12 Dead in Mass Shooting at So.Cal Bar

No "right" exists without responsibility on the part of the holder. The irresponsible do not have rights. The responsible have the obligation of aiding the irresponsible, as well as the 'right' to protect themselves form irresponsible acts.
Show me the actual legislation and the votes for it. I can show you where Dem judges prefer to release the mentally ill, rather than get them in hospital help.
The problem is not just funding, I know. Back to the specific case, as a vet he hopefully had help available if he chose to use it. If less than a year ago he was in a crisis and his guns were not temporarily taken, there is something wrong. Guns and mental health crises do not go together.

Stupid Liberals don't think that guns and Liberty go together, do they? Our Founding Fathers did but modern day idiot Liberals don't think so.
Flash, I have a right to want safety, too. Don't I? It isn't idiotic to want to end mass shootings where innocent unarmed people minding their own business are gunned down with increasing frequency. If it isn't the guns at fault, what is? Just calling liberals "stupid" for being concerned is not going to solve the problem. Next time, it could be in your town, or one of your kids. No one wants it to happen again, but the longer we keep ignoring the problem, the more it is going to happen. Which we have already seen.

You are really confused about this, aren't you? Are you confused or simply naive?

It is idiotic to think that giving up Liberty will get you what you perceive is security. It is idiotic because as the Founding Fathers understood the "security of a free state" is best secured by the American people having the right to keep and bear arms.

No gun law passed by stupid Moon Bats will ever make you secure. It ain't gonna happen. For instance, using today's shooting as an example. The idiots in Commie Kalifornia passed a stupid law against high capacity magazines and millions of Californians gave their magazines up. However, that didn't do a damn thing to stop this nutcase from using a high capacity magazine in a crime, did it?

Chicago has the the nation's strictest gun control laws and the the nation's worst gun control crime. Gun control does absolutely nothing to stop crime.

I could give you many more examples of how gun control doesn't stop gun crime. It is simply ineffective. All it does it take away the Liberty of law abiding citizens and that is wrong. Very wrong.

You live in a nation of 330 million people. Gun crime will happen no matter what laws are passed. There are a lot of nutcases and bad people out there. However, the great majority of that crime is restricted to the drug and gang thugs of the inner city shitholes.

Occasionally gun crime happens elsewhere and innocent people get hurt. It is no different than the many other ways that innocent people get hurt every day. In my county a child died two days ago drowning in a swimming pool. Very tragic. Unfortunately shit happens. Learn to live with it. There are no guarantees in life.
You are sadly blind to the facts. Look at any other developed nation in the world that doesn't have a goddamned 2nd Amendment and you will find far lower gun deaths AND the fact that citizens are not living under tyranny. Everyone using this "guard against tyranny" argument is on hallucinogens, I guess, because have you taken a look at what our government has for fire power lately? If they wanted us under their thumb, we would be under their thumb, and all the AR 15's in the world wouldn't stop that. It's purely laughable.
Fuck the Second. I'm going to cross stitch it on a pillow.
I have no issue with responsible, carefully screened and trained people owning guns. But this "right" for every loon and his uncle to go into Cabelas and buy an AR or a glock is absolutely ridiculous, considering how many Americans die thanks to giving them that right based on a pipe dream. Every year tens of thousands die at the wrong end of a gun.
----------------------------------------------------- thats why Americans should only take the American point of view regarding FREEDOMS unique to America . Feck foreign countries and the way they do things OldLady .

and thousands die at the wrong end of a gun . So What are the actual numbers of people that are shot dead by police or home owners protecting themselves against assault or death and bodily harms Old Lady .

as you begged to leave 'birber land' to get into the USA 'isis' !!

PTSD is real and sad. Our vets need help. Those poor victims. Should never have happened.
The frustrating thing is -- how do we improve it?
There was a whole lot of it after WWII as well. People just didn't know what to call it. The vets eventually coped with it (a lot by "burying it" I think--how many times have you heard of a WWII vet "he NEVER talked about it.") War and the general "brainwashing" required to be in the military makes it hard to reenter civilian life. I think the military is trying, though, to be more proactive. I know that a friend's daughter, who is on a military base with her husband, had a lot of support when her husband came back from a deployment with PTSD and was abusive to her, drinking heavily, etc. It wasn't like him at all. They helped a lot (although he was not real happy about it at first). Where they were on base and he was still active, they could control things. With vets it's a whole nother story.

No...being in the military doesn't make it harder to be in civilian life..... that is a lie the left wing has perpetrated because they hate the military...if you look at any statistics, especially from Vietnam....let alone World War 2, you will find that veterans outperformed their civilian counterparts in every way.....you really have to stop buying the left wing crap.
I'm not "buying" anything. I have met many Vietnam vets screwed up for their lifetimes because of PTSD in that damned war, and the V.A. is the one telling all of us that there are plenty of vets from more recent wars with PTSD. So stop trying to turn that into a "Democratic" issue. No one ever said that every soldier comes home and has such problems that they shoot someone or themselves, but don't you think it may be contributing to the high rate of suicide and homelessness among veterans right now? SOMETHING is to blame, and don't say Democrats.
--------------------------------- suicide and homelessness are not crimes or and are victimless until laws are broken OldLady .
No, but they are symptoms of something gone awry. You can't deny that.

The problem is not just funding, I know. Back to the specific case, as a vet he hopefully had help available if he chose to use it. If less than a year ago he was in a crisis and his guns were not temporarily taken, there is something wrong. Guns and mental health crises do not go together.

Stupid Liberals don't think that guns and Liberty go together, do they? Our Founding Fathers did but modern day idiot Liberals don't think so.
Flash, I have a right to want safety, too. Don't I? It isn't idiotic to want to end mass shootings where innocent unarmed people minding their own business are gunned down with increasing frequency. If it isn't the guns at fault, what is? Just calling liberals "stupid" for being concerned is not going to solve the problem. Next time, it could be in your town, or one of your kids. No one wants it to happen again, but the longer we keep ignoring the problem, the more it is going to happen. Which we have already seen.

You are really confused about this, aren't you? Are you confused or simply naive?

It is idiotic to think that giving up Liberty will get you what you perceive is security. It is idiotic because as the Founding Fathers understood the "security of a free state" is best secured by the American people having the right to keep and bear arms.

No gun law passed by stupid Moon Bats will ever make you secure. It ain't gonna happen. For instance, using today's shooting as an example. The idiots in Commie Kalifornia passed a stupid law against high capacity magazines and millions of Californians gave their magazines up. However, that didn't do a damn thing to stop this nutcase from using a high capacity magazine in a crime, did it?

Chicago has the the nation's strictest gun control laws and the the nation's worst gun control crime. Gun control does absolutely nothing to stop crime.

I could give you many more examples of how gun control doesn't stop gun crime. It is simply ineffective. All it does it take away the Liberty of law abiding citizens and that is wrong. Very wrong.

You live in a nation of 330 million people. Gun crime will happen no matter what laws are passed. There are a lot of nutcases and bad people out there. However, the great majority of that crime is restricted to the drug and gang thugs of the inner city shitholes.

Occasionally gun crime happens elsewhere and innocent people get hurt. It is no different than the many other ways that innocent people get hurt every day. In my county a child died two days ago drowning in a swimming pool. Very tragic. Unfortunately shit happens. Learn to live with it. There are no guarantees in life.
You are sadly blind to the facts. Look at any other developed nation in the world that doesn't have a goddamned 2nd Amendment and you will find far lower gun deaths AND the fact that citizens are not living under tyranny. Everyone using this "guard against tyranny" argument is on hallucinogens, I guess, because have you taken a look at what our government has for fire power lately? If they wanted us under their thumb, we would be under their thumb, and all the AR 15's in the world wouldn't stop that. It's purely laughable.
I have no issue with responsible, carefully screened and trained people owning guns. But this "right" for every loon and his uncle to go into Cabelas and buy an AR or a glock is absolutely ridiculous, considering how many Americans die thanks to giving them that right based on a pipe dream. Every year tens of thousands die at the wrong end of a gun.
----------------------------------------------------- thats why Americans should only take the American point of view regarding FREEDOMS unique to America . Feck foreign countries and the way they do things OldLady .
I'm just pointing out that your silly "freedom" dream of holding back a tyrannical government with your pop gun is not what keeps a bad government from taking over; it is intelligent vigilant people. NOT GUNS.

as i have said throughout this thread , 320 million went to bed after supper the night the VETERAN marine did his murders . They went to bed , woke up , went to work or school and are now going to lunch OldLady and many will go shooting on their weekend days off OldLady

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.

I agree. When law enforcement comes across a person who is obviously in mental distress, that person should be involuntarily committed until he/she can be evaluated to not be a danger to themselves or others. Nothing else is going to work.

Nothing funny about that pissmoe.

I'm just pointing out that your silly "freedom" dream of holding back a tyrannical government with your pop gun is not what keeps a bad government from taking over; it is intelligent vigilant people. NOT GUNS.
---------------------------------------------- [no balls eh] yeah , tell that to the enemies that America soldiers currently fights in oversea muslim lands . Besides that the American people are supposed to be able to help or take care of foreign invasion as Americans would be working with USA military OldLady .

11:15 p.m. last night. Twelve dead, and they are still counting. Dead include the gunman, who went into a local Country-Western bar & grill having it's weekly College Night and began by shooting the security guard and cashier, then entered and began spraying bullets at college students with his rapid fire gun. Twelve dead include one of the first deputies on the scene.

Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest communities in the country. Just like Parkland was.

People, it is time we stopped talking and started doing something about this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are no longer safe to go grocery shopping, pray in our church, go to yoga class, or to a bar to dance. Or to work. Or to school.

Something has to be done to stop this. Not just talk this time. It is time to actually do something. January approaches. Make sure your legislators know what you think will help make this country SAFE AGAIN.

I agree. When law enforcement comes across a person who is obviously in mental distress, that person should be involuntarily committed until he/she can be evaluated to not be a danger to themselves or others. Nothing else is going to work.

No "right" exists without responsibility on the part of the holder. The irresponsible do not have rights. The responsible have the obligation of aiding the irresponsible, as well as the 'right' to protect themselves form irresponsible acts.
Show me the actual legislation and the votes for it. I can show you where Dem judges prefer to release the mentally ill, rather than get them in hospital help.

You are confused about this. You should go do your cross stitch because you seemed too confused to carry on an effective discussion.

I know that without any doubt that if we ship our inner gang thugs, druggies and Illegals off to any country in the world their gun crime and all other crimes would soar. Those are the ones that commit most of the gun crimes in this country and no gun control law will ever stop them.

Gun control laws don't stop them from committing crimes in Chicago (with strict gun laws like many foreign countries) and it wouldn't stop them from committing gun crime in London or any other country.

Califonia's ban on high capacity magazines, which the same that many countries have, sure didn't stop that shooter last night from using one, did it?

There are many examples of where a lesser armed citizenry has over come a much better armed tyrannical government. Our country is a great example and the reason that our Founding Fathers established the right to keep and bear arm.

You must really be confused as to think that living in a country where only the filthy ass government and the crooks have firearms will make you any more safe. Especially here in the US where we have such a large number of inner city thugs that don't obey any laws. You just make it easier to become their victim.

I have over 50 firearms with about 30 of them being AR-15s. I have never used them in a crime and have absolutely no intentions of ever using them in a crime. Why are you such an asshole as to want to take away my Liberty to own these guns, that are protected under the Constitution? What kind of asshole are you to deny me my Constitutional freedom?

--------------------------------------- until someone breaks the LAW i think they can do as they like in America and right thinking Americans will think the same way Hunarcy .

NO, if someone is a danger to themself or others, that person should be forced to receive mental health care until the danger is passed. It's people like you that have created the situation where mass shootings have become common. MOST of the people (who are not terrorists) who do these things have already come to the attention of law enforcement and action could have been taken to help them if not for people like you...I'm not talking about putting people in jail. I'm talking about getting them into a mental health facility where they can be cared for.

If these stupid Moon Bat love foreign laws so much why don't they move to a foreign country? Problem solved.

"Maybe if CA spent less time attending to the needs & comfort of illegals, legislature could fix laws on mentally ill. CA shooter: "They decided he was not qualified to be committed involuntarily ...""

Okay. I broke the news that another dozen innocent civilians are dead due to a mass shooting. He was a veteran with mental health problems who had a mental health crisis less than a year ago and was allowed to keep his guns. So he went ahead and got smoke bombs and illegal extended cartridges for his glock and he created mayhem in a bar full of college kids dancing to country music. I don't actually call that PTSD. That's just plain messed up.

I made it clear at the beginning of this thread that I was interested in discussing ways to stop this madness OTHER than gun control. For the most part, that was ignored and I just got the usual screaming and screeching about taking away people's guns. Mental health services and changing the laws about committing people and taking away their firearms are great ideas. It is true that most mentally ill people are harmless. Those who aren't can be hard to predict. I think there are usually "clues," though, and if more research is needed to figure out what those are, we need to get busy. If someone is actually violent or threatening to harm people though, and they are mentally unstable, the guns should go.

Y'all know how I feel about guns. But every single one of you who said that more gun control won't solve the problem are right. That is only PART of the solution. So is teaching kids that taking a human life is the worse thing you can do. That it is a loser attitude to threaten violence. Getting the gratuitous violence off video games and entertainment generally would help. Most of you think that's foolish too. It is a factor, though. Very much so. It hardens us to violent behavior, whether we actually commit crimes ourselves. Look at how hardened most of the people are in this thread to the latest mass shooting, not even 24 hours ago. Meh. So what, you can't have my gun.

The thread is yours. I shepherded it as long as I could take it.

we can have freedom, or safety

but we're not going to have both

~S~
My vote is for freedom. There are hundreds of other nations you can move to in order to voluntarily give your rights up. Don't expect the rest of the nation to give theirs up b/c you watch too much TV and don't know what your odds are of this happening to you.

------------------------------------------------ i'm laughing at how easy you would Involuntarily Commit people is all and i you or similar said that the USA will not be a police state Hunarcy . Funny Icon is the only way i can express DISDAIN for you NAIVE thinking and message Hunarcy .

You Liberals are as confused about history as you are confused about economics, ethics, biology and climate science.

Many examples in history of where the people were brutalized by a government that took away the arms of the people. Other examples of when a lesser armed populace overcame a more heavily armed tyrannical government.

If you are confused I will be glad to give you some examples.

Forum List

Back