isn't Smythe suppose to be independent? He sure seems to justify the numbers by dodging the question.

So it's Smythe's budget, as in he, under these conditions, he 'technically wrote it' under this situation? To he is no where near impartial.

Still have the Department of Transportation slashed. I am having flash backs. This is the exact same budget!

They really cut the heck out of staff walkthrough. That was not exactly 'fair'. Recess until 3:30.

The dems have proposed numerous budgets, but the GOP trash constantly shoot them down because they hate things like "paying down the deficit" and "balanced budgets"

No, they have not.

"The first budget from Senate Democrats in four years includes nearly $1 trillion in new taxes but would not balance the budget."

Senate Democrats? budget includes nearly $1 trillion in new taxes - The Hill's On The Money

No, they have not.

"The first budget from Senate Democrats in four years includes nearly $1 trillion in new taxes but would not balance the budget."

Senate Democrats? budget includes nearly $1 trillion in new taxes - The Hill's On The Money

Closing loopholes that are being abused non-stop by greedy corporations and the rich to pay nothing in taxes isn't raising taxes.

The democratic plan cuts it's straight down the middle as usual. Half cuts, half new revenues. If the GOP shoots it down, it will again prove they don't give a damn about fiscal responsibility, and only about kissing the shoes of their corporate masters.

No, they have not.

Closing loopholes that are being abused non-stop by greedy corporations and the rich to pay nothing in taxes isn't raising taxes.

The democratic plan cuts it's straight down the middle as usual. Half cuts, half new revenues. If the GOP shoots it down, it will again prove they don't give a damn about fiscal responsibility, and only about kissing the shoes of their corporate masters.

The dem plan doesn't reduce the deficit even with increased taxes. But that's what's to be expected by the dems. O already got his tax increases but yet he still sings the same old tired song of let's soak the rich, divide, and so on.

Silly me.

You obviously don't know anything about the budget process. Hint: the President submits the budget to Congress each year.

Dang, have to catch up the first half hour later. I have seen this one before though. I turned it on and there was the, "that will have to be worked out in the ways and means committee" Translation: "We have cut all the money for that and I won't directly admit that."

Now this is just fucking unreal. They won't answer a straight forward question. Since Smythe and Ryan does not know how much revenue is lost by dropping the top rate from 35% to 25% last year it was 5..2 trillion. I assume it would be about the same this year. Smythe has a shorter memory than I do.

This is so bad they won't even try to justify the budget, they just won't answer the question.

Forum List

Back