148,000 jobs added in December

U.S. Added 148,000 Jobs in December; Unemployment at 4.1%

That ends the year with an average number of jobs per month added at 171,000. The lowest monthly average since 2010.

Which even CNN admits is common the longer a period of economic expansion continues.

December jobs report: U.S. economy added 2 million jobs in 2017

The United States added almost 3 million jobs in 2014, 2.7 million in 2015 and 2.2 million in 2016. That trend is what's expected in such a long economic expansion. As unemployment moves to historic lows, job gains eventually slow down.

If CNN even admits this is common.....

But according to you Trump zealots, there was no expansion till the day that Trump took office. You cannot have it both ways

Please quote me exactly saying that or retract your statement.

I am not a Trump Zealot, he was the lesser of two evils at the time of voting that has pleasantly surprised me with his policies so far.

Figures you leftards have a problem with helping Americans having more money.

Were YOU one of the morons who asked GOPers in congress to get a %1.5 TRILLION loan so that you could get a few hundred dollars per year (while giving almost 80% to the wealthy)????

Was THAT your wish from congress??? Get us a loan???

That is because unemployment is now at the baseline, dufus.

So, what the fuck was the reason for the tax scam....supposedly passed to CREATE more jobs?
I pray Democrats run with the tax breaks are bad agenda.

The difference between me and you Trump zealots is that I want my kids and grandkids to be able to keep their own money and you want to take it from them so you can have an average of 23 bucks a week extra in your paycheck.

That is because unemployment is now at the baseline, dufus.

So, what the fuck was the reason for the tax scam....supposedly passed to CREATE more jobs?
I pray Democrats run with the tax breaks are bad agenda.

The difference between me and you Trump zealots is that I want my kids and grandkids to be able to keep their own money and you want to take it from them so you can have an average of 23 bucks a week extra in your paycheck.

That ship sailed a long time ago with under-funded pensions at the State level in many Blue States.

Government can always reduce its spending, horrifying, I know.

Were YOU one of the morons who asked GOPers in congress to get a %1.5 TRILLION loan so that you could get a few hundred dollars per year (while giving almost 80% to the wealthy)????

obamas first budget doubled the national debt.
Obama increased the debt 87%. Even discounting what came from bushs bad decision, that still leaves around a 50% increase.
Where were you?

There are so many jobs around here places like manpower(people that handle temporary workers for companies) are having job fairs every week.

That's because there is an imbalance between labor DEMAND and labor SUPPLY (which is not at all unusual for this point in the business cycle), it's the effect of structural unemployment where the skills of available labor don't match what's being demanded by employers. Normally such a situation would result in more rapid wage growth (as businesses compete for labor with skills that match what they're demanding), however we're not (and haven't been for a long time) seeing accelerating wage growth which has a lot of people scratching their heads.

IMHO if you look at the BLS JOLT data it gives you a better picture since you can see unfilled job openings and turn over (frictional unemployment) and get a clearer sense of what's actually going on in the labor market.

yes it can, but it never happens as neither party that controls our government has any vested interest in reducing spending. Both parties spend like drunken sailors on shore leave, the only difference is what the spend it on.

yes it can, but it never happens as neither party that controls our government has any vested interest in reducing spending. Both parties spend like drunken sailors on shore leave, the only difference is what the spend it on.

Lets see what happens when the budget for 2018-2019 comes out in the spring.

obamas first budget doubled the national debt.
Obama increased the debt 87%. Even discounting what came from bushs bad decision, that still leaves around a 50% increase.
Where were you?

And you Trump zealots were crying about it. Now the debt does not matter at all. Party before country!

Lets see what happens when the budget for 2018-2019 comes out in the spring.

I predict it will not be smaller than the budget for 2017-2018. Would you like to put a wager on it?

Forum List

Back