11 Democrat states have formed a pact to sabotage the Electoral College

Connecticut To Give Its Electoral College Votes To National Popular Vote Victor

Connecticut voted to give its Electoral College Votes to the national popular vote victor. The state Senate voted 21-14 on Saturday to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, which includes 10 states and the District of Columbia. The state House passed the measure last week, 77 to 73. California, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington and the District of Columbia have already signed the accord.

This might give the Corrupt Democratic Party permanent control.
With permanent control the Corrupt Democrats will be able ignore the laws and the constitution and nobody could stop them. What do you think will happen to America if the Democrats are undefeatable?

The electoral college should be sabotaged. It allows the minority to rule and gives us presidents like Trump and Bush.

And Clinton and others too. The electoral college process has already been explained. It is to give as much clout to small states as big ones. Otherwise, only bigger states will be deciding elections and smaller states would have no say at all. This is not difficult to understand.

Bigger states should decide elections, you totalitarian moron.

Why? We are not a fucking democracy

EVERY state, no matter how big or small, is entitled to equal representation within the federal government, hence the electoral college.

The electoral college doesn't give equal representation. It gives more voting power to smaller states, and it weakens the voting power of larger states. That is undemocratic.

Of course it undemocratic, because we are not a democracy..

4cc.jpg

Connecticut voted to give its Electoral College Votes to the national popular vote victor. The state Senate voted 21-14 on Saturday to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, which includes 10 states and the District of Columbia. The state House passed the measure last week, 77 to 73. California, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington and the District of Columbia have already signed the accord.

With permanent control the Corrupt Democrats will be able ignore the laws and the constitution and nobody could stop them. What do you think will happen to America if the Democrats are undefeatable?
If this keeps up, Trump will have no path to defeat Hillary.
Don't worry, I'm sure Vladimir will be there to assist again.
I hope so. He might be our last hope.

I never thought I would ever read or hear an American citizen ever say those words.

Wow.

You people keep disgusting me everyday.

Turns out after all these decades of calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a commie in a lame attempt to silence them, it's you republicans who turn out to be the real commies.

Sarcasm flies fright over your head, simpleton.

How do you know that was sarcasm?

You didn't write it.

Do you have some sort of ability to read the mind of the poster typed it?

You can insult me all you want. Insults are the last resort of a person who doesn't have anything of substance to contribute.

Last edited:

If this keeps up, Trump will have no path to defeat Hillary.
Don't worry, I'm sure Vladimir will be there to assist again.
I hope so. He might be our last hope.

I never thought I would ever read or hear an American citizen ever say those words.

Wow.

You people keep disgusting me everyday.

Turns out after all these decades of calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a commie in a lame attempt to silence them, it's you republicans who turn out to be the real commies.
Scary shit ain't it.

Yes it is.

who won the state's popular vote in the last election? Clinton.

who won the nation's popular vote? Clinton

so exactly how does this new measure really change that?

I suggest you review the structure of our government...especially the bit about being a Federal Republic made up of STATES. The design is expressly to prevent the mob majority bully rule into which pure "democracy" always descends.

Would having the president be elected by the national popular vote suddenly turn the country into a pure democracy?
Rent a Mob...

there would be no law... mob rules..

So it is only the way the president is elected that keeps us from mob rule? Really? How Congresspeople are elected doesn't matter, how judges get into office is unimportant, how laws are passed, how amendments are added.....the electoral system is the only thing standing between a representative form of government and mob rule? :p
The US Constitution and its approved amendments are LAW. Any effort to subvert that law is TREASON.

There is a reason each of our states have representatives for each designated region and those representatives are who is entrusted in the legislation of laws.. The whole US is built on the same footings as our electoral college for the president.

I see you failed basic civics...

You didn't actually answer the question. How would the president being elected by popular vote turn the US into a country run by mob rule, or a pure democracy? It would not change the powers or responsibilities of any member of government; it would merely change the method by which the President is elected. It would only barely change that, as the vast majority of presidents have been elected after winning the national popular vote, anyway.

And to be clear, the Constitution says that the states are to appoint electors in the manner their legislatures see fit. How do they "subvert [the] law" by deciding on a different way to appoint electors, when the Constitution gives them the ability to choose?

But please, do go on about my lack of understanding of civics. ;)

There is nothing in the Constitution against it
That can be said for millions of things.

There is no such thing as a national popular vote.

Of course there is

If a state decides to use that as their basis for awarding electoral votes, it is their business
Wrong:

As state CAN NOT GIVE UP REPRESENTING ITS CONSTITUENCY. This is like telling your constituents that you don't give a fuck what they want your going to tell them where their votes are going to go.. Talk about disenfranchising your own for the good of the democrap party..

How long before those in power are boiled in oil and feathered.??

As I look at the law, they have no power to give a states votes to the popular vote without constitutional convention to change the process..

Electors do not always cast their votes for the person who won their state's election. Have you not heard of faithless electors?

I think you may be operating under some false assumptions about the way presidential elections and the Electoral College work.

Ummmm news flash for those who skipped all their high school civics classes ---- the individual states all decide how their electors will be selected. They're not bound by any vote at all. The entire 'voting' charade is bread and circus.

Who says so? The Constitution. Prove me wrong.

Article II, Section l of the U.S. Constitution proves you're right.
The state must represent their constituency. They can proportionality distribute their college votes by the populace within their state or they can give them all to the winner of the popular vote WITHIN THEIR STATE, but they can not give their votes away due to voting in other states.. This violates FEC rules..

And if i was a voter in one of those states they would find themselves in court defending that disenfranchisement of my right to vote.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. If Trump wins 60% of the popular vote in state XYZ, that state cannot say that Hillary won the national popular vote (which is a meaningless, non-binding statistic only with no legal value), by 2%, so they are giving Trump's 60% state win over to Hillary. That violates every election law in the books.

For the Dems to even suggest such a thing is the hare-brained fascist power-grab to end all hare-brained fascist power grabs and will be challenged and defeated in the Supreme Court.

The states involved would be changing their laws regarding how they seat electors. In that case, what law would be violated, specifically?

A majority of Americans support gay marriage
Welcome to the 21st century

They didn't though. The gay marriage prop was voted out by the people and put into place by activist judges. Lol.
Get with the times

That vote was eight years before states started to grant gay marriages and people saw the world didn’t end

Nobody but social conservatives cares anymore

Because the supreme court overruled the people's vote .. again we are not a democracy

The Supreme Court followed the Constitution

A no brainer

And that's why their is no such thing as one vote , one person ..

We are not a democracy

No shit Sherlock

The EC demonstrates that

They didn't though. The gay marriage prop was voted out by the people and put into place by activist judges. Lol.
Get with the times

That vote was eight years before states started to grant gay marriages and people saw the world didn’t end

Nobody but social conservatives cares anymore

Because the supreme court overruled the people's vote .. again we are not a democracy

The Supreme Court followed the Constitution

A no brainer

And that's why their is no such thing as one vote , one person ..

We are not a democracy

No shit Sherlock

The EC demonstrates that

About time you admit it.

So if Michigan and Pennsylvania decide to allocate their EC based on the popular vote nationwide, Trump does not get elected

Works for me

The electoral college should be sabotaged. It allows the minority to rule and gives us presidents like Trump and Bush.

And Clinton and others too. The electoral college process has already been explained. It is to give as much clout to small states as big ones. Otherwise, only bigger states will be deciding elections and smaller states would have no say at all. This is not difficult to understand.

Bigger states should decide elections, you totalitarian moron.

Nope.

Here's a challenge:

Make a logical, argument for why we should use the electoral college without mentioning "democrats".

That is what the Constitution dictates. End of story.

That is not an answer to my question.

Yes, It is. Don't like it, change it!

:lol:

No, it's really not. But I'm not surprised that my question flew over your head.

What will happen?

Ever visit Detroit?

Here's a challenge:

Make a logical, argument for why we should use the electoral college without mentioning "democrats".

No, it's really not. But I'm not surprised that my question flew over your head.

It flew straight into the ground.

You have a serious problem that you need to address. I hate to to tell you again, but you have a serious reading disability. You simply cannot process the written language.

Did you sustain any significant head injury as a child or adult?

You asked a question. It was answered. Because you don't like the answer, you claim that the questions was not answered.

There are two possibilities here: The first is like I said, that you have a learning disability. The second is that you are simply a dumbass.

Here's a challenge:

You have a serious problem that you need to address. I hate to to tell you again, but you have a serious reading disability. You simply cannot process the written language.

You asked a question. It was answered. Because you don't like the answer, you claim that the questions was not answered.

There are two possibilities here: The first is like I said, that you have a learning disability. The second is that you are simply a dumbass.

I asked for a logical argument for the electoral college.

"Because the Constitution says so" is not an answer to that question.

You mean the electoral college that sabotages WE THE PEOPLE from having their voices heard?

Tissue?

You mean the system the Blue States agreed to when joining the union?

I asked for a logical argument for the electoral college.

"Because the Constitution says so" is not an answer to that question.

We are a coalition of States, a Union. A few are not allowed such complete control.

GOOD--it's about time. There is no need for the electoral college vote today. Everyone can get to polling a precinct and or use mail in ballots. The electoral college was designed for people who couldn't vote because they lived out in the middle of nowhere. So our forefathers decided to do the electoral college system, in essense casting a vote for those people.

And as we saw on election night, any state west of Michigan didn't count, because Trump secured the 270 electoral college vote requirement by a measly 73K accumulated votes coming out of 3 blue rust belt states.

Meaning that the Electoral college today is the worst case example of voter disenfranchisement still operational in the nation today.

Last edited:
Here's a challenge: Make a logical, argument for why we should use the electoral college without mentioning "democrats".
We all know that your views are absolute and no matter what you will reject any argument supporting the EC.

Meanwhile not one of the 50 U.S. states wants to amend the U.S. constitution and the reason is that every state wants the power to direct their electoral votes as they choose. Personnally, I'd just love to watch the 2020 election results showing a pop majority for Trump and a Democrat electoral victory forfeited by this ten state pact.

Forum List

Back