10 reasons why so many people are moving to Texas

I lived in McAllen, Dallas, Garland, Carrolton, Houston and Plano.

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to live in the one place in Texas that is appealing...Austin. However, from what I can tell, it is probably too late to move there. I think that it is turning into another Houston.

Wait until all those Californians that are moving in start demanding the quality of life issues they left behind.

They already are. Most of them had something resembling an orgasm when In N' Out burger opened their first outlet here.

Whataburger is fine with we native Texans.

Wasn't impressed with Whataburger.

The only good Whataburger joints are in the small towns.
If you tried one in Dallas,Houston or San Antone I wouldnt be surprised if it sucked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh really....? Do tell.
This should be good....
Back roads between Kingsville and Corpus.....cotton, cotton, cotton, cotton......and share cropper shacks.

I knew this would be good.
Links and photos please.

Good lords...that was when I was stationed in Kingsville then Corpus in the late 70s. Get a grip....besides there was nothing out there TO take a picture of.......flat...cotton...flat...cotton....sharecropper shack...flat...cotton...cotton gin....flat...cotton...cotton....flat....sharecropper shack...flat...cotton...for about 40 miles.

They already are. Most of them had something resembling an orgasm when In N' Out burger opened their first outlet here.

Whataburger is fine with we native Texans.

Wasn't impressed with Whataburger.

The only good Whataburger joints are in the small towns.
If you tried one in Dallas,Houston or San Antone I wouldnt be surprised if it sucked.

It was in south Dallas off I-20 some where around I-45.

Back roads between Kingsville and Corpus.....cotton, cotton, cotton, cotton......and share cropper shacks.

Links and photos please.

Good lords...that was when I was stationed in Kingsville then Corpus in the late 70s. Get a grip....besides there was nothing out there TO take a picture of.......flat...cotton...flat...cotton....sharecropper shack...flat...cotton...cotton gin....flat...cotton...cotton....flat....sharecropper shack...flat...cotton...for about 40 miles.

In the 70's? Lies by omission are still lies.
And I can promise you this. If anyone lived in those shacks it was by choice.

Links and photos please.

Well, no one will accept your promise after that statement.

Whatever their reasons, they need to pack their asses back to wherever it is they came from.

Texas is a great place to visit but when given the opportunity to move there (promotion), we declined.
The reason was the education system, which is less than stellar. At the time both my daughters were in grade school and after researching the education system,we decided to stay put in a state that ranked in the top five nationally. Both of our daughters went on to college and both graduated with honors and have done very well for themselves thanks to a good education.
That said, I have friends of mine that winter in Texas's "Hill Country" and they enjoy living there part-time.

Any of you who have children in school and are thinking of moving to Texas, think carefully.

Best High Schools Rankings | Top High Schools | US News

You Texas hating libs might find this to be an interesting read.
How Bad are Texas Public Schools? | Teaching and Learning Blog

Check the sources, which are connected to the national standards testing fiasco.

No, I would put my children into private school in most of Texas now.

Whatever their reasons, they need to pack their asses back to wherever it is they came from.

Any of you who have children in school and are thinking of moving to Texas, think carefully.

Best High Schools Rankings | Top High Schools | US News

You Texas hating libs might find this to be an interesting read.
How Bad are Texas Public Schools? | Teaching and Learning Blog

Check the sources, which are connected to the national standards testing fiasco.

No, I would put my children into private school in most of Texas now.

That can be said about the entire country.

Well, no one will accept your promise after that statement.

So you're saying they were slaves? :cuckoo:

Do you know what share cropping was, bub? It is economic slavery, where the share cropper gets into so much lien debt he can't legally leave.

Hey quit posting these things on the forum, we don't want anyone else moving to Austin! I should delete this thread :rofl: :rofl:

No but seriously Austin sucks, worst place on earth to live. I hear Dallas and Houston are much better. Yes, anyone thinking of moving to Texas definitely check out Dallas or Houston. Stay away from Austin it's a dump with no culture

:eusa_whistle:

So CK loves Austin. Hmmmm.
Nooooo....it's terrible and a hell hole. Don't even bother coming to visit, you will have a terrible time. If I could move I'd be gone in a flash, but I can't because, well because I can't. Yeah I can't, it's impossible. I have a car and stuff, long story

Forum List

Back