11 Democrat states have formed a pact to sabotage the Electoral College

The Democrats lose one election because of the Electoral College, so like the mind-numbed robots they are, they wage war against the Electoral College system. It never occurs to them that it could easily have gone the other way.
States can decide how they allocate their votes

They may run into an issue with "one person one vote" that is the law of the land via the 14th amendment (which remember only applies to the States, not the feds) if the majorities wishes in the State are ignored and all the EC votes go to the person who "lost" the Statewide vote.
The Electoral College violates one man one vote

Votes in smaller states have more electoral clout than in populated states

The 14th amendment doesn't apply to the federal government, only the States. Since the Electoral college is PART of the constitution, it doesn't have to follow the one man one vote rule that has been "created" via the 14th amendment and applied to State and Local governments.

That smaller States have more electoral clout was the design of the system, i.e. a feature, not a bug.

So do you really think any State that signs up for this will not try to find a way to weasel out of it the second the person who won their State lost the national popular vote?

You think 2000 was chaos? This would be 100 times worse.
States get to decide how they award their electoral votes

So they can decide that they award their votes to one parties candidate ahead of time?

The Democrats lose one election because of the Electoral College, so like the mind-numbed robots they are, they wage war against the Electoral College system. It never occurs to them that it could easily have gone the other way.

They may run into an issue with "one person one vote" that is the law of the land via the 14th amendment (which remember only applies to the States, not the feds) if the majorities wishes in the State are ignored and all the EC votes go to the person who "lost" the Statewide vote.

What rule is that in the United states?

We are not a democracy , if we were gays would not be able to get married .
A majority of Americans support gay marriage
Welcome to the 21st century

The 14th amendment doesn't apply to the federal government, only the States. Since the Electoral college is PART of the constitution, it doesn't have to follow the one man one vote rule that has been "created" via the 14th amendment and applied to State and Local governments.

That smaller States have more electoral clout was the design of the system, i.e. a feature, not a bug.

So do you really think any State that signs up for this will not try to find a way to weasel out of it the second the person who won their State lost the national popular vote?

You think 2000 was chaos? This would be 100 times worse.
States get to decide how they award their electoral votes

So they can decide that they award their votes to one parties candidate ahead of time?

That's probably what they are getting at. Lol. I can't even believe it!

They didn't though. The gay marriage prop was voted out by the people and put into place by activist judges. Lol.

Connecticut To Give Its Electoral College Votes To National Popular Vote Victor

Connecticut voted to give its Electoral College Votes to the national popular vote victor. The state Senate voted 21-14 on Saturday to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, which includes 10 states and the District of Columbia. The state House passed the measure last week, 77 to 73. California, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington and the District of Columbia have already signed the accord.

This might give the Corrupt Democratic Party permanent control.
With permanent control the Corrupt Democrats will be able ignore the laws and the constitution and nobody could stop them. What do you think will happen to America if the Democrats are undefeatable?

The electoral college should be sabotaged. It allows the minority to rule and gives us presidents like Trump and Bush.

Connecticut voted to give its Electoral College Votes to the national popular vote victor. The state Senate voted 21-14 on Saturday to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, which includes 10 states and the District of Columbia. The state House passed the measure last week, 77 to 73. California, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington and the District of Columbia have already signed the accord.

With permanent control the Corrupt Democrats will be able ignore the laws and the constitution and nobody could stop them. What do you think will happen to America if the Democrats are undefeatable?

The electoral college should be sabotaged. It allows the minority to rule and gives us presidents like Trump and Bush.

if you don't like it, get rid of it the real way, via amendment.

Any form of vote moving via the national popular vote would probably be unconstitutional via Article 4, Section 4, clause 1 which guarantees a republican form of government to each State.

"11 Democrat states have formed a pact to sabotage the Electoral College"

upload_2018-5-9_9-10-0.jpeg

These Democrats seek to 'silence' the voices of millions of Americans across the country due to their ignorance and refusal to accept the outcome of an election....

And Clinton and others too. The electoral college process has already been explained. It is to give as much clout to small states as big ones. Otherwise, only bigger states will be deciding elections and smaller states would have no say at all. This is not difficult to understand.

It sounds like those 10 states just casterated themselves. First, Hellary won all those states, and so it would have not changed a thing in the last election. Second, what reason will a canidate have to campaign in any of these states if there voters do not decide who gets their representative electoral votes? Candidates largely ignored those states in the last election because they weren’t in play, now they are permanently out of play. Dumb dumb dumb.

EVERY state, no matter how big or small, is entitled to equal representation within the federal government, hence the electoral college.

Technically not equal, but population proportioned representation.

Sorry, but I'm a stickler for details.

And Clinton and others too. The electoral college process has already been explained. It is to give as much clout to small states as big ones. Otherwise, only bigger states will be deciding elections and smaller states would have no say at all. This is not difficult to understand.

People like you and me have explained the reasons for the electoral system and why it is a good thing many times. The snowflakes here though have no interest in history, and learning about representative government.

People like you and me have explained the reasons for the electoral system and why it is a good thing many times. The snowflakes here though have no interest in history, and learning about representative government.

They are still throwing themselves on the floor, tantruming over their loss to the hated Trump. :D It is so silly, I wish I could laugh, but they are dangerously silly and stupid.

EVERY state, no matter how big or small, is entitled to equal representation within the federal government, hence the electoral college.

I guess!!! That is what I meant by "equal" representation, not necessarily that your representatives will all be equally good. :D

To be utterly clear, it is equal representation in the Senate (the state’s House) and proportional in the House (the people’s house), I mean if you really want to be a stickler.

I guess!!! That is what I meant by "equal" representation, not necessarily that your representatives will all be equally good. :D

My mild OCD compels me to be like this.

To be utterly clear, it is equal representation in the Senate (the state’s House) and proportional in the House (the people’s house), I mean if you really want to be a stickler.

Yes, but the EC combines the two with each state getting 2 EV's via the senate, and proportional EV's via the number of representatives they have.

To be a stickler of a stickler...

I have a feeling this could devolve into an OCD fest.

Yes, but the EC combines the two with each state getting 2 EV's via the senate, and proportional EV's via the number of representatives they have.

To be a stickler of a stickler...

I have a feeling this could devolve into an OCD fest.

:th_smileysw2wqa:

They didn't though. The gay marriage prop was voted out by the people and put into place by activist judges. Lol.
Get with the times

That vote was eight years before states started to grant gay marriages and people saw the world didn’t end

Nobody but social conservatives cares anymore

Forum List

Back