12-Year-Old Defends Herself with Gun, Proves Need of 2nd Amendment

How would people feel about this?

OK....first off....good for the girl. I'm glad she's OK and let me say that I support Gun rights in this country......OK.....onto my thought.

Many of our problems in this country with firearms is NOT with law abiding citizens. The Idea of banning guns....even assault weapons from these people is ludicrous. Sure...you get the occasional jealous husband, mentally unstable person going on a rampage, etc.....but by and large, gun violence in this country is perpetrated by criminals. So what I propose is this:

When we pull our troops out of Afghanistan, we use these battle hardened troops to confiscate all ILLEGAL weapons. Start on the East coast. Make an announcement first, so that people can either voluntarily turn them in, or get them registered. Then send in the troops to confiscate the ones that remain.

The violence in our inner cities is horrible, and these tough economic times makes it worse...crime becomes a reasonable option for more and more people in dire straights. Gangs rule many neighborhoods and hold good people hostage to their violence and intimidation. They are a direct threat to our people and I feel they should be fairly labeled as Domestic Terrorists.

To disarm people like this is not a violation of the second amendment, it is a matter of National Security and the protection of our people. Question.....where do you think most of the calls for gun bans come from? The good people of these crime ridden streets that see and live with this shit every day. They want it to end.....it's not some Commie plot.....it's people who live in these pockets of hell in our country.

I think that this would be a reasonable compromise between a "gun ban" and letting criminals kill rampantly for the sake of good, law abiding gun owners.

How do you go about that? First of all, Posse Comitatus prohibits using federal troops for domestic law enforcement. Secondly, will you be sending Law Enforcement Officers door to door, or setting up metal detectors at WalMart?

you're drifting into dumb ass land come back on your return trip.
Any law can infringe on a persons right to keep and bear arms. All gun control laws are anti second amendment.

You are a moron. So in your fucked up little world.....Street gangs are protected? Organized violent crime is protected by the second amendment?

Methinks you have guns you don't want registered and you don't give a shit how many poor inner city kids get killed in order to keep them unregistered.

What does the second amendment say?
Those inner cities are the ones with all the gun control laws aren't they? FUCKING IDIOT.

Fucking Idiot? FUCKING IDIOT? What good are those laws when they can't be enforced? The only people those laws hurt are law abiding citizens! The criminals don't give a shit about gun control laws! I think the concept of gun control laws are fucking stupid.....I'm saying to get the ILLEGAL guns out of the hands of criminals who are committing violent crimes with them. Because THAT is the catalyst for all the calls for gun control.....Like I said, it's not some Communist plot....it's the frustration and the fear of people who see their neighbors, friends and loved ones killed every day by criminals.

Maybe you should RE-READ my post. I'm saying you (assuming you are a law-abiding citizen) should be allowed to own as many and whatever type of gun you want. All you have to do is register them. That's not taking your guns away...that's actually doing away with stupid fucking laws that are totally ineffective.

Hell, I'd love to see a ballistics database....just in case a law-abiding citizen like yourself decides to go off the reservation and kills someone. Every gun sold should be test fired and the ballistic data recorded.

In short? If you want to see a "fucking idiot".....look in a mirror.

“part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.”
That's pretty weak language IMO.

Besides even in the old AWB legislation you would not lose your guns and your current guns would be "grandfathered". Your 12 guage or 22 is enough to protect your front door.

Romney's track record should worry you more regarding.

Spare me the fear of any gun regulation being the slippery slope to losing all our guns. I'm sure I'll still be shooting the same fully auto AK 47 I shot a couple months ago 4 years from now.

Fully auto, huh? Transfer stamp or class 3?

No idea. I suppose I could look it up and try to get a lie past you but I won't. They are my friends guns. He just lets me shoot them every once in a while when he comes around. It's kinda fun but not my thing. The amazing thing to me was how quick the clip goes. Nothing like in the movies.

Anyway - he is not worried about this presidency taking away his guns.

You are a moron. So in your fucked up little world.....Street gangs are protected? Organized violent crime is protected by the second amendment?

Methinks you have guns you don't want registered and you don't give a shit how many poor inner city kids get killed in order to keep them unregistered.

Those inner cities are the ones with all the gun control laws aren't they? FUCKING IDIOT.

Fucking Idiot? FUCKING IDIOT? What good are those laws when they can't be enforced? The only people those laws hurt are law abiding citizens! The criminals don't give a shit about gun control laws! I think the concept of gun control laws are fucking stupid.....I'm saying to get the ILLEGAL guns out of the hands of criminals who are committing violent crimes with them. Because THAT is the catalyst for all the calls for gun control.....Like I said, it's not some Communist plot....it's the frustration and the fear of people who see their neighbors, friends and loved ones killed every day by criminals.

Maybe you should RE-READ my post. I'm saying you (assuming you are a law-abiding citizen) should be allowed to own as many and whatever type of gun you want. All you have to do is register them. That's not taking your guns away...that's actually doing away with stupid fucking laws that are totally ineffective.

Hell, I'd love to see a ballistics database....just in case a law-abiding citizen like yourself decides to go off the reservation and kills someone. Every gun sold should be test fired and the ballistic data recorded.

Yes you are a fucking idiot. When gun control laws came to be it did not make anyone one safe but the criminals.

Where does it say that? It only didn't say he was. Law abiding people do not break into other people's homes.

When the Poor steal, it's called crime.
When the Rich steal, it's called profits.

Yawn.

I can take it you've never been hungry in your life.

I have been. BUT, I've never broken into anyone's home. Had I, I would have expected anyone home might shoot my ass.

Have you ever had to defend yourself in a potentially lethal situation? Have you ever had to commit to deadly force to protect your wife from rape?
I have. Thankfully, I've not had to pull the trigger, but had I, I would sleep just fine.

Okay... but frankly, leaving a 12 year old alone in a house with a gun usually doesn't work out so well.

Gun Accidents Kill 500 Kids a Year | momlogic.com

Usually ? Millions of guns are in homes with kids.

So you are saying 500 kids are "acceptable losses"?

Death of children is not acceptable, nor optimal to coin a phrase, but neither is it anymore dangerous than any other inherently dangerous item such as a swimming pool and its realted mortaility rates.

How would people feel about this?

OK....first off....good for the girl. I'm glad she's OK and let me say that I support Gun rights in this country......OK.....onto my thought.

Many of our problems in this country with firearms is NOT with law abiding citizens. The Idea of banning guns....even assault weapons from these people is ludicrous. Sure...you get the occasional jealous husband, mentally unstable person going on a rampage, etc.....but by and large, gun violence in this country is perpetrated by criminals. So what I propose is this:

When we pull our troops out of Afghanistan, we use these battle hardened troops to confiscate all ILLEGAL weapons. Start on the East coast. Make an announcement first, so that people can either voluntarily turn them in, or get them registered. Then send in the troops to confiscate the ones that remain.

The violence in our inner cities is horrible, and these tough economic times makes it worse...crime becomes a reasonable option for more and more people in dire straights. Gangs rule many neighborhoods and hold good people hostage to their violence and intimidation. They are a direct threat to our people and I feel they should be fairly labeled as Domestic Terrorists.

To disarm people like this is not a violation of the second amendment, it is a matter of National Security and the protection of our people. Question.....where do you think most of the calls for gun bans come from? The good people of these crime ridden streets that see and live with this shit every day. They want it to end.....it's not some Commie plot.....it's people who live in these pockets of hell in our country.

I think that this would be a reasonable compromise between a "gun ban" and letting criminals kill rampantly for the sake of good, law abiding gun owners.

How do you go about that? First of all, Posse Comitatus prohibits using federal troops for domestic law enforcement. Secondly, will you be sending Law Enforcement Officers door to door, or setting up metal detectors at WalMart?

You tell me. I just threw out a proposal.....I think that, first and foremost, giving Gangs and organized crime the distinction of "Domestic Terrorists" would be the first step. These are not individual acts of crime....this is a segment of our society that puts good people in their path in a situation of fear for their lives on a daily basis. They've killed innumerable amounts of innocent lives, they recruit our children into their ranks, and they poison our people with the drugs they get people hooked on for free to create a long term market in the form of addiction.

Don't know what your getting at with the Walmart thing.

1) You really haven't demonstrated her life was in any danger.

2) We already know 12 year olds don't have the ability to really make that judgement. That's why little Sally can't go into the Gun Store and put her piggy-bank on the counter and say, "Give me a .38 special".

3) What kind of parents leave a 12 year old at home by herself?

Police felt she acted in fear of her life and her judgement proved adequate to save her life.

Okay... but frankly, leaving a 12 year old alone in a house with a gun usually doesn't work out so well.

This week, a toddler fatally shot himself after finding a gun in his parent's car. According to Jackson, Miss., authorities, the 3-year-old was sitting in the car at a gas station when he found the gun in the front seat and shot himself in the face. Police questioned the boy's parents, but no charges have been filed.

But these aren't freak accidents. More than 500 children die annually from accidental gunshots. Some shoot themselves, while others kill friends or siblings after discovering a gun.

USUALLY???? Are you saying most children left home alone with guns shoot themselves or others? Jeez, Joe!

[

I have been. BUT, I've never broken into anyone's home. Had I, I would have expected anyone home might shoot my ass.

Have you ever had to defend yourself in a potentially lethal situation? Have you ever had to commit to deadly force to protect your wife from rape?
I have. Thankfully, I've not had to pull the trigger, but had I, I would sleep just fine.

Yes, you are an internet tough guy, to be sure, Ernie.

But to the point, you guys made this fool out to be a hardened criminal, when he was just some loser trying to steal some food.

So he got his due to bad parenting... that's something.

[

USUALLY???? Are you saying most children left home alone with guns shoot themselves or others? Jeez, Joe!

Are you saying 500 child deaths are "acceptable" losses in your right to feel your false sense of security?

Fact is, most Americans don't need guns, and countries like Germany or Japan where private gun ownership is rare they have substatially lower crime rates.

They also don't let people become "homeless".

I find it amusing that rather than wanting to fix economic injustice, you would rather just have a pile of guns in the house to protect yourself from the consequences...

We become a bunch of apes with a club protecting our pile of stuff.

[

The guy you're defending as a 'poor, hungry, homeless person', that's what I'm talking about.

This guy ^^^ is the SAME GUY that got shot by the 12 year old.

This guy ^^^ is a sick, twisted perv.

I'm just sorry this guy ^^^ didn't get killed!

1) Except- 1 you didn't prove it was the same guy. Just that they had similar names.

2) Kind of sad how bloodthirsty some of you guys are.

Me, I'm horrified that we have homeless people. Or that we need to leave guns at home with our kids to protect ourselves from them.

You're afraid of Mormons too. I guess you're simply afraid that people who's political views differ from yours are protected by something called a Constitution

Yes you are a fucking idiot. When gun control laws came to be it did not make anyone one safe but the criminals.

Ummm....that's why I'm not calling for gun control laws. One of the rhetorical talking points of the NRA is "if you make guns illegal, then only criminals will have guns".....which is absolutely 100% correct.

What I am saying is make all guns legal and registered....then get rid of the illegal ones. Then only law abiding citizens will have guns, in fact.....they can have a hell of an arsenal.

Why are you protecting gang members? Inner city poor citizens don't matter to you?

1) Except- 1 you didn't prove it was the same guy. Just that they had similar names.

2) Kind of sad how bloodthirsty some of you guys are.

Me, I'm horrified that we have homeless people. Or that we need to leave guns at home with our kids to protect ourselves from them.

Same FULL name, same age, same town, same guy.

IDIOT.

Not really. But you keep telling yourself you is a Google Genuis, Cleetus.

Durant, Oklahoma has less than 16,000 residents. I'd say the odds are about 15,999 to 1.

EPIC IDIOT!

What I am saying is make all guns legal and registered....then get rid of the illegal ones. Then only law abiding citizens will have guns, in fact.....they can have a hell of an arsenal.

The gun is inanimate with no moral status.

Get rid of the illegal people who use guns immorally.

“part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.”
That's pretty weak language IMO.

Besides even in the old AWB legislation you would not lose your guns and your current guns would be "grandfathered". Your 12 guage or 22 is enough to protect your front door.

Romney's track record should worry you more regarding.

Spare me the fear of any gun regulation being the slippery slope to losing all our guns. I'm sure I'll still be shooting the same fully auto AK 47 I shot a couple months ago 4 years from now.

Fully auto, huh? Transfer stamp or class 3?

No idea. I suppose I could look it up and try to get a lie past you but I won't. They are my friends guns. He just lets me shoot them every once in a while when he comes around. It's kinda fun but not my thing. The amazing thing to me was how quick the clip goes. Nothing like in the movies.

Anyway - he is not worried about this presidency taking away his guns.

You had better ask your "friend", if, in fact he exists, if he has the necessary permits to own automatic weapons. The possession of illegal automatics will land you and him in prison for a L O N G time.

Usually ? Millions of guns are in homes with kids.

So you are saying 500 kids are "acceptable losses"?

I don't know, why don't you ask their PARENTS what they did or DIDN'T do to educate their children about guns?

Why don't you ask their parents why they leave a loaded handgun in a car within reach of a 3 year old?

[

You're afraid of Mormons too. I guess you're simply afraid that people who's political views differ from yours are protected by something called a Constitution

Well, it horrifies me that someone can start a con religion, use it as an excuse to have sex with dozens of women, including teenage girls, and 150 years with enough whitewash and bullshit, stupid people will go along with putting one of these cultists at the top of a national ticket.

Religion is something we need to outgrow as a species. Religion has never done anything good, not once, in human history.

but if you can't dismiss the obvious frauds like Mormonism, Scientology, etc.... how are we going to outgrow the ones that almost seem rational.

Forum List

Back