12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

We could curb some shootings I bet.
Like other countries with much lower firearm homicide rates, by severely regulating handguns and military style semi automatics? Nah. That would never work. Don't even consider it. What are a few college kids' lives against easy access to handguns and military style semi automatics?

No price of freedumb is too high.
Lol
Irrelevant
Other countries don’t have any right to firearm ownership, Hell they don’t even have the right to freedom of speech. So shut the fuck up

Sounds like all the dead are college students. Who wants to kill kids?

Also the cop who tried to go in and died is a hero.
College students are adults not kids

And when I was in college I wasn't out partying on a weeknight

Maybe they should have been studying.

/----/ Let's discuss this
45635496_1988825404499660_5333744895049859072_n.jpg
Yep, This country does have much bigger fish to fry

Notice:

I laid out exactly what Old Lady asked for in post #93 in this thread......specific policies that liberals and progs embrace that directly result in violence.

And as expected...it was ignored, denied or deflected....because you see, they really don't care....they just want to take your guns. THAT's ALL

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.
in california with some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation

what more do you want

A proper LIbEral response would be to call for even more of the same poison that is causing the sickness in the first place.

I am actually very liberal in my views but not Progressive...

The issue with those like the OP is when they can not get their way they want big brother to fix it and for that to happen they will need enough votes in the Senate along with the White House and States to approve a new amendment which will never happen.

So as Old Lady pushes her agenda of more strict Federal Laws the reality is they will not stop a damn thing because criminals do not obey laws ever!
What laws do you think I'm proposing? If gun control isn't the answer, there must be another answer, because these mass shootings are not acceptable and they are not normal everyday business as usual in any other developed country in the world.
What gun control law that CA doesn't have would have prevented this shooting?

And why do states with very lax gun control laws have much lower murder rates than CA?

It ain't guns the American society has a cancer that is spreading and no where is the disease more evident than in the ultra violent urban areas and the violence and crime that emanates from them in numbers large enough to skew the murder rate for the entire country
You all know that I believe in super duper gun restriction/confiscation and to pretty much go full Australia on your ass. But in this thread, I am keeping that idea on the shelf, because you all apparently think there must be another way to stop this mass shooting violence that is becoming more and more frequent. We just had eleven killed in synagogue in Pittsburgh less than two weeks ago. Now a dozen people in So. Cal out for a little fun with friends at a country western bar.

Unless maybe y'all DON'T care. If we don't focus on guns themselves, which you seem so sure is not the problem, what ELSE could the problem be and how can it be fixed?

I told you the problem

We have a diseased society, a cancer that is spreading from ultra violent urban areas where generational poverty, segregation, drugs , crime, violence and the breakdown of the family are the most prevalent.

These areas which are concentrated in very small areas of just 5% of all counties in the country have such high crime and murder rates that they skew the stats of the entire country.

I offer as evidence the differences in murder rates between CA and NH or UT

The latter 2 have very lax gun laws compared to CA and murder rates that are 4 times lower than CA what they don't have is the urban decay
I am not talking stats. I am talking mass shootings like the one last night and the one two weeks ago in Pittsburgh. And the one at Parkland. And the one at Pulse. And the one in Las Vegas at the concert...
That is what I am talking about at the moment.

Sounds like all the dead are college students. Who wants to kill kids?

Also the cop who tried to go in and died is a hero.
College students are adults not kids

And when I was in college I wasn't out partying on a weeknight

Maybe they should have been studying.
They are very much kids. Young, stupid and naive

There is truth to this. From the way I read/see/hear it, the age of being an "adult" should be raised to at least 30 ~rolls eyes~

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.
Holy shit! I wake up to more of this.....now I have to go find some more T's & P's.

I am actually very liberal in my views but not Progressive...

The issue with those like the OP is when they can not get their way they want big brother to fix it and for that to happen they will need enough votes in the Senate along with the White House and States to approve a new amendment which will never happen.

So as Old Lady pushes her agenda of more strict Federal Laws the reality is they will not stop a damn thing because criminals do not obey laws ever!
What laws do you think I'm proposing? If gun control isn't the answer, there must be another answer, because these mass shootings are not acceptable and they are not normal everyday business as usual in any other developed country in the world.
What gun control law that CA doesn't have would have prevented this shooting?

And why do states with very lax gun control laws have much lower murder rates than CA?

It ain't guns the American society has a cancer that is spreading and no where is the disease more evident than in the ultra violent urban areas and the violence and crime that emanates from them in numbers large enough to skew the murder rate for the entire country
You all know that I believe in super duper gun restriction/confiscation and to pretty much go full Australia on your ass. But in this thread, I am keeping that idea on the shelf, because you all apparently think there must be another way to stop this mass shooting violence that is becoming more and more frequent. We just had eleven killed in synagogue in Pittsburgh less than two weeks ago. Now a dozen people in So. Cal out for a little fun with friends at a country western bar.

Unless maybe y'all DON'T care. If we don't focus on guns themselves, which you seem so sure is not the problem, what ELSE could the problem be and how can it be fixed?

I told you the problem

We have a diseased society, a cancer that is spreading from ultra violent urban areas where generational poverty, segregation, drugs , crime, violence and the breakdown of the family are the most prevalent.

These areas which are concentrated in very small areas of just 5% of all counties in the country have such high crime and murder rates that they skew the stats of the entire country.

I offer as evidence the differences in murder rates between CA and NH or UT

The latter 2 have very lax gun laws compared to CA and murder rates that are 4 times lower than CA what they don't have is the urban decay
I am not talking stats. I am talking mass shootings like the one last night and the one two weeks ago in Pittsburgh. And the one at Parkland. And the one at Pulse. And the one in Las Vegas at the concert...

Stats are how we measure the consequences so if you don't want to talk stats you don't want to address the problems

Mass shootings stem from societal decay

I'm only amazed 2aguy isn't here telling us how the UK is doomed by gun violence.

You're exposed as a liar.
The reason we will continue to have mass shootings is explicitly because you leftists flat refuse to address the real root cause of the problem.

Your fixation on OBJECTS will never resolve the issues.

Forum List

Back