15 degrees in Alaska tonight!!! In August!!!

The experiment demonstrates what GHGs are defined as being. Absorbers of longwave radiation. That’s good, by those pledged not to learn here, will only find another reason to avoid it.

But, you probably already know that.

I know it's probably a long shot to break through but I gotta try.

Good effort, but no trophy.. A guy with a grounding strap on his arm is a sure sign of someone who's all process and no common sense..

You can't measure IR induced temp. increase in a bottle..

For one --- the IR source is NOTHING LIKE the long wave spectrum that the Earth emits.
For two --- the added gas PRESSURE is not compensated for..
For three -- you've changed the chemical composition of the liquid which MIGHT encourage more water vapor (the most dangerous gas) to sublimate into the "atmos".. (even if chem. diff doesn't do it, the addtnl heating from the CO2 will also vaporize more water, thus tainting the magnitude of the result)

That's enough ain't it?

The experiment COULD BE DONE. You'd have to have the right radiation spectra, a constant pressure in the chamber, and NO THERMAL RADIATION coming from the container or surroundings.

It doesn't prove ANYTHING in the real world tho --- because the POWER of CO2 to generate backradiation to the surface is burdened by (primarily) water vapor which acts as a denser filter and absorber of incoming EM IR..

There is more influence from CO2 over a desert -- than there is over an ocean for example. The climate clowns like to AVERAGE all these effects globally, make guesses as to feedbacks and water vapor extents and toss out a weakly supported number for how much temp. forcing will result from the addition of CO2.

You can't reproduce GLOBAL AVERAGES in a laboratory.. That's why it hasn't been done.
It would add uncertainty to the fairy tale that the public couldn't handle and deliver the realization that the problem is MUCH MORE complex than the cartoon version of the AGW story..

Today the vast majority of the scientific pursuit of truth comes not from laboratories but computers. While the Wright Bros had to build and hope, today's aircraft fly first in virtual space.

People without advanced math skills can't even comprehend what's possible.

No one who has participated in this debate has ever denied that CO2 is a greenhouse gas.

Well, Asterism made it sound like he was unaware of lab experiments that showed its effects and/or any mathematical models associated with modelling them.

I was curious about what would be posted as "proof."

Here's the problem, there is currently no direct correlation. Global average temperatures appear to be trending up (a separate claim that I question based on data adjustments needed to show this) but not in a direct way relative to carbon dioxide concentrations.

The planet is not a plastic bottle, CO2 concentrations have never and will never reach the level of concentration in the alka seltzer bottle, and the two bottles have unequal pressure inside them. There are too many variables to claim that CO2 is the reason one bottle is heating up - and this doesn't work in sunlight.

Shows us your calculations that confirm what caused that specific delta T if not IR absorption.

Science proves this?

Show me the repeatable experiment and the mathematical proof.

Here's a simple experiment that shows the effects of CO2 as a greenhouse gas.

It's "simple" and wrong. Alka-Seltzer dissolving in water is an exothermic reaction. That means it gives off heat. The difference in temperature would exist even without pointing a light at both bottles.

FAIL!

That's what happens when clueless boobs pretend they understand science.

Please show your work that shows the delta T recorded could come from the exothermic reaction.

Science proves this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwtt51gvaJQ]The Greenhouse Gas Demo - YouTube[/ame]

As for mathematical proof, if you've ever worked through the math for blackbody radiation, you'd have to be a glutton for punishment to want to subject yourself to that if you're not in that field.

It's not repeatable:

Falsification Of CO2 Greenhouse Effect

Not so CLEAN Greenhouse Gas in a Bottle Demonstration. Faulty hands-on science

It also is not what they claim. It is an example of the Ideal Gas Laws in action. Had these morons taken a high school physics class they would know that.

Good effort, but no trophy.. A guy with a grounding strap on his arm is a sure sign of someone who's all process and no common sense..

For one --- the IR source is NOTHING LIKE the long wave spectrum that the Earth emits.
For three -- you've changed the chemical composition of the liquid which MIGHT encourage more water vapor (the most dangerous gas) to sublimate into the "atmos".. (even if chem. diff doesn't do it, the addtnl heating from the CO2 will also vaporize more water, thus tainting the magnitude of the result)

That's enough ain't it?

The experiment COULD BE DONE. You'd have to have the right radiation spectra, a constant pressure in the chamber, and NO THERMAL RADIATION coming from the container or surroundings.

It doesn't prove ANYTHING in the real world tho --- because the POWER of CO2 to generate backradiation to the surface is burdened by (primarily) water vapor which acts as a denser filter and absorber of incoming EM IR..

There is more influence from CO2 over a desert -- than there is over an ocean for example. The climate clowns like to AVERAGE all these effects globally, make guesses as to feedbacks and water vapor extents and toss out a weakly supported number for how much temp. forcing will result from the addition of CO2.

You can't reproduce GLOBAL AVERAGES in a laboratory.. That's why it hasn't been done.
It would add uncertainty to the fairy tale that the public couldn't handle and deliver the realization that the problem is MUCH MORE complex than the cartoon version of the AGW story..

Today the vast majority of the scientific pursuit of truth comes not from laboratories but computers. While the Wright Bros had to build and hope, today's aircraft fly first in virtual space.

Bullshit. They use highly complex CFD models that give them a basis for building a model. They then build the model and test them in a wind tunnel. Then they go back and work on the computer model again. Then they do a new scale model etc. That's why it takes 10 years minimum to design a new aircraft.

Thanks

That's enough ain't it?

Bullshit. They use highly complex CFD models that give them a basis for building a model. They then build the model and test them in a wind tunnel. Then they go back and work on the computer model again. Then they do a new scale model etc. That's why it takes 10 years minimum to design a new aircraft.

I guess you are as obsolete on aircraft design as on climatology.

The Greenhouse Gas Demo - YouTube

As for mathematical proof, if you've ever worked through the math for blackbody radiation, you'd have to be a glutton for punishment to want to subject yourself to that if you're not in that field.

It's not repeatable:

Falsification Of CO2 Greenhouse Effect

Not so CLEAN Greenhouse Gas in a Bottle Demonstration. Faulty hands-on science

It also is not what they claim. It is an example of the Ideal Gas Laws in action. Had these morons taken a high school physics class they would know that.

Shows us your work.

Last edited:
Thanks

You guess a lot. That's your problem....you don't know shit from shinola...

Thanks

But I do. That makes me your worst enemy. When you lie, I'll be there.

Thanks

No, no you don't. That much is obvious. But, by all means, if ever I lie...and I never have, feel free to point it out. And to be a "worst enemy" you have to have some credibility....you have none..

It's "simple" and wrong. Alka-Seltzer dissolving in water is an exothermic reaction. That means it gives off heat. The difference in temperature would exist even without pointing a light at both bottles.

FAIL!

Please show your work that shows the delta T recorded could come from the exothermic reaction.

I just did, nitwit. You see, changing the composition of the gases in the bottle isn't the only thing he did. He increased the pressure in one, plus he introduced an exothermic reaction. As a chemist, he's a total imbecile.

Furthermore, I don't have to show shit. He has to show that he's isolated the variable, and it's 100% clear that he hasn't. He's introducing several variables into the experiment. He's either an idiot or a conman who's deliberately trying to fool his audience.

Last edited:
Well, Asterism made it sound like he was unaware of lab experiments that showed its effects and/or any mathematical models associated with modelling them.

Here's the problem, there is currently no direct correlation. Global average temperatures appear to be trending up (a separate claim that I question based on data adjustments needed to show this) but not in a direct way relative to carbon dioxide concentrations.

The planet is not a plastic bottle, CO2 concentrations have never and will never reach the level of concentration in the alka seltzer bottle, and the two bottles have unequal pressure inside them. There are too many variables to claim that CO2 is the reason one bottle is heating up - and this doesn't work in sunlight.

Shows us your calculations that confirm what caused that specific delta T if not IR absorption.

I haven't conducted the experiment myself, there's no need because the experiment doesn't isolate CO2 as a variable.

That's enough ain't it?

Where does a hydrologist learn programming?

The experiment would have been a bit more accurate if he had used Sunlight. Still, he had to calibrate the thermometers to make sure they were registering in an identical manner.

One thing that was discovered was that the CO2 sample had a lag behind that of the plain water sample. Meaning that CO2 acted as a buffer or insulator as it does in nature. Kind of the way clouds or water vapor keeps larger temperature swings from happening.

Also, this experiment is invalid because you can't avoid heating the bottle. The Earth has no massive plastic bottle surrounding it.

Just sayin.

SO?

this isn't such a big deal...they first snow fell on Sept 10th when I lived there

what is with you people and now all of a sudden these things are major

I took this picture while inside the Clear Airforce station where I worked 80 mls south of Fairbanks, AK

brrrrrrr

Last edited:
No one who has participated in this debate has ever denied that CO2 is a greenhouse gas.

You seem to be providing your own evidence that the only way to determine the atmosphere's reaction to increasing CO2 is by using computer models based upon lab derived physical principles.

Did you see the college lecture video I suggested that describes these principles?

Science proves this?

FAIL!

Hey dude, I have a degree in a science based discipline. I'm just trying to find something my audience can relate to. BTW, I'm surprised you've even heard the term exothermic.

FAIL!

Hey dude, I have a degree in a science based discipline. I'm just trying to find something my audience can relate to. BTW, I'm surprised you've even heard the term exothermic.

How does that alter the fact that your experiment is a hoax?

No, no you don't. That much is obvious. But, by all means, if ever I lie...and I never have, feel free to point it out. And to be a "worst enemy" you have to have some credibility....you have none..

My credibility that counts is with intelligent educated folks, not with conservative sheep so you have no way of knowing what it is.

Forum List

Back