🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

$15.00 an hour? For WHAT????!!!

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind

These people need to be forced to write an essay on what it is they do that requires such a HIGH rate of wage/pay!!! All they do is STAND THERE and watch a burger machine do all their work for them! All THEY DO is wrap the burger and shove it in a bag! Other fast food just has people STANDING there, watching food cook. And even others just stand there in front of a prep table putting a hamburger patty on a bun and sticking fries in a baggie. EXACTLY WHAT about this requires $15.00 an hour??

They want to go union? LET THEM GO UNION!!! Boy, they will find out REEEAAAALLLL FAST how corrupt and useless Unions are!!! And just like all criminal organizations.......ONCE YOU ARE IN, THERE IS NO GETTING OUT!!! They have access to your paycheck, they don't give a shit about anything else.

Most of these people aren't even LEGAL in the first place!

I started at minimum wage, worked my ass off for DECADES to get to $15.00 an hour, until Obozo stagnated wages all across the country!!! Am **I** going to get a wage adjustment if federal minimum wage goes up to $15.00 an hour? HELL FUCKING NO!!! Which means, I'm STUCK at MINIMUM WAGE AGAIN.......and fucked over, once again, by the government!!!!

It’s a slap in the face to the CNAs I work with, who help nursing home residents stay alive, that burger flippers can start out at McDonalds making as much as they do.

if minimum raise is raised that much, they should be raised accordingly so that their wages are substantially higher than fast food workers.

When you raise the minimum wage all that happens is everything gets more expensive. Once the minimum wage is applied to the vast majority of the country two things happen.

1 anyone who knows anything about running a business knows your number one expense is employees. So they will have to either cut staff to break even, or raise prices.

2 companies see all the average people are now making a guaranteed larger sum of money they will raise prices because they know average people have more money.

A rise in minimum wage is great for those people for a short period of time. But after a year that wage means nothing because prices have increased to match it.

Even if you made minimum wage 30 bucks an hour it won't do any good because a loaf of bread will cost 17 dollars.

If people want more money they need to earn it. Go to school, stick with a company and learn, start your own company, show some ambition, and actually work for it.

It’s a slap in the face to the CNAs I work with, who help nursing home residents stay alive, that burger flippers can start out at McDonalds making as much as they do.

if minimum raise is raised that much, they should be raised accordingly so that their wages are substantially higher than fast food workers.
Which is likely what will happen over time and will devalue any short-term increase in pay those making minimum wage will see. An hour of unskilled labor is worth the same today as it was 1000 years ago, devaluing the money we use to represent that labor so the individual feels better about it doesn't make their life any better in the long term

Rules of economics: When you raise the price of anything significantly over its economic value,
  1. The consumers of that item will use less of it (hours cut, staff cuts).
  2. The consumers of that item will seek out alternatives (automation, do business on line).
  3. A "black market" will be created (people working under the table, often illegals).
It doesn't matter whether it is potato chips or employees; the principles always hold.

Those jobs do not need to be done. But the places are hiring. And they're using the fake news labor shortage as their battle cry. People who were working but eligible to retire have retired. And they are smart enough to stay home. It's a great thing.

I'll tell you straight-up I'd much rather lift a spatula than some elderly person in a nursing home or rehab center for $15.00 a hour.....And that bears a close look at our upside down labor market.

Thing is they can't even get enough over-paid burger-flippers to hang in there long enough for the FF eateries to keep their lobbies open except maybe for the morning shift in my AO.

Almost all of our fast food places in my area fired all the order takers and put in kiosks. If you try to have a person take your order you'll stand there forever waiting on service. This is a DIRECT RESULT of the demand to be paid more than the job is worth.
Reap what you sow

People complain that they want $15.00 per hour to make a living wage. The problem is that you aren't meant to make a living as a burger flipper or fast-food table wiper. Such jobs are meant to be temporary, as you are expected to get out there and improve yourself.
As for paying employees $15.00 per hour, it cuts into company profit and thus they have to cut the work hours to continue making a profit, which is what happened in Seattle. The employees ended up making less as the hours were cut back.
The bottom line is that to provide a service (restaurant, fast-food joint, shoe repair, plumbing, et cetera), a company has to make a profit and if a large increase in employee pay cuts into that profit, that means cutbacks in hours or manpower.

I have to agree and believe minimum wage should be on a scaled wage system…

Burger flippers that do not own their own restaurant shouldn’t be paid fifteen an hour but a CNA should be paid at least twenty an hour!

I am truly against the idea that people should be paid more to be lazy in life land yes salting fries is a lazy person job!

On 9/29/24, I'll be disbanding my custodial department. That's when Florida's minimum wage goes to $13 an hour. It's cheaper for me to contract that work out to an outside company. Those who will be impacted know this change is coming. Some are training in other departments to remain with my company, some are moving to other geographic locales (military spouses, primarily) and at least one is apparently going to just ride it out until he no longer has a job.

Generally speaking, I pay my employees well. But when the government comes in and starts to dictate that a person be paid more than that labor is worth to me, changes will come...

Forum List

Back