14 year old learns the color of his skin is more important than the content of his character

Sooo, there is more to the story...
A statement from the school-
Leslie Weaver with the Irving Independent School District said that there is a lot more to the story. “If the family in question would like to give us written permission, we would be more than happy to be able to share a more balanced story,” explained Weaver.

The Irving ISD also released a statement on the incident, saying:

School officials have been cooperating fully with the police investigation, and while privacy laws prevent us from sharing specific details about student discipline, we can assure everyone that school administrators are handling the situation in accordance with the Irving ISD Student Code of Conduct and applicable laws.

14-Year-Old Irving Student Arrested For Making Clock Mistaken For Bomb

Here comes theh smear. "He once pee pee'd his pants....JUST SAYIN" and this kid did nothing wrong. Now they are trying to erase their fuck up by trying to make the story about him and not their actions or this scenario"
No, it is those of you that think it should have just been ignored that have set out to reframe it from the getgo, rather than face the reality of it in todays world.

[...]

The kid had been part of an electronics/robotics club in middle school. He was new to the highschool and wanted to show what he could do for his engineering teacher. So he took 20 minutes and put this clock together.
That's very nice.

If this boy's name was Hans rather than Ahmed, and if he had blue eyes, blond hair and wore a crucifix, this issue would not have arisen. But right now there is a very different reality in America and elsewhere in the world. It is a reality brought forth by massive terrorist attacks, televised beheadings, pronouncements of murderous hatred and vows to kill all "infidels."

For Americans to simply ignore this reality for the sake of Political Correctness would be stupidly naive.

Here's the problem: no one thought it was a bomb. You can tell by the lack of a bomb squad or the evacuation of the school. I can wrap my head around the clock being confiscated. But the kid being arrested? That was a big bucket of 'what the actual fuck'?

Is it not true, such a device could be used as a detonator, used to trigger explosives elsewhere?
NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

After taking a homemade clock to school, Irving MacArthur High student Ahmed Mohamed, 14, was taken in handcuffs to juvenile detention. Police say they may charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock.

snip*

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

“She was like, it looks like a bomb,” he said.

“I told her, ‘It doesn’t look like a bomb to me.’”

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name — one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

“They were like, ‘So you tried to make a bomb?’” Ahmed said.

“I told them no, I was trying to make a clock.”

“He said, ‘It looks like a movie bomb to me.’”

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Heres the best part.....They are STILL INVESTIGATING THE CLOCK!!

So this device was for a class project ?

The kid had been part of an electronics/robotics club in middle school. He was new to the highschool and wanted to show what he could do for his engineering teacher. So he took 20 minutes and put this clock together.

'Hilarity' ensued.

No more so than any wrist watch, cell phone, tablet, electronic device. Actually, less. As this had no battery. It plugged into the wall.

Which is why the IED narrative is so wildly insane. As we'd have to make the same argument about every iPod.

So, how did it ring in another class if it had no battery and was not plugged in?
Is it not true, such a device could be used as a detonator, used to trigger explosives elsewhere?
NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

After taking a homemade clock to school, Irving MacArthur High student Ahmed Mohamed, 14, was taken in handcuffs to juvenile detention. Police say they may charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock.

snip*

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name — one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

'Hilarity' ensued.

No more so than any wrist watch, cell phone, tablet, electronic device. Actually, less. As this had no battery. It plugged into the wall.

Which is why the IED narrative is so wildly insane. As we'd have to make the same argument about every iPod.

So, how did it ring in another class if it had no battery and was not plugged in?
NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

snip*

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

'Hilarity' ensued.

How is it an IED if it doesn't have a detonator or explosives?

And many of us have stated we felt there was an over reaction. Glad to see you at least come around to it should have at least been confiscated.
[...]

That's very nice.

If this boy's name was Hans rather than Ahmed, and if he had blue eyes, blond hair and wore a crucifix, this issue would not have arisen. But right now there is a very different reality in America and elsewhere in the world. It is a reality brought forth by massive terrorist attacks, televised beheadings, pronouncements of murderous hatred and vows to kill all "infidels."

For Americans to simply ignore this reality for the sake of Political Correctness would be stupidly naive.

Here's the problem: no one thought it was a bomb. You can tell by the lack of a bomb squad or the evacuation of the school. I can wrap my head around the clock being confiscated. But the kid being arrested? That was a big bucket of 'what the actual fuck'?

Do you believe that teacher-not a science teacher-took time to think of that before reporting it?
And how did it ring, if it was indeed corded? You avoided that question of your statement saying it was corded.

'Hilarity' ensued.

How is it an IED if it doesn't have a detonator or explosives?

And many of us have stated we felt there was an over reaction. Glad to see you at least come around to it should have at least been confiscated.

And by 'come around', you mean argued that I'd have been fine with that since the beginning?

IEDs require explosive as well.
Where's the explosives imbecile?

A Improvised Explosive Device, does not become less than an IED, where the device lacks only the explosives, IMBECILE!

FACT: In any US Combat Zone... that same "Device" held by the same kid, would provide any US Operator the with sound justification to unzip his head.

Now you feel that despite this, it's perfectly fine for a Young Muslim Male to be carrying one around in a US Public School.

Which is all anyone needs to know about YOU, to know that YOU are part of "THE PROBLEM".

A Improvised Explosive Device, does not become less than an IED, where the device lacks only the explosives, IMBECILE!

^^
The absolute dumbest post I have ever seen.

FACT: In any US Combat Zone... that same "Device" held by the same kid, would provide any US Operator the with sound justification to unzip his head.

Now you feel that despite this, it's perfectly fine for a Young Muslim Male to be carrying one around in a US Public School.

Which is all anyone needs to know about YOU, to know that YOU are part of "THE PROBLEM".

^^

Its just batshit crazy. Quite literally insane.

Did you state that? If so, I missed it.
And once again, no answer to my question of how it rang, if it was just corded.

And by 'come around', you mean argued that I'd have been fine with that since the beginning?

Sooo, there is more to the story...
A statement from the school-
Leslie Weaver with the Irving Independent School District said that there is a lot more to the story. “If the family in question would like to give us written permission, we would be more than happy to be able to share a more balanced story,” explained Weaver.

The Irving ISD also released a statement on the incident, saying:

School officials have been cooperating fully with the police investigation, and while privacy laws prevent us from sharing specific details about student discipline, we can assure everyone that school administrators are handling the situation in accordance with the Irving ISD Student Code of Conduct and applicable laws.

14-Year-Old Irving Student Arrested For Making Clock Mistaken For Bomb

Here comes theh smear. "He once pee pee'd his pants....JUST SAYIN" and this kid did nothing wrong. Now they are trying to erase their fuck up by trying to make the story about him and not their actions or this scenario"
No, it is those of you that think it should have just been ignored that have set out to reframe it from the getgo, rather than face the reality of it in todays world.

What the word salad are you talking about?

^^

It require a very special kind of retard to insist that a device ENTIRELY INCAPABLE of exploding--one with NO EXPLOSIVE CAPABILITY what-so-ever--is still some kind of explosive device ... just because it's in the possession of someone who subscribes to the Muslim faith.

Since you have been practically begging for this, here you go:

Yet, it was a device which was comprised of 4 of the 5 essential elements of an Improvised Explosive Device, absent only the explosives, to make it a bomb.
I'll just bet that every toaster on the planet is also "comprised of 4 of the 5 essential elements of an Improvised Explosive Device". Am I right, Cupcake?

Of course I am.

The fact of he matter is, there is only ONE essential element of an Improvised Explosive Device... namely the explosives. Without the explosives, your "IED" is just a toaster (or a clock, as the case my be).

The device in question had of NONE of the "essential elements" of an Improvised Explosive Device.

The reality of which was readily and immediately apparent to every bigoted and hysterical teacher, school administrator and police officer who examined it.

None of those asshats saw a bomb or an IED (as you would so stupidly have it); they saw an opportunity to harass and bully a brown-skinned Muslim boy, and nothing else.

They were ENTIRELY unconcerned with the safety and well-being of any of the students in their charge, or themselves for that matter... their PRIMARY OBJECTIVE was to exercise their bigotry.

Otherwise, they'd have evacuated the building. They'd have called the bomb squad.

That's what they'd have done if someone called and said there was a bomb. You see Cupcake, the suspicion of an explosive device--unsubstantiated by the presence of said device--would have triggered both of those actions in the interest of safety.

Yet the actual presence of a device--a device that you and every other retarded bigot are now desperately trying to convince us was sufficiently "bomb like" to raise a safety concern--was ENTIRELY IGNORED in favor of harrassing and bullying a brown-skinned muslim boy.

You retarded bigots PROVED your ENTHUSIASTIC WILLINGNESS to SACRIFICE YOURSELVES and OUR CHILDREN to your irrational desire to attack a 14 year old muslim boy with brown skin.

The "Incident" set a Young Muslim Male carrying an Improvised Explosive Device into a US Public School;...
This never happened Princess... there was no IED. A truth apparent from the very moment this kid showed his clock to his teacher.

Yet according to your retarded logic, every toaster on the planet should be considered an IED... for the sole purpose of harassing and bullying brown skinned and/or muslim boys as the opportunity presents. Correct Cupcake?

What could possibly go wrong with that reasoning? There could not be any unwanted or dangerous consequences from harassing and bullying brown skinned and/or muslim boys, at every opportunity, out of your retarded and irrational fear of all things brown-skinned and/or muslim.

... which on any street in any US Combat zone would have set any US Operator as justified in popping his Young Muslim Male cork.
1) The "incident" did not occur in any "US Combat Zone" at all... making your ENTIRE point irrelevant.

2) Even if this incident had occurred in some "US Combat Zone", a US Operator who killed a boy carrying a toaster would be arrested, prosecuted, and found guilty of murder. Such action is still illegal in a "US Combat Zone"; killing a child for possessing a toaster is cowardly, and dishonorable, and contrary to mission, ... and it is still murder.

The expected result of the exercise was to set the under-dog black teen as the perennial victim of the overbearing "RIGHT WING!".
This is nonsense.

I will admit though, this incident certainly did have the effect of providing all you hysterical bigots with the opportunity to self-identify yourselves as you ran around in your summer bonnets and little pink booties screaming, "OH NOES, AYRABS!!!! AYYYYYYYYYY-RABS!!!!" at the tops of your stupid lungs.

It's not a right vs left thing at all, really. This is about rational decency vs bigoted hysteria.

The fact that much of the "overbearing RIGHT WING(TM)" subscribe to a superstition that is in direct competition with the Islamic superstition is important, yet it is irrelevant to the right vs left trope due to the fact that the dopey LEFT WING has it's own cadre of idiots that share the same retarded bigotry... and it is OBVIOUS that the exercising that bigotry is what that kid was subjected to.

The actual result is that it has set the Ideological Left as defending Young Muslim Males bringing IEDs INTO US PUBLIC SCHOOLS!
Just more hysterical screaming from our precious little Princess.

Sing it again, Sis! "OH NOES, AYRABS!!!! AYYYYYYYYYY-RABS!!!!"

And Reader, there is absolutely NO POTENTIAL DOWNSIDE TO THAT! As, it is only a matter of time before Islam is in the US using IEDs... and when that happens, we; the Americans, will simply turn to this incident and set it up as evidence that there is no distinction between the Ideological Left and Islam and having established such, the justification that is used to remove Islam from the US will be the same one to remove the Ideological Left from the US.
I hate to break in to you Cupcake, but your retarded bigotry has your equation all backward--the idological right and Islam SHARE all the essential elements of intolerant theocratic statists. You asshats ARE ISIS and Al-Qaeda--just dressed up in a competing superstition; espousing a competing bigotry.

Your self-absorbed bigotry not only indicts you, but it proves to be an impenetrable blockade to any kind of self-awareness that would allow you perform the necessary reality-check you so desperately need to bring a factually valid and rational point to bear; and more importantly to have the realization that you are not in opposition to the problem... YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

I believe there was over reaction all the way around, but tell me, were they just to assume it was innocent and take the risk it wasn't, as I doubt there were experts on the scene at the time, you know.

It doesn't huh?

What the fuck is gonna explode, without explosives?

Moron...
They were expert enough to realize IMMEDIATELY that it was NOT a bomb.

If they thought otherwise--if they were to consider it a potential threat, rather than "...just to assume it was innocent and take the risk it wasn't,..", then they would have evacuated the school, and then they (or the police thereafter) would have summoned the bomb squad.

But that did not happen.

That did not happen because it was immediately apparent that the device was harmless.

Let's look at whose son this is, Imam Mohamed Elhassan-
Muslim at Koran ‘trial’ says he didn’t know the holy book would be burned
Irving resident makes his second bid for election as President of Sudan
Bashir Seen Winning Sudan Re-Election as Opposition Split
Mohammed al-Hassan, a businessman who represents the National Reform Party, has the most ambitious agenda of al-Bashir’s competitors. A dual U.S.-Sudanese national, he’s pledged that within 100 days of being elected he’ll negotiate the lifting of sanctions the U.S. imposed in the late 1990s because of alleged sponsorship of terrorism.

appears to me, to be a setup.

^^

It require a very special kind of retard to insist that a device ENTIRELY INCAPABLE of exploding--one with NO EXPLOSIVE CAPABILITY what-so-ever--is still some kind of explosive device ... just because it's in the possession of someone who subscribes to the Muslim faith.

You're wrong. An IED without explosive material....is nothing but a gun without bullets.

So if Billy Ray wanted to bring his AR15 to class....but without bullets....would you say it's OK since the gun is INCAPABLE of shooting without bullets?

Or....maybe Bubba can wrap a watch around the stock of his rifle and call it a "cool clock".

You're right. It was not a bomb and no knowledgeable individual thought it was because it contained no explosive material. But its appearance can easily, and correctly, be perceived as one primary component of a timed explosive device.

If Ahmed had shown this device to his teachers fifteen years ago he would have been complimented and patted on the head. But then came 9/11/01, et al, and life in America has changed. When I come in contact with Muslims today my perception of them is different from what it once was. If I were seated on a plane waiting for take-off and an obvious Muslim boarded I would not take my eyes off him for two seconds. And I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Forum List

Back