$100K-Plus Earners Pay 72% of Federal Income Taxes

It is an "income" tax

Those who have the most "income" pay the most tax

And funny how that happens even with a flat tax....

Nobody is saying that if you earn more, your total tax bill should be less.. but the RATE should be identical to everyone else's on each and every dollar...

Funny how people don't care how government spends, hands shit out, or anything else, when they do not have a stake in the game

RW does not care about hand outs, he gets one in a form of his "job."

True....

But That was not the point of the OP.

The silliness of "pay their fair share" was the point.

Still having trouble engaging in an honest debate I see.

OK, then lets look at the "fair share"

U.S._Distribution_of_Wealth,_2007.jpg

What is the "fair share" of taxes that those 40% of Americans who control 2 TENTHS of a percent of the wealth should pay?

Where are those making $100k or more on this chart?

I don't know about you....

But my version of "fair" would be looking to increase the burden on those with 36.8% of the wealth, not those with 0.2% of the wealth

Maybe it is just me

OK, then lets look at the "fair share"

U.S._Distribution_of_Wealth,_2007.jpg

What is the "fair share" of taxes that those 40% of Americans who control 2 TENTHS of a percent of the wealth should pay?

But my version of "fair" would be looking to increase the burden on those with 36.8% of the wealth, not those with 0.2% of the wealth

Maybe it is just me

Nice dodge of the question. any how about we reduce the burden on everyone by reducing the size of the federal government?

Damn RW why did you have to kill his thread in the first post? Why are you so mean?

Both of you are flaming retards. Read the OP before you defend defend defend.

For the record, RW rips off the nation with a useless job... Don't believe me, look at my sig. That's the guy your helpin out here.

See but this is about this thread and not about RW personally Saul Alinsky

Again, you didn't read the OP, you know, the thing that makes the thread... And then you defended a guy that is a low life who also didn't read of comprehend the OP.

Yup. And we all know the poor deserve that free ride they get just because they are poor.

Maybe it is just me

Nice dodge of the question. any how about we reduce the burden on everyone by reducing the size of the federal government?

WHOA WHOA WHOA there buddy... That might mean the Feds have to cut wasteful spending on people like.... well people like RW, if you read my sig~

What was Mitt Romney's effective tax rate? About 16% if memory serves.

Makes it pretty silly to argue that the rich are over taxed.

But I think everyone - even street corner beggars - should pay SOMETHING. Even if it's $2.
That gives them ownership and a greater interest in where our tax dollars go.

The idea that the government has this endless fountain of money has got to stop.

Both of you are flaming retards. Read the OP before you defend defend defend.

For the record, RW rips off the nation with a useless job... Don't believe me, look at my sig. That's the guy your helpin out here.

Again, you didn't read the OP, you know, the thing that makes the thread... And then you defended a guy that is a low life who also didn't read of comprehend the OP.

Is there an echo in here or do you really have nothing else?

Conservative view of "Equality"

tumblr_mfcrlfCRDG1qzrhx3o1_500.png

Wow, liberals help children....... Shocking "liberalism for dummies" pic you used there. What's surprising is that you didn't make the adult white old and male and the child a mix of Black and Latino. Ooooh crap, I feel a picture edit being done in Photoshop.

Is there an echo in here or do you really have nothing else?

Hey man, your the one that voted for a war hungry rich guy that keeps bailing out the rich while the poor and middle class get more poor.

It is an "income" tax

Nobody is saying that if you earn more, your total tax bill should be less.. but the RATE should be identical to everyone else's on each and every dollar...

Funny how people don't care how government spends, hands shit out, or anything else, when they do not have a stake in the game

There is no way that a flat tax does not cut taxes on the wealthy and increase taxes on the poor

That is what you call "Fair"

Funny how you were not worried about 'FAIR' when a growing number were excluded from income taxes to begin with

The example shown every time, for the likes of you.. is at the grocery store, you have no charge for your milk while the guy behind you gets charged for both you and him... and when the CORRECTION is finally made, you complain about it being unfair that you get a raise in price for the good, and that the other guy is getting a cut

But I think everyone - even street corner beggars - should pay SOMETHING. Even if it's $2.

The idea that the government has this endless fountain of money has got to stop.

16% more on every dollar than a very large number of adult citizens

And with those vastly differing income tax laws thanks to determining certain dollars to be different than others, allowing exemptions and exceptions, etc, we have the very problems we see today....

The tax code should never have been allowed to be a pandering system

It is an "income" tax

There is no way that a flat tax does not cut taxes on the wealthy and increase taxes on the poor

I don't favor a flat tax for that very reason. I believe everyone - and I mean everyone - should pay something. But taking 10% from a single parent who makes $31,000 a year cuts way deeper than taking 20% from someone who makes $400,000 a year.

It just makes no sense to take 10% from EVERYONE.

Last edited:

16% more on every dollar than a very large number of adult citizens

And with those vastly differing income tax laws thanks to determining certain dollars to be different than others, allowing exemptions and exceptions, etc, we have the very problems we see today....

The tax code should never have been allowed to be a pandering system

Yup. Taxes should be the same for everyone, no deductions.

I don't favor a flat tax for that very reason. I believe everyone - and I mean everyone - should pay something. But taking 10% from a single parent who makes $31,000 a year cuts way deeper than taking 20% from someone who makes $400,000 a year.

It just makes no sense to take 10% from EVERYONE.

Then don't be a single parent.... You know, have some accountability. The problem is it's easy to be poor, or a single parent. You would claim it's not, but reality is if you took away all the assistance then you would quickly see just how fucking hard it is. Then and only then would people make better decisions as a whole.

It has worked this was since the beginning of time, for all animals, including humans.

Funny how you were not worried about 'FAIR' when a growing number were excluded from income taxes to begin with

The example shown every time, for the likes of you.. is at the grocery store, you have no charge for your milk while the guy behind you gets charged for both you and him... and when the CORRECTION is finally made, you complain about it being unfair that you get a raise in price for the good, and that the other guy is getting a cut

When have you ever paid for someone elses milk at the grocery store?

Forum List

Back