10 reasons why so many people are moving to Texas

Wait until all those Californians that are moving in start demanding the quality of life issues they left behind.

In the smaller towns, hamlets, and villages, such demands will run smack into the local families who control the folks through poverty and intimidation.

I remember seeing SHARE CROPPERS as still a viable way of doing business. :eek:

I still know big land owners in San Augustine and Nacogdoches counties who would get away with it if they could do so.

I lived in Texas several times in my life. I visited Victoria during the annual Victoria Days event, and watched them select, "Miss Vacant Lot" in 1979. I attended that cow pie throwing contest, but did not get a good seat because my view was blocked by the sign reading, "Licking your fingers after cow pie throwing is prohibited". The annual dominos tournament in Waco was thrilling! Watching drunk, nude college students fload down the Guadalupe river in the Spring was inspiring! One has not lived until they have been to a bar on saturday night where the band plays behind chicken wire. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that I am still waiting for the state to become civilized before I move there again.

How about you just stay where you are..that way everyone's happy.

Wait until all those Californians that are moving in start demanding the quality of life issues they left behind.

In the smaller towns, hamlets, and villages, such demands will run smack into the local families who control the folks through poverty and intimidation.

I remember seeing SHARE CROPPERS as still a viable way of doing business. :eek:

Oh really....? Do tell.
This should be good....

Texas is a great place to visit but when given the opportunity to move there (promotion), we declined.
The reason was the education system, which is less than stellar. At the time both my daughters were in grade school and after researching the education system,we decided to stay put in a state that ranked in the top five nationally. Both of our daughters went on to college and both graduated with honors and have done very well for themselves thanks to a good education.
That said, I have friends of mine that winter in Texas's "Hill Country" and they enjoy living there part-time.

Any of you who have children in school and are thinking of moving to Texas, think carefully.

No shit.

They already are. Most of them had something resembling an orgasm when In N' Out burger opened their first outlet here.

Whataburger is fine with we native Texans.

Whatever their reasons, they need to pack their asses back to wherever it is they came from.

Good response!

Texas used to be a nice place, full of real people. But then, the latte drinkin', flannel wearin', sneaker clad nitwits from the right and left coast's flooded in and ruined the place.

I'm movin' to Oklahoma just as soon as I can find a place which suits me.

Whatever their reasons, they need to pack their asses back to wherever it is they came from.

Good response!

Texas used to be a nice place, full of real people. But then, the latte drinkin', flannel wearin', sneaker clad nitwits from the right and left coast's flooded in and ruined the place.

I'm movin' to Oklahoma just as soon as I can find a place which suits me.

IF I hear Boomer Sooner one time I'll shoot something !

I lived in Texas several times in my life. I visited Victoria during the annual Victoria Days event, and watched them select, "Miss Vacant Lot" in 1979. I attended that cow pie throwing contest, but did not get a good seat because my view was blocked by the sign reading, "Licking your fingers after cow pie throwing is prohibited". The annual dominos tournament in Waco was thrilling! Watching drunk, nude college students fload down the Guadalupe river in the Spring was inspiring! One has not lived until they have been to a bar on saturday night where the band plays behind chicken wire. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that I am still waiting for the state to become civilized before I move there again.

Was this you at the civilized San Francisco Pride Parade?

$vandal.JPG

Texas is a great place to visit but when given the opportunity to move there (promotion), we declined.
The reason was the education system, which is less than stellar. At the time both my daughters were in grade school and after researching the education system,we decided to stay put in a state that ranked in the top five nationally. Both of our daughters went on to college and both graduated with honors and have done very well for themselves thanks to a good education.
That said, I have friends of mine that winter in Texas's "Hill Country" and they enjoy living there part-time.

Any of you who have children in school and are thinking of moving to Texas, think carefully.

Best High Schools Rankings | Top High Schools | US News

You Texas hating libs might find this to be an interesting read.
http://www.rlc8.dcccd.edu/tlblog/?p=1834

Last edited:

Forum List

Back