14 y.o. black intrudor shot and killed in Louisiana, white home owner arrested.

The language of the Race-Baiter and Fear-Monger.

I'll bet Jackson and Sharpton just love your particular type of Useful Tool.

It is incumbent upon the American People - indeed, ALL people of goodwill - to ignore such inflammatory rhetoric and to set aside knee-jerk reaction -caliber accusations of racism, in potentially controversial incidents such as this.

That's really a Unicorn Far Left kind of statement...

I'm just sayin' that Race-Baiters and Fear-Mongers come in all shapes and sizes and colors...

And that we need to begin ignoring them, as a nation...

Even when they're black...

I agree. It's time to start ignoring Obama and Eric Holder.

Nope...do some research.
Some of your examples flat out admit they shot at an angle. In fact this thread is full of the reasons you're wrong. You must have missed em.

Shooting a slug straight up will be no different then dropping it from a helicopter.

Something dropped from a helicopter is harmless?

Who knew.

LAPD uses "ShotSpotter" it uses sound to triangulate the location of the shooter.

Then they are arrested for a felony.

New technology helps police track down shots fired in county | abc7.com

"We know what goes up does come down and when it comes down it is not a pleasant set of circumstances," said L.A. County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas.

Last New Year's Eve the county received 156 reports of shots fired. The sheriff's department and the LAPD are teaming up to enforce the law this year, using technology to pinpoint where shots are fired.

L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca said the ShotSpotter Gunshot Location System technology is roughly 95 percent accurate. The system triangulates the sound of a gunshot. The location is sent to the dispatch center, alerting deputies even before residents call in. On Sunday night, the ShotSpotter tracked down a gunshot victim.

"Had we not been able to locate this person, because no one called 911, no one called emergency, this individual could have possibly died," said Sheriff Baca.

So far this year, shots-fired calls in L.A. city limits are down 43 percent, a trend LAPD Chief William Bratton hopes to continue.

"Last year we seized 45 weapons during the two-day period, December 31st through January 1st," said Chief Bratton.

Authorities aren't saying exactly where the new system is located but they remind everyone shooting a gun in the air is a felony and if you're caught it's punishable by one year in state prison.

Who knew.

LAPD uses "ShotSpotter" it uses sound to triangulate the location of the shooter.

"We know what goes up does come down and when it comes down it is not a pleasant set of circumstances," said L.A. County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas.

Last New Year's Eve the county received 156 reports of shots fired. The sheriff's department and the LAPD are teaming up to enforce the law this year, using technology to pinpoint where shots are fired.

L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca said the ShotSpotter Gunshot Location System technology is roughly 95 percent accurate. The system triangulates the sound of a gunshot. The location is sent to the dispatch center, alerting deputies even before residents call in. On Sunday night, the ShotSpotter tracked down a gunshot victim.

"Had we not been able to locate this person, because no one called 911, no one called emergency, this individual could have possibly died," said Sheriff Baca.

So far this year, shots-fired calls in L.A. city limits are down 43 percent, a trend LAPD Chief William Bratton hopes to continue.

"Last year we seized 45 weapons during the two-day period, December 31st through January 1st," said Chief Bratton.

Authorities aren't saying exactly where the new system is located but they remind everyone shooting a gun in the air is a felony and if you're caught it's punishable by one year in state prison.

When it weighs as little as say a 9mm slug yes.
Why you felt the need to post all the other none related crap I dont know.

I'm just sayin' that Race-Baiters and Fear-Mongers come in all shapes and sizes and colors...

That's hard to do. It takes all the Republicans in the House of Representatives and in the Senate to keep them from (1) Community organizing the country into a Marxist State complete with money redistributed by force and (2) Decimating the honor system by helping themselves and their cronies to all of America's money, redistributed into their own hands, and not into the hands of the poor as they claim whilst stacking up the armored cars at the gates of the Federal Reserve, the Treasury, and Fort Knox. *sigh*

I have a personal understanding that If they are in your house without your permission than you have the right to defend your property. If that is the case then the shooting was in defence of his property and family.. I hate to say it but I would have done the same thing if I were protecting my family..
Hate if you want it sounds justified to me

Nope...do some research.
Some of your examples flat out admit they shot at an angle. In fact this thread is full of the reasons you're wrong. You must have missed em.

Shooting a slug straight up will be no different then dropping it from a helicopter.

Who knew.

When it weighs as little as say a 9mm slug yes.
Why you felt the need to post all the other none related crap I dont know.

You are just the kind of person who finds themselves behind bars without ever knowing how they got there.

Good luck with that one. They are both up in your face blacks and they aren't going away today or tomorrow.

I have a personal understanding that If they are in your house without your permission than you have the right to defend your property. If that is the case then the shooting was in defence of his property and family.. I hate to say it but I would have done the same thing if I were protecting my family..
Hate if you want it sounds justified to me

Generally defending your property with deadly force is not allowed. Generally. I know not all states agree on that one. But if a stranger breaks into your house, generally the LAW PRESUMES that he is there to do you harm and you may use lethal force. Generally again. Some states require you to retreat in your own home.

I don't understand why people think someone entering a house to steal should be killed. Since when was the sentence for burglary execution?

It just seems an excuse to blow someone away. If someone plans to enter your house to burlarize it, you feel it is approproprite to kill that person. Whatever the law allows or doesn't allow as far as shooting anyone who enters your home unauthorized, why, as an individual, do you wish to kill the person? Why talk about shooting them through the head or turning their body into Swiss cheese?

For example, why couldn't the guy in the original post have simply fired a warning shot into the sky and warned the kid he was armed? Then lock up his home tight and call the police? Once the supposed burglar knows he has been spotted and that the potential victim is armed, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume he would leg it? Why kill him? And most importantly of all, why do so many posters who say they'd shoot him describe the potential experience of killing an intruder with such pleasure and relish?

The home owner did warn the thug when he said freeze. If the thug ran away at that point he likely would not have got shot because shooting in the back is a big no no unless he has done something real bad. But sounds like this thug turned toward him & grabbed waste area & got shot in the face.

He didn't warn the potential burglar he was armed. He didn't fire a warning shot. Saying freeze doesn't mean a threat of death. That seems part of the game, actually. If you warn someone you are armed or are going to shoot him, he might run away and cause you (not you specifically, but a generic you) to lose the chance of shooting him. It really does appear that most pro-gun people are anxious to kill someone, which, imo, doesn't make 'you' any better than the person you want to kill, i.e., a thug, at least at heart if not yet in action.

Do police warn people that they are armed? If they yell freeze and you move you get shot, the same rules should apply to everyone.

End of discussion.

The home owner did warn the thug when he said freeze. If the thug ran away at that point he likely would not have got shot because shooting in the back is a big no no unless he has done something real bad. But sounds like this thug turned toward him & grabbed waste area & got shot in the face.

Let's say you are the shooter. What are you going to say the about the kid? He Reached for something or not say he did. Of course you will say he reached for something, otherwise you just shot an unarmed kid because you were scared.
Good point. You can always say 'he reached for something,' and then it looks like you had a right to shoot, regardless of whether he actually did reach for something. One of the things that is notable is the total acceptance by the pro-gun people of whatever the shooter says: the story of the armed citizen is believed totally and w/o question every time. Why is that?

Could it be because the law actually requires the state to rove people are guilty of a crime?

Nah, that can't be it, we all must just hate everyone.

That's nonsense. I have no idea what the actual facts of this case are, but the right to use force to defend ourselves comes with reasonable restrictions. Trespassing doesn't warrant 'shoot-to-kill'. As others here have noted, if he'd actually tried breaking into the house, there's little dispute the homeowner would have been within his rights to shoot. But if all that happened here was the kid hopped a fence, I think blowing him away is little over the top, don't you?

At one am? I don't care if it was a kid or not, he had no right to be there and at that hour you can be damn certain he was not there to play checkers with the kids. I'm not going to let a thug enter my home, by then it might be too late. If he's got a problem being shot dead, well too fucking bad he shouldn't have been trespassing at odd hours of the night.

This isn't a race issue either. It's about one's right to defend himself and his family. When it comes to protect those I care about, I'm not going to open the door and play 20 questions with him.

You know, I misspoke. I said it was nonsense. But on reflection, I'd say it's cruel and insane.

And no, it's not an issue of race. My son's white, and I don't want to worry that if he hops the wrong fence some trigger happy fool amped up on Rambo films blows him away.

I suggest you teach him not to jump fences at 2 AM.

Yeah I found that one. Was kinda hoping for the actual vid,but that will do.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDB838Vi6hw"]Mythbusters Uncut: Bullets Fired Up Uncut - YouTube[/ame]

Looking for the actual episode but it's nowhere to be found.

I posted this earlier, it looks like the entire episode is at the link. The ground penetrator was the same as it was when they dropped the same size Bullets from a balloon.

MythBusters - S04E07 Bullets Fired Up - Watch Free Documentary Online - Discovery Channel, Jamie Hyneman, Adam Savage

"...One of the things that is notable is the total acceptance by the pro-gun people of whatever the shooter says: the story of the armed citizen is believed totally and w/o question every time. Why is that?"

Human nature.

On the one hand, you have the person forced to defend himself or his family.

On the other hand, you have the Perpetrator or Intruder.

Folks tend to gravitate towards goodness.

Or the choice between the two which seems closer to goodness.

It's an entirely understandable and reasonable Initial Reaction under such circumstances.

So long as folks remain open to revision under closer examination, human nature continues to serve us in good stead, in this context.

Noomi, how can you possibly argue that a trespasser enountered at 2AM wouldn't be preceived as a threat to someone?
If you would rather just call the police, that is your choice, but a man still has the right to defend his own home and family on his own. Attempting to call the police doesn't automatically mean you'll be safe. It still takes a lot of time for them to show up.

When such a thing happens, you have to assume the worse. The intruder might possibly have accomplices, and be armed. I don't think you have any idea how common home invasions are in the US. Armed men raid homes, rape and kill women, steal what they want. Of course our liberal media ignores these stories, because it does not fit into their progressive agenda.

Someone on your property at 2AM doesn't have good intentions. I can tell you if I ever see anyone on my property that late at night, I am getting my gun. Yes, I would probably call the police, but I would not simply hide in a closet and wait.

This man was a coworker of a friend of mine: Home invasion leads to fatal gunfight - San Antonio Express-News
Later on gang bangers did drive by shootings at his house in retaliation of him defending his own home.

I never said the kid wasn't a threat, but shooting him because you assume he had a weapon is just overkill, and not necessary, IMO.
The owner has reason to question why the hell someone has climbed over his fence and entered his property, but I consider it excessive that he could just shoot and severely injure someone because he assumed that the boy was planning to break into his home.

Perhaps its because I live in a country, and in an area where I don't have to concern myself with break ins. Who knows.

There are never any break ins in Australia? Why don't I believe that?

I can't believe someone thanked you for this stupid non sequitur. Actually I do believe it - the echo chamber and all.

Let's say you are the shooter. What are you going to say the about the kid? He Reached for something or not say he did. Of course you will say he reached for something, otherwise you just shot an unarmed kid because you were scared.
Good point. You can always say 'he reached for something,' and then it looks like you had a right to shoot, regardless of whether he actually did reach for something. One of the things that is notable is the total acceptance by the pro-gun people of whatever the shooter says: the story of the armed citizen is believed totally and w/o question every time. Why is that?

You are one of the stupidest posters I have ever encountered. You seriously believe when a bunch of thugs storm the door of an elderly couple and shoot them to death as happened in Paris TN about 3 years ago, that people believe he was in the right. You are one big fucking idiot. You are as slow as mud. When I encounter someone as dim witted as you, I wonder how you have managed to keep food on the table enough to keep you alive. Oh. That's right. I have worked and put it there. What WAS I thinking!

Last edited:
Looking for the actual episode but it's nowhere to be found.

it might be on the mythbuster site

It was a flawed episode. It was confirmed that if a bullet is not fired perfectly straight up it can arch over maintaining its spin preventing tumble. A spinning bullet will fall beyond fast enough to sink 1 foot into ballistics gel. That is more than lethal. A human is rarely able to fire straight up enough to prevent lethal bullet drop. It would have to be done on a rig. That means any warning shot will fall at lethal speed.

The episode was not flawd. I have no idea what angle where a bullet fired into the air will maintain enough velocity to remain lethal, but my guess is that it is a lot shallower than you think. I am willing to bet you right now that a bullet fired straight up will still be spinning when it hits the ground. It isn,t the spin that makes it lethal, it is the velocity. At some point even a bullet that is fired straight down will lose enough velocity to no longer be lethal.
Looking

I never said the kid wasn't a threat, but shooting him because you assume he had a weapon is just overkill, and not necessary, IMO.
The owner has reason to question why the hell someone has climbed over his fence and entered his property, but I consider it excessive that he could just shoot and severely injure someone because he assumed that the boy was planning to break into his home.

Perhaps its because I live in a country, and in an area where I don't have to concern myself with break ins. Who knows.

I can't believe someone thanked you for this stupid non sequitur. Actually I do believe it - the echo chamber and all.

She claimed she lives I a country where breakins are not a problem.

Last edited:
That's nonsense. I have no idea what the actual facts of this case are, but the right to use force to defend ourselves comes with reasonable restrictions. Trespassing doesn't warrant 'shoot-to-kill'. As others here have noted, if he'd actually tried breaking into the house, there's little dispute the homeowner would have been within his rights to shoot. But if all that happened here was the kid hopped a fence, I think blowing him away is little over the top, don't you?

At one am? I don't care if it was a kid or not, he had no right to be there and at that hour you can be damn certain he was not there to play checkers with the kids. I'm not going to let a thug enter my home, by then it might be too late. If he's got a problem being shot dead, well too fucking bad he shouldn't have been trespassing at odd hours of the night.

This isn't a race issue either. It's about one's right to defend himself and his family. When it comes to protect those I care about, I'm not going to open the door and play 20 questions with him.

You know, I misspoke. I said it was nonsense. But on reflection, I'd say it's cruel and insane.

And no, it's not an issue of race. My son's white, and I don't want to worry that if he hops the wrong fence some trigger happy fool amped up on Rambo films blows him away.

Wrong fence?????

Like he intended to rob the house next door and hopped the wrong fence? That kind of wrong fence?

How would you feel if it was your son that got shot?

How would you feel if your son got shot during the commission of a burglary while he was awaiting trial for a previous burglary?

She claimed she lives I a country where breaking are not a problem.

Household burglary is one of the most widespread crimes in Australia – with around 335,700 break-ins recorded in 2009-10. Money is most commonly stolen (19 per cent) followed by jewellery (18 per cent), with other items such as firearms also taken from homes. Australians are wary of this crime with around 36 per cent believing their house is likely to be burgled in the forthcoming year. Steps can be taken to prevent homes from being burgled using a range of practical burglary prevention guides available on this webpage.

Australian Institute of Criminology - Household burglary

Why is it some parents take the death of a child as a cue to brag about their own parenting abilities? Good for you buddy! Why don't you send the victim's mother a letter telling her what an awesome parent you are? Jeez, no one gives a shit you think you're awesome.

Believing you can predict your kids' behavior can be a serious miscalculation. With that attitude its almost certain that one of them will get into drugs. Don't worry, you'll probably never even realize it.

[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION]..... This one is for you.

[MENTION=20497]Zona[/MENTION]

Yeah, that's how little you know. You and all the other ghetto rats who just turn them loose on the streets. It is a belief amongst most whites that when you raise children, you stay with them, you keep them involved and you stay involved with them. You idiot. I have raised children alone, and they weren't juvenile delinquents. In fact, they were going to take me in when it looked like I wouldn't be able to care for myself. They were very active in school, in academic club, band, etc. And I along with them. I have seen people like you every day. People like you who won't put down the crack pipe or quit fucking everything that walks down the sidewalk long enough to look after their children, then they can't figure for the life of them why their kids are delinquents. When you have a child, you sign on for the long term. You sacrifice your OWN life so that child learns to be civilized, obviously something you are not since you just climbed down out of the trees yourself. If you want your children to turn out well you don't just keep fucking anything and everything and punching out as many as you can get on your Medicaid card. You are nothing but a lazy ghetto sleaze bag if you believe what is in that post you tagged for me.
"Why is it some parents take the death of a cild as a cue to brag about their own parenting abilities?" You went from that to calling me a monkey. This is the epic [MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] meltdown we have all been waiting for. :)

Forum List

Back