14 year old learns the color of his skin is more important than the content of his character

I find the level of sheer incompetent retardation shown by all involved in this incident very alarming. Sure it's Texas but you would think that the boy's teacher would surely recognize what it was and back the boy up. The police response was just completely retarded.

It's a case with scrap electronic parts. Nothing more. Certainly isn't a bomb. I think by definition a bomb requires explosives.

29491-ahmed-1442492262-787-640x480.jpg

No explosives, no bomb. Just moron adults.
The kid is obviously a nerd who was excited to show his teacher what he made but instead was thrown under the bus. I hope his family moves to an area where he can get support for his intellectual pursuits rather than unwarranted suspicion.

All IEDs are 'just scraps of electronics... '.

But hey... In your defense, as an imbecile, there is NO WAY you could have known that.

All IEDs are 'just scraps of electronics... '.

But hey... In your defense, as an imbecile, there is NO WAY you could have known that.

IEDs require explosive as well.
Where's the explosives imbecile?

A Improvised Explosive Device, does not become less than an IED, where the device lacks only the explosives, IMBECILE!

FACT: In any US Combat Zone... that same "Device" held by the same kid, would provide any US Operator the with sound justification to unzip his head.

Now you feel that despite this, it's perfectly fine for a Young Muslim Male to be carrying one around in a US Public School.

Which is all anyone needs to know about YOU, to know that YOU are part of "THE PROBLEM".

A Improvised Explosive Device, does not become less than an IED, where the device lacks only the explosives, IMBECILE!

FACT: In any US Combat Zone... that same "Device" held by the same kid, would provide any US Operator the with sound justification to unzip his head.

Now you feel that despite this, it's perfectly fine for a Young Muslim Male to be carrying one around in a US Public School.

Which is all anyone needs to know about YOU, to know that YOU are part of "THE PROBLEM".

You're still going on with your IED fantasy? A wrist watch is not an IED. Nor is a homemade clock. You may not be able to understand the difference between a clock and a bomb.....but a rational person could.

You're quite simply insane.

I believe there was over reaction all the way around, but tell me, were they just to assume it was innocent and take the risk it wasn't, as I doubt there were experts on the scene at the time, you know.

It doesn't huh?

What the fuck is gonna explode, without explosives?

Moron...

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

After taking a homemade clock to school, Irving MacArthur High student Ahmed Mohamed, 14, was taken in handcuffs to juvenile detention. Police say they may charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock.

snip*

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

“She was like, it looks like a bomb,” he said.

“I told her, ‘It doesn’t look like a bomb to me.’”

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name — one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

“They were like, ‘So you tried to make a bomb?’” Ahmed said.

“I told them no, I was trying to make a clock.”

“He said, ‘It looks like a movie bomb to me.’”

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Heres the best part.....They are STILL INVESTIGATING THE CLOCK!!

So this device was for a class project ?

You're still going on with your IED fantasy? A wrist watch is not an IED. Nor is a homemade clock. You may not be able to understand the difference between a clock and a bomb.....but a rational person could.

You're quite simply insane.

Woo-hoo! My 5000th rating! Thank you Pogo!

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

After taking a homemade clock to school, Irving MacArthur High student Ahmed Mohamed, 14, was taken in handcuffs to juvenile detention. Police say they may charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock.

snip*

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name — one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

The kid had been part of an electronics/robotics club in middle school. He was new to the highschool and wanted to show what he could do for his engineering teacher. So he took 20 minutes and put this clock together.

'Hilarity' ensued.

[...]
I guess in sum my question settles to this:

-- Who's more in the wrong... the Composition Fallacists who concoct these blanket bigot statements in the first place.... or the kid who (we speculate) called them out to mock those fallacies? For if our speculation is sound, the latter would not have existed without the former preceding it.
It appears you are having difficulty with accepting a certain reality, which is this:
The emergence of openly pronounced murderous hatred of "infidels" (non-Muslims) by radical Islamic jihadists, affirmed by numerous terrorist acts beginning with the 9/11 attack, has understandably imparted an atmosphere of latent suspicion where Muslims are concerned. This dormant suspicion is awakened by actions or circumstances such as this boy's creation, which is easily perceived as the component of a timed explosive device.

There is no question that if this boy were not a Muslim that suspicion would not have been awakened. But to regard this suspicion as a form of ethnic prejudice is a nonsensical refusal to accept an unfortunate reality.

The suspicion affecting Muslims in America is comparable to the suspicion which affected the Irish in England during the IRA bombings. Of course all Muslims are not jihadist terrorists but can you tell us how to know for sure who is and who isn't?

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

snip*

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

The "class project" element has been added to the story to try and add credence to the claim it all had innocent intent. The only thing any child in the school should have been carrying that day is school supplies.

He made it over the weekend. Showed his science teacher, who said he shouldn't show it to any other teachers. Well, in a later class it actually rang in his bag, and she is the one that brought it to the attention of the principal, etc.
NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

snip*

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Is it not true, such a device could be used as a detonator, used to trigger explosives elsewhere?
NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

snip*

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

The kid had been part of an electronics/robotics club in middle school. He was new to the highschool and wanted to show what he could do for his engineering teacher. So he took 20 minutes and put this clock together.

'Hilarity' ensued.

[...]
I guess in sum my question settles to this:

-- Who's more in the wrong... the Composition Fallacists who concoct these blanket bigot statements in the first place.... or the kid who (we speculate) called them out to mock those fallacies? For if our speculation is sound, the latter would not have existed without the former preceding it.
It appears you are having difficulty with accepting a certain reality, which is this:
The emergence of openly pronounced murderous hatred of "infidels" (non-Muslims) by radical Islamic jihadists, affirmed by numerous terrorist acts beginning with the 9/11 attack, has understandably imparted an atmosphere of latent suspicion where Muslims are concerned. This dormant suspicion is awakened by actions or circumstances such as this boy's creation, which is easily perceived as the component of a timed explosive device.

There is no question that if this boy were not a Muslim that suspicion would not have been awakened. But to regard this suspicion as a form of ethnic prejudice is a nonsensical refusal to accept an unfortunate reality.

The suspicion affecting Muslims in America is comparable to the suspicion which affected the Irish in England during the IRA bombings. Of course all Muslims are not jihadist terrorists but can you tell us how to know for sure who is and who isn't?
Actually there are many who believe that if the boy had not been Muslim at least as much would have happened as far as arrest and handcuffing, it just would have lacked the CAIR organized protest and the media outrage. If that kid would have been a redneck he would still be in lockup.

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

snip*

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

The "class project" element has been added to the story to try and add credence to the claim it all had innocent intent. The only thing any child in the school should have been carrying that day is school supplies.

It doesnt matter if it was a class project or not....You dont have to add credence to a claim hes innocent because HE'S INNOCENT!

You guys are now talking about this like the police did. Asking what it is...and then asking about bombs out of thin air

[...]

That's very nice.

If this boy's name was Hans rather than Ahmed, and if he had blue eyes, blond hair and wore a crucifix, this issue would not have arisen. But right now there is a very different reality in America and elsewhere in the world. It is a reality brought forth by massive terrorist attacks, televised beheadings, pronouncements of murderous hatred and vows to kill all "infidels."

For Americans to simply ignore this reality for the sake of Political Correctness would be stupidly naive.

Sooo, there is more to the story...
A statement from the school-
Leslie Weaver with the Irving Independent School District said that there is a lot more to the story. “If the family in question would like to give us written permission, we would be more than happy to be able to share a more balanced story,” explained Weaver.

The Irving ISD also released a statement on the incident, saying:

School officials have been cooperating fully with the police investigation, and while privacy laws prevent us from sharing specific details about student discipline, we can assure everyone that school administrators are handling the situation in accordance with the Irving ISD Student Code of Conduct and applicable laws.

14-Year-Old Irving Student Arrested For Making Clock Mistaken For Bomb

He made it over the weekend. Showed his science teacher, who said he shouldn't show it to any other teachers. Well, in a later class it actually rang in his bag, and she is the one that brought it to the attention of the principal, etc.
NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

snip*

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

He made it for school the night before in twenty minutes. His intended audience does seem to be the english teacher as he stated, ""I built a clock to impress my teacher but when I showed it to her, she thought it was a threat to her. It was really sad that she took the wrong impression of it." Supposedly he had to take it out of his bag when it started beeping. Some say it was a hourly chime but since I have never known an alarm clock with an hourly chime I suspect that the chime explanation has been added to the story as was the "school project" element. This means that he had to have either intentionally or accidentally set the alarm to go off in english class. Seeing how he probably did not have any power to the clock while assembling it he would have had to set the alarm with the clock in the state it is pictured. That might be the only impressive act in the whole endeavour.

Sooo, there is more to the story...
A statement from the school-
Leslie Weaver with the Irving Independent School District said that there is a lot more to the story. “If the family in question would like to give us written permission, we would be more than happy to be able to share a more balanced story,” explained Weaver.

The Irving ISD also released a statement on the incident, saying:

School officials have been cooperating fully with the police investigation, and while privacy laws prevent us from sharing specific details about student discipline, we can assure everyone that school administrators are handling the situation in accordance with the Irving ISD Student Code of Conduct and applicable laws.

14-Year-Old Irving Student Arrested For Making Clock Mistaken For Bomb

Here comes theh smear. "He once pee pee'd his pants....JUST SAYIN" and this kid did nothing wrong. Now they are trying to erase their fuck up by trying to make the story about him and not their actions or this scenario"

Forum List

Back