15 minute cities sound amazing

I like rural living, I don’t want to walk and be within 15 minutes of a neighbor. Some people would like it, I a, not that person.
There's pros and cons to both ways of living. I favor the open area, but others may not.
There's also something to be said for being able to get to 2 different meat markets within 6 minutes.

And a Thai restaurant, too.

I mean, if I could design a subdivision?

It'd have 2 convenience stores, several fast food joints. 2 banks, all streets would run N S E W , a lawnmower shop, a gun shop/shooting range. 2-3 grocery stores

and several clothing boutiques, also several restaurants.

I guess a 9-hole golf course, a community fishing pond where fishing is allowed. a lake for people that wanna do lake stuff maybe with docks tied to your address.

A field for..activities. Picnics, volleyball games, pickup football game, whatever. A bicycle/running path, yeah! Help me out here, what else would make it good?

I could thrive with all the things aforementioned, that's for sure. Schools k-12. Maybe a dance/music joint or 2. 2-3 bars.

It'd have to be kinda big.

Last edited:
There's pros and cons to both ways of living. I favor the open area, but others may not.
There's also something to be said for being able to get to 2 different meat markets within 6 minutes.

And a Thai restaurant, too.

I mean, if I could design a subdivision?

It'd have 2 convenience stores, several fast food joints. 2 banks, all streets would run N S E W , a lawnmower shop, a gun shop/shooting range. 2-3 grocery stores

and several clothing boutiques, also several restaurants.

I guess a 9-hole golf course, a community fishing pond where fishing is allowed. a lake for people that wanna do lake stuff maybe with docks tied to your address.

A field for..activities. Picnics, volleyball games, pickup football game, whatever. A bicycle/running path, yeah! Help me out here, what else would make it good?

I could thrive with all the things aforementioned, that's for sure. Schools k-12. Maybe a dance/music joint or 2. 2-3 bars.

It'd have to be kinda big.
What about a monorail ?

Not having to listen to other peoples music is my red line.I grew up in that environment. Soundproofing makes life so much better.
There's always that Puerto-Rican with a speaker out the front door in the hood.

Hope you like..oh no..what's it called? It's not Salsa..Merengue? I don't think that's what I was thinking of, dammit!

We'll go with Merengue for now, until I think of the real word. Blaring @ full blast 100 watts all day and half the night.

Last edited:
There's always that Puerto-Rican with a speaker out the front door in the hood.

Hope you like..oh no..what's it called? It's not Salsa..Merengue? I don't think that's what I was thinking of, dammit!

We'll go with Merengue for now, until I think of the real word. Blaring @ full blast 100 watts all day and half the night.
I would just ride the monorail to the pub. In fact I would ride it all day for the buzz.

Fifteen minute Open Air Prisons
90miles4c12e1c83bf5eff07d26fe43ce7c0146_19a97721_1280.jpg

Forum List

Back