11 Democrat states have formed a pact to sabotage the Electoral College

I don't want the electoral college to go away.... I just want it to function as intended, which is how votes in our Congress count....

Connecticut To Give Its Electoral College Votes To National Popular Vote Victor

Connecticut voted to give its Electoral College Votes to the national popular vote victor. The state Senate voted 21-14 on Saturday to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, which includes 10 states and the District of Columbia. The state House passed the measure last week, 77 to 73. California, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington and the District of Columbia have already signed the accord.

This might give the Corrupt Democratic Party permanent control.
With permanent control the Corrupt Democrats will be able ignore the laws and the constitution and nobody could stop them. What do you think will happen to America if the Democrats are undefeatable?
If this keeps up, Trump will have no path to defeat Hillary.
Don't worry, I'm sure Vladimir will be there to assist again.
I hope so. He might be our last hope.

I never thought I would ever read or hear an American citizen ever say those words.

Wow.

You people keep disgusting me everyday.

Turns out after all these decades of calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a commie in a lame attempt to silence them, it's you republicans who turn out to be the real commies.

Sarcasm flies fright over your head, simpleton.

This Electoral College manipulation is just another example of how the Democrats are notoriously nefarious.

The Democrats lose one election because of the Electoral College, so like the mind-numbed robots they are, they wage war against the Electoral College system. It never occurs to them that it could easily have gone the other way.
States can decide how they allocate their votes

Connecticut voted to give its Electoral College Votes to the national popular vote victor. The state Senate voted 21-14 on Saturday to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, which includes 10 states and the District of Columbia. The state House passed the measure last week, 77 to 73. California, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington and the District of Columbia have already signed the accord.

With permanent control the Corrupt Democrats will be able ignore the laws and the constitution and nobody could stop them. What do you think will happen to America if the Democrats are undefeatable?
Grow a brain cell, inbred.
Lol, it's ironically funny when a tRumpkin calls someone else dumb.
No, the irony is that I am a Trump supporter in the first place. A millennial who grew up more annoyed of Trump than anything, and who couldn’t stand his early campaigns or his TV show.

Which is why you idiots don’t have a prayer in 2020, with or without these pathetic gerrymandering substitutes.
Sorry dude, that's not irony, it's stupidity.

You mean the electoral college that sabotages WE THE PEOPLE from having their voices heard?

Tissue?

Your voice is heard with your congresscritter, and your senator. You voice is heard via your State officials and representatives.

This end run around the constitution actually disenfranchises voters, but typical progressives can't see that.

I never thought I would ever read or hear an American citizen ever say those words.

Wow.

Turns out after all these decades of calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a commie in a lame attempt to silence them, it's you republicans who turn out to be the real commies.
Scary shit ain't it.

Wow.

Nothing like taking ONE person's silly comment and applying it to everyone you don't like. Lol.
I don't think he/she did, but if the shoe fits feel free to lace that bugger up and wear it.

Wow.

Sarcasm flies fright over your head, simpleton.
Yeah...no. we don't believe it was sarcasm.

The Democrats lose one election because of the Electoral College, so like the mind-numbed robots they are, they wage war against the Electoral College system. It never occurs to them that it could easily have gone the other way.

They may run into an issue with "one person one vote" that is the law of the land via the 14th amendment (which remember only applies to the States, not the feds) if the majorities wishes in the State are ignored and all the EC votes go to the person who "lost" the Statewide vote.

They may run into an issue with "one person one vote" that is the law of the land via the 14th amendment (which remember only applies to the States, not the feds) if the majorities wishes in the State are ignored and all the EC votes go to the person who "lost" the Statewide vote.
The Electoral College violates one man one vote

Votes in smaller states have more electoral clout than in populated states

The 14th amendment doesn't apply to the federal government, only the States. Since the Electoral college is PART of the constitution, it doesn't have to follow the one man one vote rule that has been "created" via the 14th amendment and applied to State and Local governments.

That smaller States have more electoral clout was the design of the system, i.e. a feature, not a bug.

So do you really think any State that signs up for this will not try to find a way to weasel out of it the second the person who won their State lost the national popular vote?

You think 2000 was chaos? This would be 100 times worse.

What rule is that in the United states?

We are not a democracy , if we were gays would not be able to get married .

The 14th amendment doesn't apply to the federal government, only the States. Since the Electoral college is PART of the constitution, it doesn't have to follow the one man one vote rule that has been "created" via the 14th amendment and applied to State and Local governments.

That smaller States have more electoral clout was the design of the system, i.e. a feature, not a bug.

So do you really think any State that signs up for this will not try to find a way to weasel out of it the second the person who won their State lost the national popular vote?

I seriously think they don't really understand anything. They just repeat their government prescribed talking points and have complete trust in their government officials, as ignorant as that is.

I seriously think they don't really understand anything. They just repeat their government prescribed talking points and have complete trust in their government officials, as ignorant as that is.

They see a pattern repeated in 2000 and 2016 and assume that it will happen again and not in their favor.

Again, if they do go through with this and end up electing someone NONE of the signatory States voted for in an in-state majority, it may be something that crashes the system.

They see a pattern repeated in 2000 and 2016 and assume that it will happen again and not in their favor.

Again, if they do go through with this and end up electing someone NONE of the signatory States voted for in an in-state majority, it may be something that crashes the system.

We should definitely ignore them. They will just complain about the popular vote and want to bring back the electoral vote process when they lose due to the popular vote. Good Lord, they are like a bunch of spoiled children. Lol.

States get to decide how they award their electoral votes

What rule is that in the United states?

We are not a democracy , if we were gays would not be able to get married .

That's a good point. The leftists want a popular vote if it will benefit their agenda. Otherwise, they will stick to an electoral college type of voting procedure. :dunno: This is why sane adults don't take them seriously.

Forum List

Back