12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.

California has some of the strictest gun laws, so what do you propose that can fix the issue?

A proper LIbEral response would be to call for even more of the same poison that is causing the sickness in the first place.

I am actually very liberal in my views but not Progressive...

The issue with those like the OP is when they can not get their way they want big brother to fix it and for that to happen they will need enough votes in the Senate along with the White House and States to approve a new amendment which will never happen.

So as Old Lady pushes her agenda of more strict Federal Laws the reality is they will not stop a damn thing because criminals do not obey laws ever!
What laws do you think I'm proposing? If gun control isn't the answer, there must be another answer, because these mass shootings are not acceptable and they are not normal everyday business as usual in any other developed country in the world.
What gun control law that CA doesn't have would have prevented this shooting?

And why do states with very lax gun control laws have much lower murder rates than CA?

It ain't guns the American society has a cancer that is spreading and no where is the disease more evident than in the ultra violent urban areas and the violence and crime that emanates from them in numbers large enough to skew the murder rate for the entire country
You all know that I believe in super duper gun restriction/confiscation and to pretty much go full Australia on your ass. But in this thread, I am keeping that idea on the shelf, because you all apparently think there must be another way to stop this mass shooting violence that is becoming more and more frequent. We just had eleven killed in synagogue in Pittsburgh less than two weeks ago. Now a dozen people in So. Cal out for a little fun with friends at a country western bar.

Unless maybe y'all DON'T care. If we don't focus on guns themselves, which you seem so sure is not the problem, what ELSE could the problem be and how can it be fixed?

A proper LIbEral response would be to call for even more of the same poison that is causing the sickness in the first place.

The issue with those like the OP is when they can not get their way they want big brother to fix it and for that to happen they will need enough votes in the Senate along with the White House and States to approve a new amendment which will never happen.

So as Old Lady pushes her agenda of more strict Federal Laws the reality is they will not stop a damn thing because criminals do not obey laws ever!
What laws do you think I'm proposing? If gun control isn't the answer, there must be another answer, because these mass shootings are not acceptable and they are not normal everyday business as usual in any other developed country in the world.

And yet California has some of the strictest laws in the nation, so why did they fail to protect those people?

CA does not have that strict of gun laws, the US law is simply lax.
California shooting: Twelve dead at Thousand Oaks music bar | Daily Mail Online
CA has the strictest gun laws in the country

10 states with the strictest gun laws | Deseret News
Gee, I wonder if the gun man had a drivers license who could have purchased his gun in Nevada or any other state with loose gun laws....Duh.

What are those common sense laws you'd like to see?

You all know that I believe in super duper gun restriction/confiscation and to pretty much go full Australia on your ass. But in this thread, I am keeping that idea on the shelf, because you all apparently think there must be another way to stop this mass shooting violence that is becoming more and more frequent. We just had eleven killed in synagogue in Pittsburgh less than two weeks ago. Now a dozen people in So. Cal out for a little fun with friends at a country western bar.

Unless maybe y'all DON'T care. If we don't focus on guns themselves, which you seem so sure is not the problem, what ELSE could the problem be and how can it be fixed?

The honesty is appreciate and YES, we know what you actually want.

You asked for, and I gave you the answer.
But I can't Un-Blind you if you refuse to see the obvious solution right in front of you.

California has some of the strictest gun laws, so what do you propose that can fix the issue?

What gun control law that CA doesn't have would have prevented this shooting?

And why do states with very lax gun control laws have much lower murder rates than CA?

It ain't guns the American society has a cancer that is spreading and no where is the disease more evident than in the ultra violent urban areas and the violence and crime that emanates from them in numbers large enough to skew the murder rate for the entire country

I told you the problem

We have a diseased society, a cancer that is spreading from ultra violent urban areas where generational poverty, segregation, drugs , crime, violence and the breakdown of the family are the most prevalent.

These areas which are concentrated in very small areas of just 5% of all counties in the country have such high crime and murder rates that they skew the stats of the entire country.

I offer as evidence the differences in murder rates between CA and NH or UT

The latter 2 have very lax gun laws compared to CA and murder rates that are 4 times lower than CA what they don't have is the urban decay

Last edited:
`
I believe in a county wide tax on guns and bullets. In part, to collect gun related statistics and to off-set the cost of gun related violence.
i think we need to look into the connection between over-meding kids these days and the effect that has. far too often i hear parents say while on meds their child was usually angry. no, certainly not every time but enough to check. from what i understand a vast majority of the shooters in the last 10+ years were on some form of medication(s). that can't be overlooked.

when we started med'ing kids vs raising them, did we start seeing an uptick in things?

We started seeing an uptick in these things when parents stopped parenting - I don't think it's just the drugs. Parents stopped teaching their kids to take responsibility for themselves, they let the schools teach their kids that they were "entitled" to a good life - and of course the idea of "a good life" has morphed beyond any reasonable expectations. Now they expect to be taken care of from cradle to grave; everything paid for by "someone else" so they can afford to buy a nice car, house, and the latest cellphone model. They have no empathy for others, no respect for the opportunities they are given simply by being in this nation, and they will destroy it all when they don't get their way. Because that is how they got everything else they wanted - by throwing tantrums. The tantrums just become more violent as they age is all.

Since no one in the nation is willing to put any of these self-important little shits over a knee, this is the new reality. Lock your doors and pray that when you happen to go outside you don't get caught in the cross fire of one of their more and more frequent blow outs... They won't do shit about the actual cause of any of this - they just want to take our guns, period. They will eventually, and it'll continue happening, and they'll say "oh well, they need space for killing" and you'll be expected to deal with it anyway - might as well get used to it.

The UK doesn't have a 2nd Amendment and yet gun violence is on the rise. Crimes like assault, robbery and incidences of women being victimized are already much higher than in the USA where people can routinely be armed.

People are using trucks and other vehicles increasingly to kill and harm others where guns are less available. Acid attacks are common in the UK

You MUST stop focusing on OBJECTS as the problem and focus on the REAL problem, bad people created by BAD SOCIAL POLICIES

Until you and others like you do, violence will continue to escalate...guns or no guns

And yet California has some of the strictest laws in the nation, so why did they fail to protect those people?

CA does not have that strict of gun laws, the US law is simply lax.
California shooting: Twelve dead at Thousand Oaks music bar | Daily Mail Online
CA has the strictest gun laws in the country

10 states with the strictest gun laws | Deseret News
Gee, I wonder if the gun man had a drivers license who could have purchased his gun in Nevada or any other state with loose gun laws....Duh.

So then tell me why MA has a lower murder rate than CA despite being next door to NH which has much more lax gun laws?

And FYI NH has had the lowest murder rate in the country for about 10 years running

Doesn’t California have the best gun laws?

This couldn’t have happened in California because liberals have made California a perfect state.
I`m pretty sure that California`s borders are open. Is it possible that a gun can be brought in from another state dumbass?
Lol
It didn’t it doesn’t need to because the criminals have most of the firearms in California

`
I believe in a county wide tax on guns and bullets. In part, to collect gun related statistics and to off-set the cost of gun related violence.
i think we need to look into the connection between over-meding kids these days and the effect that has. far too often i hear parents say while on meds their child was usually angry. no, certainly not every time but enough to check. from what i understand a vast majority of the shooters in the last 10+ years were on some form of medication(s). that can't be overlooked.

when we started med'ing kids vs raising them, did we start seeing an uptick in things?

We started seeing an uptick in these things when parents stopped parenting - I don't think it's just the drugs. Parents stopped teaching their kids to take responsibility for themselves, they let the schools teach their kids that they were "entitled" to a good life - and of course the idea of "a good life" has morphed beyond any reasonable expectations. Now they expect to be taken care of from cradle to grave; everything paid for by "someone else" so they can afford to buy a nice car, house, and the latest cellphone model. They have no empathy for others, no respect for the opportunities they are given simply by being in this nation, and they will destroy it all when they don't get their way. Because that is how they got everything else they wanted - by throwing tantrums. The tantrums just become more violent as they age is all.

Since no one in the nation is willing to put any of these self-important little shits over a knee, this is the new reality. Lock your doors and pray that when you happen to go outside you don't get caught in the cross fire of one of their more and more frequent blow outs... They won't do shit about the actual cause of any of this - they just want to take our guns, period. They will eventually, and it'll continue happening, and they'll say "oh well, they need space for killing" and you'll be expected to deal with it anyway - might as well get used to it.
i can't disagree with too much here. it likely is a combination of a lot of things and a lack of parenting will lead to putting them on drugs to keep from having to actually manage an energetic child.

changing how people "parent" will shift from generation to generation. but the meds thing is something that be looked into moreso than making someone spank a brat. :)

The honesty is appreciate and YES, we know what you actually want.

You asked for, and I gave you the answer.
But I can't Un-Blind you if you refuse to see the obvious solution right in front of you.
I have not heard you name a specific policy yet that caused this shooting. Did I miss something? Simply saying "liberal policies" is not very helpful. Which one(s)?

`

i can't disagree with too much here. it likely is a combination of a lot of things and a lack of parenting will lead to putting them on drugs to keep from having to actually manage an energetic child.

changing how people "parent" will shift from generation to generation. but the meds thing is something that be looked into moreso than making someone spank a brat. :)

I don't think its the parents putting their kids on drugs to "avoid managing them" - its doctors making bank off drugs, though I'll give that parents are too uneducated and uninterested to even look into what that drug is and check its side effects.

Forum List

Back