$100K-Plus Earners Pay 72% of Federal Income Taxes

True....

But That was not the point of the OP.

The silliness of "pay their fair share" was the point.

Still having trouble engaging in an honest debate I see.

OK, then lets look at the "fair share"

U.S._Distribution_of_Wealth,_2007.jpg

What is the "fair share" of taxes that those 40% of Americans who control 2 TENTHS of a percent of the wealth should pay?

It's not a WEALTH TAX- it's income tax. Pick a meme and go with it bub, you can't have it both ways.....

No shit Sherlock....

Can't touch that wealth, it is off the table. That is why the wealthy minimize what they actually claim as income and funnel compensation to capital gains

That 40% who own 0.2% of our wealth have no such luxury

It is an "income" tax

Those who have the most "income" pay the most tax

True....

But That was not the point of the OP.

The silliness of "pay their fair share" was the point.

Still having trouble engaging in an honest debate I see.

What is the "fair share" of taxes that those 40% of Americans who control 2 TENTHS of a percent of the wealth should pay?

Why are you using a distribution of wealth chart to make a point about the income tax? Do you not understand the difference?

The question at the time was determining a "fair share"

Get it?

When have you ever paid for someone elses milk at the grocery store?

Every time an EBT card gets used. Why so dimwitted?

Oh...I get it now

Did you pay for the Iraq war also? I would hate to tell you but poor people did not pay their "fair share" of that bill either.....only their sons and daughters

Sorry but we dont have the draft anymore. And yes my taxes paid for the Iraq war.
To a much greater extent then yours did I'm sure. Thats assuming you pay taxes at all.

It wasn't a question - it was an observational opinion. Just as your was.

We can both speculate - I happen to think my outcome is much more likely. You think your outcome is more likely. I hope we never find out.

Huh?

Where do you live?

Here in America, when a product shows a dramatic increase in demand but a shortage in supply, people start businesses to increase the supply and meet that demand.

Mine is not speculation based on theory..it is speculation based on history.

So I have to ask.....

1) What is yours based on?

2) What makes yours more likely?

You haven't seen the whole history.

Diamonds are not scarce - yet they are incredibly expensive.
The "supply - demand drives everything argument" often breaks down.

If the supply doesn't increase with the demand, prices increase. Basic common sense tells you that.

It's not a WEALTH TAX- it's income tax. Pick a meme and go with it bub, you can't have it both ways.....

No shit Sherlock....

Can't touch that wealth, it is off the table. That is why the wealthy minimize what they actually claim as income and funnel compensation to capital gains

You should quit and avoid further embarrassment.

Every time an EBT card gets used. Why so dimwitted?

Oh...I get it now

Did you pay for the Iraq war also? I would hate to tell you but poor people did not pay their "fair share" of that bill either.....only their sons and daughters

Sorry but we dont have the draft anymore. And yes my taxes paid for the Iraq war.
To a much greater extent then yours did I'm sure. Thats assuming you pay taxes at all.

Just got done actually...sent in a sizeable check

Huh?

Where do you live?

Here in America, when a product shows a dramatic increase in demand but a shortage in supply, people start businesses to increase the supply and meet that demand.

So I have to ask.....

If the supply doesn't increase with the demand, prices increase. Basic common sense tells you that.

OK, then explain why diamonds are so expensive?

No shit Sherlock....

Now you're catching on. I'll stash every dime I can when taxes become punitive.
Then I'll wait for a conservative to get into office and drops the capital gains tax to a reasonable level before cashing in on any of it.
I will do everything in my power to make sure you lazy fucks get as little as possible from me.
Now,please explain to me how that helps the economy?

It is an "income" tax

Why are you using a distribution of wealth chart to make a point about the income tax? Do you not understand the difference?

Get it?

are you proposing a wealth tax in addition to the income tax? Great idea--------then watch all the wealth in the USA move to Switzerland, the Caymans, or Monte Carlo.

you cannot possibly be as stupid as you appear, is it just the daily talking points you are paid to post, or are you really an idiot?

Because DeBeers have controlled the supply for the last 100 years or so...

De Beers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No shit Sherlock....

Actually there are quite a few people in the bottom 40% of the wealth distribution that pay most or all of their taxes through capital gains. Most seniors with investment income are not rich but they draw an income from their nest eggs.

It's not a "luxury," it's a growth strategy geared towards incentivizing investment instead of hoarding. The success of this strategy is up for debate, but not the motivation behind it.

The cost of extracting them has increased. It's no different than the price of groceries going up because of fuel prices increasing.

It is an "income" tax

Get it?

Yes. Why tax income if you're trying to redistribute wealth? Why not push for a consumption tax? Regardless of the income, those who have a lot spend a lot.

It wasn't a question - it was an observational opinion. Just as your was.

We can both speculate - I happen to think my outcome is much more likely. You think your outcome is more likely. I hope we never find out.

Huh?

Where do you live?

So I have to ask.....

Actually.. they are quite scarce in terms of component of the soil or rock.. the amount of investment into the mining is high...

By your logic, gold is not scarce because there is ton after ton of it... but when you take into consideration the vast quantity of other elements in various other states in comparison, you then understand why it is considered scarce

The cost of extracting them has increased. It's no different than the price of groceries going up because of fuel prices increasing.

LOL - the cost of picking them up off the ground has increased???

You need to do your research.

Oh...I get it now

Just got done actually...sent in a sizeable check

I guess "sizable" is a relative term in this case.

well, the rich are winning the class war.

I think they always do - eventually.

Back when we had unions and a highly progressive income tax, the middle class paid more as a percentage, yet taxes/gnp was not a lot different.

Historical Source of Revenue as Share of GDP

That's the part the lefties never understand. The percentage of total taxes paid skews towards the top when marginal rates are lowered.

LOL - the cost of picking them up off the ground has increased???

You need to do your research.

Perhaps you should research into where diamonds are mined from in larger quantities.. you don't just go picking them up off the ground on a regular basis

jeez

I think they always do - eventually.

Back when we had unions and a highly progressive income tax, the middle class paid more as a percentage, yet taxes/gnp was not a lot different.

Historical Source of Revenue as Share of GDP

That's the part the lefties never understand. The percentage of total taxes paid skews towards the top when marginal rates are lowered.

they also do not understand that when tax rates were higher there were lots of deductions and exemptions, no one ever paid the max tax rates.

the idiots on the left do not understand that tax rates are applied to TAXABLE income after deductions and exemptions. No one ever paid 95% income tax rates. Do the idiots on the left really believe that a guy making 1 million paid 950K in income taxes?

Forum List

Back