151 years ago today: Democrats founded and staffed the Ku Klux Klan

The South was Democratic AND conservative. Until Thurmond broke the tradition barrier. That's WHY he broke away. Wasn't getting his conservative on. You cannot be a Liberal and hold slaves, Sparkles. They're mutually exclusive.

In 1865 it was Democrat and Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest became Grand Wizard, claiming to be the Klan's national leader. He was a pledged delegate from Tennessee to the New York Democratic national convention of 4 July 1868.

BULLSHIT.

Forrest was nowhere near Pulaski in 1865 when Crowe, McCord, Jones, Kennedy, Lester and Reed formed the Klan --- as a social group with no particular agenda --- in the Jones law office on Christmas Eve.

In 1867 --which is not 1865 -- Klan groups that had taken over the six founders' original group drafted Forrest ---- who wasn't even present or consulted --- as its figurehead, hoping to use his name to achieve a level of 'legitimacy'.

And again, in January 1869 Forrest issued his one and only General Order in the role given him, which abolished the Klan and ordered its robes and assorted paraphernalia destroyed --- specifically because of the out-of-control violence its stragglers were practicing. In the next decade he offered his assistance to the governor to track down some of these terrorists (the General Order had been largely ignored) and "exterminate" villains that had slain some innocent blacks and as he put it, 'disgraced their race'.

Which is kind of moot since Forrest WASN'T PART OF THE FOUNDING IN THE FIRST PLACE, Dumbass.

Are you munching on paint chips? I never made such a point. Go learn how to read.

LOL, really? Yeah the KKK was formed in a Southern Confederate State by a former Confederate General who was a DNC Delegate to their 1868 convention.

Wrong again Gummo.
Again for you slow readers, because I know it's only been posted 27 times:
  • Captain John B. Kennedy
  • Captain John Lester
  • James Crowe
  • Frank McCord
  • Richard Reed
  • Calvin Jones

THOSE ^^ are the six founders of the Klan, it's on the record and there ain't a god damn thing in the world you can do about that.

plaque1_6.gif

See any "Forrest" in there, Dumbass?

Oh wait another Democrat was former Confederate Brigadier General George Gordon, who developed the Prescript, which espoused white supremacist belief. Gordon was elected as a Democrat to the Sixtieth, Sixty-first, and Sixty-second Congresses.

I don't know who the fuck George Gordon was, nor do I see a link, but I also don't see his name among those six founders, do I?

My aren't we having an angry widdle meltdown. :lmao: That's so cute.
I have no "excuses", Jethro. I have historical facts. And I know where they aren't as well, and where they aren't is in the founders of either version of the KKK.

Prove me wrong. Be the first.

Uh oh...
In an 1868 newspaper interview, Forrest stated that the Klan's primary opposition was to the Loyal Leagues, Republican state governments, people such as Tennessee governor William Gannaway Brownlow and other "carpetbaggers" and "scalawags". He argued that many southerners believed that blacks were voting for the Republican Party because they were being hoodwinked by the Loyal Leagues. One Alabama newspaper editor declared "The League is nothing more than a ****** Ku Klux Klan."

I'm aware of that interview. You didn't address the question at all.
That passage doesn't even mention the founding of the Klan. Nor do I think Forrest commented on it in that Cincinnati interview, since he wasn't there for it.

Then you're directly contradicting your own disheveled post up above with the 1861-2016 crapola.
Having it both ways -------------- Priceless.

But this one is correct. It's what I actually said originally. For those who can read.

It's not a contradiction, they where Democrats, I understand it's difficult for you to comprehend. So maybe you can wrap your 2 cent brain around this, they where Democrats in the 1860's to early 1870's, then again they where Democrats in the 1910's to the 1970's, is that simple enough for you...
Oh isn't it, Princess?

Again Stupid ---- your task is to find me, and bring me back, EVIDENCE of any political affiliation AT ALL --- for Reed, Jones, Crowe, Kennedy, Lester OR McCord. OR for that matter any evidence at all of any political activity on the part of William J. Simmons, who founded the second bigger one.

You know --- the one that opposed Jews and Catholics and immigrants and labor unions as well as blacks --- all those Democratic Party constituents.

You know --- the one that tried to disrupt the 1924 Democratic convention because the leading voices condemning the Klan, Oscar Underwood and Al Smith, were running for nomination.

You know -- the one that when it grew big got Republicans elected in Colorado (Rice Means, Clarence Morley), in Oregon (George Baker) in Anaheim (the whole city council) in the entire state of Indiana, and in Maine in that partial list I just posted above including Governor Brewster. Then come back and essplain to the class why a group affiliated with the Democratic Party would be running candidates against its own candidates. Dumbass.

:gay:

Last edited:
The South was Democratic AND conservative. Until Thurmond broke the tradition barrier. That's WHY he broke away. Wasn't getting his conservative on. You cannot be a Liberal and hold slaves, Sparkles. They're mutually exclusive.

In 1865 it was Democrat and Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest became Grand Wizard, claiming to be the Klan's national leader. He was a pledged delegate from Tennessee to the New York Democratic national convention of 4 July 1868.

BULLSHIT.

Forrest was nowhere near Pulaski in 1865 when Crowe, McCord, Jones, Kennedy, Lester and Reed formed the Klan --- as a social group with no particular agenda --- in the Jones law office on Christmas Eve.

In 1867 --which is not 1865 -- Klan groups that had taken over the six founders' original group drafted Forrest ---- who wasn't even present or consulted --- as its figurehead, hoping to use his name to achieve a level of 'legitimacy'.

And again, in January 1869 Forrest issued his one and only General Order in the role given him, which abolished the Klan and ordered its robes and assorted paraphernalia destroyed --- specifically because of the out-of-control violence its stragglers were practicing. In the next decade he offered his assistance to the governor to track down some of these terrorists (the General Order had been largely ignored) and "exterminate" villains that had slain some innocent blacks and as he put it, 'disgraced their race'.

Which is kind of moot since Forrest WASN'T PART OF THE FOUNDING IN THE FIRST PLACE, Dumbass.

Are you munching on paint chips? I never made such a point. Go learn how to read.

LOL, really? Yeah the KKK was formed in a Southern Confederate State by a former Confederate General who was a DNC Delegate to their 1868 convention.

Wrong again Gummo.
Again for you slow readers, because I know it's only been posted 27 times:
  • Captain John B. Kennedy
  • Captain John Lester
  • James Crowe
  • Frank McCord
  • Richard Reed
  • Calvin Jones

THOSE ^^ are the six founders of the Klan, it's on the record and there ain't a god damn thing in the world you can do about that.

plaque1_6.gif

See any "Forrest" in there, Dumbass?

Not "because they were all Democrats" --- because the Republican Party had not gone into that territory. Which is what I just said up there. Again, learn to read.

Some were Democrats, there may have been a few Whigs hanging on, and there was the Constitutional Union Party which took three states in 1860. But Republicans didn't even run a candidate in the South until after the War.

And again, what forever fails to seep into y'all binary-bots heads ---- NOT EVERYONE BELONGS TO A FUCKING POLITICAL PARTY AT ALL.

Why did the Confederacy secede? I covered all that way earlier. Go learn how to read it.

And I did too --- WAAAAY back there by now. You're too much of a lazy fuckhole to go read it. HINT -- It had nothing to do with "Democrats". Fatter o' mact Stephen Douglas, the Democratic candidate for POTUS in 1860, pulled exactly the same number of Electoral Votes from the South as Lincoln did --- ZERO. And Lincoln wasn't even on the ballot. Which I already said.

Oh wait another Democrat was former Confederate Brigadier General George Gordon, who developed the Prescript, which espoused white supremacist belief. Gordon was elected as a Democrat to the Sixtieth, Sixty-first, and Sixty-second Congresses.

I don't know who the fuck George Gordon was, nor do I see a link, but I also don't see his name among those six founders, do I?

My aren't we having an angry widdle meltdown. :lmao: That's so cute.
I have no "excuses", Jethro. I have historical facts. And I know where they aren't as well, and where they aren't is in the founders of either version of the KKK.

Prove me wrong. Be the first.

Uh oh...
In an 1868 newspaper interview, Forrest stated that the Klan's primary opposition was to the Loyal Leagues, Republican state governments, people such as Tennessee governor William Gannaway Brownlow and other "carpetbaggers" and "scalawags". He argued that many southerners believed that blacks were voting for the Republican Party because they were being hoodwinked by the Loyal Leagues. One Alabama newspaper editor declared "The League is nothing more than a ****** Ku Klux Klan."

I'm aware of that interview. You didn't address the question at all.
That passage doesn't even mention the founding of the Klan. Nor do I think Forrest commented on it in that Cincinnati interview, since he wasn't there for it.

Then you're directly contradicting your own disheveled post up above with the 1861-2016 crapola.
Having it both ways -------------- Priceless.

But this one is correct. It's what I actually said originally. For those who can read.

It's not a contradiction, they where Democrats, I understand it's difficult for you to comprehend. So maybe you can wrap your 2 cent brain around this, they where Democrats in the 1860's to early 1870's, then again they where Democrats in the 1910's to the 1970's, is that simple enough for you...
Oh isn't it, Princess?

Again Stupid ---- your task is to find me, and bring me back, EVIDENCE of any political affiliation AT ALL --- for Reed, Jones, Crowe, Kennedy, Lester OR McCord. OR for that matter any evidence at all of any political activity on the part of William J. Simmons, who founded the second bigger one.

You know --- the one that opposed Jews and Catholics and immigrants and labor unions as well as blacks --- all those Democratic Party constituents.

You know --- the one that tried to disrupt the 1924 Democratic convention because the leading voices condemning the Klan, Oscar Underwood and Al Smith, were running for nomination.

You know -- the one that when it grew big got Republicans elected in Colorado (Rice Means, Clarence Morley), in Oregon (George Baker) in Anaheim (the whole city council) in the entire state of Indiana, and in Maine in that partial list I just posted above including Governor Brewster. Then come back and essplain to the class why a group affiliated with the Democratic Party would be running candidates against its own candidates. Dumbass.

:gay:
Awwww....angry klansman snowflake....

On Dec. 24, 1865, Democrats in the American South formed the Ku Klux Klan as a means of keeing uppity blacks in their place. They attacked the blacks, and any white Republicans who defended or support them, lynching and killing them when possible. Democrat support for, and membership in, the KKK continues to this day, with theDemocrat attacking, insulting, and pillorying blacks who dared to espouse viewpoints the Democrats disagree with.

-----------------------------------------------------------

KKK founded - Dec 24, 1865 - HISTORY.com

151 years ago KKK founded
December 24, 2016

In Pulaski, Tennessee, a group of Confederate veterans convenes to form a secret society that they christen the “Ku Klux Klan.” The KKK rapidly grew from a secret social fraternity to a paramilitary force bent on reversing the federal government’s progressive Reconstruction Era-activities in the South, especially policies that elevated the rights of the local African American population.

The name of the Ku Klux Klan was derived from the Greek word kyklos, meaning “circle,” and the Scottish-Gaelic word “clan,” which was probably chosen for the sake of alliteration. Under a platform of philosophized white racial superiority, the group employed violence as a means of pushing back Reconstruction and its enfranchisement of African Americans. Former Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest was the KKK’s first grand wizard; in 1869, he unsuccessfully tried to disband it after he grew critical of the Klan’s excessive violence.

Most prominent in counties where the races were relatively balanced, the KKK engaged in terrorist raids against African Americans and white Republicans at night, employing intimidation, destruction of property, assault, and murder to achieve its aims and influence upcoming elections. In a few Southern states, Republicans organized militia units to break up the Klan. In 1871, the Ku Klux Act passed Congress, authorizing President Ulysses S. Grant to use military force to suppress the KKK. The Ku Klux Act resulted in nine South Carolina counties being placed under martial law and thousands of arrests.
There's no evidence the KKK was created by any political party. The founders were probably Democrat assuming they claimed membership in any political party because that party was the dominate party in the South. They were also likely to be Christians since Christianity was the predominate faith. However, that does not mean the KKK was founded by any Christian demonetization. It should also be noted that the anti-black Democratic Party then bears no similarity to the party of today nor does the racist white Christian churches in the South then bear any similar to those today.
Oh yeah now you double down that it was Christians wow history and fact and you try and fake propaganda it! Hahahaha
Do you have evidence that the founders of the KKK were members of the Democratic Party? If so let's hear.

The fact is Christianity is a core belief of the KKK. It would be hard to deny that the founders did not consider themselves Christians. A belief in Jesus Christ was required to be a member. Christianity is embedded in KKK ritual.

There is certainly more evidence that the KKK was founded by Christians than Democrats.
History books tell us. Why?

Then your task is simple. So simple even you can follow it ----- go forth and *FIND* one of those history books, and bring it back here.

I've already been through them. Because my approach is different --- I actually go find out what I'm talking about before I make an assertion.
I have no tasks , but you should read up on history on the internet. It isn't too hard

I have it figured out for my tablet- you just are too dumb to figure how to follow it, I guess.
And it is in the archives. Which also mentions there have been attempts to change it.

https://ia800306.us.archive.org/31/items/officialproceedi00demo/officialproceedi00demo.pdf

Honey, you are either lying, or naive. Which is it?
From the 1868 National Democratic Convention- pg 59
Resolved, That it is not only the patriotic duty, but the deliberate purpose "of the Democratic party never to submit to be governed by the negro, nor by those claiming to be elected by negro suffrage; and we do earnestly recom- mend the adoption of this resolution by the National Convention of the Democracy, which shall assemble in July next.

On Dec. 24, 1865, Democrats in the American South formed the Ku Klux Klan as a means of keeing uppity blacks in their place. They attacked the blacks, and any white Republicans who defended or support them, lynching and killing them when possible. Democrat support for, and membership in, the KKK continues to this day, with theDemocrat attacking, insulting, and pillorying blacks who dared to espouse viewpoints the Democrats disagree with.

December 24, 2016

In Pulaski, Tennessee, a group of Confederate veterans convenes to form a secret society that they christen the “Ku Klux Klan.” The KKK rapidly grew from a secret social fraternity to a paramilitary force bent on reversing the federal government’s progressive Reconstruction Era-activities in the South, especially policies that elevated the rights of the local African American population.

The name of the Ku Klux Klan was derived from the Greek word kyklos, meaning “circle,” and the Scottish-Gaelic word “clan,” which was probably chosen for the sake of alliteration. Under a platform of philosophized white racial superiority, the group employed violence as a means of pushing back Reconstruction and its enfranchisement of African Americans. Former Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest was the KKK’s first grand wizard; in 1869, he unsuccessfully tried to disband it after he grew critical of the Klan’s excessive violence.

Most prominent in counties where the races were relatively balanced, the KKK engaged in terrorist raids against African Americans and white Republicans at night, employing intimidation, destruction of property, assault, and murder to achieve its aims and influence upcoming elections. In a few Southern states, Republicans organized militia units to break up the Klan. In 1871, the Ku Klux Act passed Congress, authorizing President Ulysses S. Grant to use military force to suppress the KKK. The Ku Klux Act resulted in nine South Carolina counties being placed under martial law and thousands of arrests.
There's no evidence the KKK was created by any political party. The founders were probably Democrat assuming they claimed membership in any political party because that party was the dominate party in the South. They were also likely to be Christians since Christianity was the predominate faith. However, that does not mean the KKK was founded by any Christian demonetization. It should also be noted that the anti-black Democratic Party then bears no similarity to the party of today nor does the racist white Christian churches in the South then bear any similar to those today.

Indeed there's no evidence any of them had any political affiliation or activity at all, plus in 1865 Tennessee was disenfranchised anyway. Nor is there any evidence they formed it with any kind of political aim, though there is evidence to the contrary. As the OP's own link (among many others) states -- "a secret social fraternity".

Not only can you still not figure out how the quote function works --- you haven't figured out how links work either?

Oh poster please. Come the fuck off it. You want us to believe everybody on USMB, even morons like Special Ed, can figure out the quote function and somehow magically ---- you're the only one who cant? Pfft.

Again, I've told you this before, I see right through what you're doing. You're trying to make your posts so goddam hard to quote that nothing makes any sense and then you think you "win' the argument because you're too much of a fucking pissant to articulate one.

And your link is 186 pages. I'll be damned if I'm reading through 186 pages of a 150 year old doc from an assclown who plays games with the quote feature. Give me a page number or fuck off.

If they didn't want to be in the US their option was to leave the country, not break up the Union.

Actually they did leave the country. Which act by definition breaks up the Union.

They tried and they failed. Kind of like you do every time you try to pretend you know the first thing about...well, anything.
That was their consequence. They didn't like the direction and fought for what they believed in. They lost. Someone had to right? Doesn't mean the dead are undeserved

There was nothing honorable about fighting to own human beings
No shit....that's why we stopped you and ended your democrat slavery..

I don't think that she is a Confederate.

Pretty sure no Confederates are left alive- but glad to know how much you despised the Confederate States of America.

December 24, 2016

Democrats did not start the KKK white Christian southern aupremacists did you lying freak of nature. Nor does you link say anything about democrats, troll boy

But don't worry. The KKK are all republicans now

Now shut up and crawl back into the hole you came out of
You don't get to make up fake news bubba. Democrats own kkk

Yet- the OP says that Confederate veterans own the KKK.

Remember the same veterans who you whined about denying them their flag?

Why are you defending the flag of Confederate veterans who started the KKK

They tried and they failed. Kind of like you do every time you try to pretend you know the first thing about...well, anything.
It was their state not the United's seems self explanatory

No, it was and is OUR Union. If you don't want to live in my house, fine, get the fuck out. But you don't get to take the basement with you.
Sorry pal. Ain't true and why there was a war. ....

It is true, and that's why they lost.
They lost because the north had more guns. It's usually how a side wins

And you of course are thrilled that the North defeated the Confederacy- veterans of who started the KKK.

There's no evidence the KKK was created by any political party. The founders were probably Democrat assuming they claimed membership in any political party because that party was the dominate party in the South.
And it was also the party of the people who wanted to own slaves, and who fought against any attempts to free them or treat them as (gasp) human.

So I can count on you to condemn the Confederate States- and the soldiers who fought for the Confederacy.

You are the only one that complains, dear. And I receive plenty of repljes.
Now, care to comment on my post?
I have it figured out for my tablet- you just are too dumb to figure how to follow it, I guess.
And it is in the archives. Which also mentions there have been attempts to change it.

https://ia800306.us.archive.org/31/items/officialproceedi00demo/officialproceedi00demo.pdf

Honey, you are either lying, or naive. Which is it?
From the 1868 National Democratic Convention- pg 59
Resolved, That it is not only the patriotic duty, but the deliberate purpose "of the Democratic party never to submit to be governed by the negro, nor by those claiming to be elected by negro suffrage; and we do earnestly recom- mend the adoption of this resolution by the National Convention of the Democracy, which shall assemble in July next.

Indeed there's no evidence any of them had any political affiliation or activity at all, plus in 1865 Tennessee was disenfranchised anyway. Nor is there any evidence they formed it with any kind of political aim, though there is evidence to the contrary. As the OP's own link (among many others) states -- "a secret social fraternity".

Not only can you still not figure out how the quote function works --- you haven't figured out how links work either?

Oh poster please. Come the fuck off it. You want us to believe everybody on USMB, even morons like Special Ed, can figure out the quote function and somehow magically ---- you're the only one who cant? Pfft.

Again, I've told you this before, I see right through what you're doing. You're trying to make your posts so goddam hard to quote that nothing makes any sense and then you think you "win' the argument because you're too much of a fucking pissant to articulate one.

And your link is 186 pages. I'll be damned if I'm reading through 186 pages of a 150 year old doc from an assclown who plays games with the quote feature. Give me a page number or fuck off.

LBJ's record on civil rights-
Civil Wrongs: Lyndon B. Johnson
It was the Republicans who fought for and were responsible for the passage of civil rights laws, not LBJ. Revisionist history, taught by Liberal dogma saturated educators, has propagated lies about the civil rights movement for almost 50 years!Lyndon Johnson remarking on civil rights in 1957:
“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don’t move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there’ll be no way of stopping them, we’ll lose the filibuster and there’ll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.”And concerning LBJ’s civil rights record:Lyndon Johnson, who represented the [former] Confederate state of Texas and had been installed in his position by Southern Democrats precisely in order to block civil rights legislation. Until the 1950s, Johnson’s record of opposition to all civil rights legislation was spotless. But he was ambitious and wanted to be president. . . .After dragging his feet on the civil rights bill throughout much of 1957, Johnson finally came to the conclusion that the tide had turned in favor of civil rights and he needed to be on the right side of the issue if he hoped to become president. . . .

Everett M. Dirksen: Everett Dirksen on the Issues > An Early Advocate for Civil Rights
Who really worked to pass the civil rights act?
Republican Everett McKinley Dirksen enjoys a well-deserved reputation for his effectiveness in passing civil rights legislation. He led Senate Republicans in the successful effort to enact President Dwight Eisenhower’s civil rights program in 1957. Dirksen provided crucial support for the Civil Rights Act of 1964. His leadership proved indispensable in passing the Voting Rights Act of 1965. The Senate Minority Leader’s presence loomed large on the national stage.Over a 35-year career in the House and Senate, the Republican senator from Pekin, Illinois, proposed more than 140 bills to eliminate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Dirksen himself pointed repeatedly to his civil rights record, claiming that he was “no Johnny-come-lately” to the issue.Less well known, however, is Dirksen’s performance in a smaller theater of civil rights politics where progress came incrementally, often only for the benefit of a few.The senator’s efforts on behalf of the National Association of Colored Women’s Clubs in the mid-1950s to establish a National Negro History Week, to obtain a national charter for the organization, and to exempt it from a variety of taxes demonstrate his doggedness in supporting the NACWC’s civil rights agenda. He was motivated primarily by three factors: (1) the president of the organization was a constituent and a Republican active in the black community in Chicago; (2) Dirksen believed the organization should be treated in the same manner as other non-profit organizations in the matter of taxation; and (3) the senator acted in a manner consistent with his career-long commitment to advancing civil rights.

Epilogue
In 1964, following the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, NACWC awarded Dirksen its Distinguished Service Award for his “untiring efforts in the fight for human rights and dignity for all Americans.”88

It was the Republicans who fought for and were responsible for the passage of civil rights laws, not LBJ. Revisionist history, taught by Liberal dogma saturated educators, has propagated lies about the civil rights movement for almost 50 years!Lyndon Johnson remarking on civil rights in 1957:
“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don’t move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there’ll be no way of stopping them, we’ll lose the filibuster and there’ll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.”And concerning LBJ’s civil rights record:Lyndon Johnson, who represented the [former] Confederate state of Texas and had been installed in his position by Southern Democrats precisely in order to block civil rights legislation. Until the 1950s, Johnson’s record of opposition to all civil rights legislation was spotless. But he was ambitious and wanted to be president. . . .After dragging his feet on the civil rights bill throughout much of 1957, Johnson finally came to the conclusion that the tide had turned in favor of civil rights and he needed to be on the right side of the issue if he hoped to become president. . . .

Everett M. Dirksen: Everett Dirksen on the Issues > An Early Advocate for Civil Rights
Republican Everett McKinley Dirksen enjoys a well-deserved reputation for his effectiveness in passing civil rights legislation. He led Senate Republicans in the successful effort to enact President Dwight Eisenhower’s civil rights program in 1957. Dirksen provided crucial support for the Civil Rights Act of 1964. His leadership proved indispensable in passing the Voting Rights Act of 1965. The Senate Minority Leader’s presence loomed large on the national stage.Over a 35-year career in the House and Senate, the Republican senator from Pekin, Illinois, proposed more than 140 bills to eliminate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Dirksen himself pointed repeatedly to his civil rights record, claiming that he was “no Johnny-come-lately” to the issue.Less well known, however, is Dirksen’s performance in a smaller theater of civil rights politics where progress came incrementally, often only for the benefit of a few.The senator’s efforts on behalf of the National Association of Colored Women’s Clubs in the mid-1950s to establish a National Negro History Week, to obtain a national charter for the organization, and to exempt it from a variety of taxes demonstrate his doggedness in supporting the NACWC’s civil rights agenda. He was motivated primarily by three factors: (1) the president of the organization was a constituent and a Republican active in the black community in Chicago; (2) Dirksen believed the organization should be treated in the same manner as other non-profit organizations in the matter of taxation; and (3) the senator acted in a manner consistent with his career-long commitment to advancing civil rights.

Epilogue
In 1964, following the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, NACWC awarded Dirksen its Distinguished Service Award for his “untiring efforts in the fight for human rights and dignity for all Americans.”88

You need to find some credible sources, "dear". That "uppity" quote is undocumented internet mythology.

December 24, 2016

Your link doesn't say Democrats founded the KKK. I see YOU saying it but your link doesn't. I think I might know why.

1. Would you agree that when southern states seceded from the union they were no longer Democrats? I think it is reasonable to say that in a legal as well as a technical sense. That is the basis for my premise.

2. The KKK was formed on December 24 1865 in Tennessee. But the people forming the KKK could not have been Democrats at the time because no states of the former confederacy had been readmitted to the union until 24 July.
1866. Confederate veterans, YES, but not Democrats.

3. The integrity of the Democratic Party was kept intact by northern democrats who had, in the years preceding the war, split into two factions: the copperheads who were sympathetic to the south and the War Democrats who took the diametrically opposite stance.

So to set the record straight, at least for now. Democrats didn't start the KKK. People who were not a part of the United States of America did.
To say the Democrats founded the KKK makes about as much sense as saying the Catholics founded Nazism because Adolph Hitler was raised a Catholic.
How you figure?
Just because a person is associated with a group, Christians, Democrats, or whatever does not mean that what they did has anything to do with one of the groups they are apart of. If you can't understand that, there is no point in continuing. However, the fact is there is no evidence that the founders of the KKK were democrats. There is certainly a lot more evidence that they were Christians.

December 24, 2016

Your link doesn't say Democrats founded the KKK. I see YOU saying it but your link doesn't. I think I might know why.

1. Would you agree that when southern states seceded from the union they were no longer Democrats? I think it is reasonable to say that in a legal as well as a technical sense. That is the basis for my premise.

2. The KKK was formed on December 24 1865 in Tennessee. But the people forming the KKK could not have been Democrats at the time because no states of the former confederacy had been readmitted to the union until 24 July.

3. The integrity of the Democratic Party was kept intact by northern democrats who had, in the years preceding the war, split into two factions: the copperheads who were sympathetic to the south and the War Democrats who took the diametrically opposite stance.

So to set the record straight, at least for now. Democrats didn't start the KKK. People who were not a part of the United States of America did.
To say the Democrats founded the KKK makes about as much sense as saying the Catholics founded Nazism because Adolph Hitler was raised a Catholic.
How you figure?
Just because a person is associated with a group, Christians, Democrats, or whatever does not mean that what they did has anything to do with one of the groups they are apart of. If you can't understand that, there is no point in continuing. However, the fact is there is no evidence that the founders of the KKK were democrats. There is certainly a lot more evidence that they were Christians.

Exactly. They're imbibing in a classic Composition Fallacy. There's even more evidence that they were ex-soldiers, all six of them. Therefore we can conclude through the same Composition Fallacy route, "151 years ago 'the military' formed the KKK". Same (il)logic, only this time it's actually documented.

December 24, 2016

How you figure?
Just because a person is associated with a group, Christians, Democrats, or whatever does not necessarily mean that the group is responsible for their beliefs. If you can't understand that, there is no point in continuing. However, the fact is there is no evidence that the founders of the KKK were democrats. There is certainly a lot more evidence that they were Christians.

From the Klan Manual 1925, "The supreme pattern for all true Klansmen is their Criterion of Character, Jesus Christ, "who went about doing good." The movement accepts the full Christian program of unselfish helpfulness, and will seek to carry it on in the manner commanded by the one Master of Men, Christ Jesus."

Between the Wars: The Klan

December 24, 2016

How you figure?
Except when it actually is a party like demoturds are founders kkk. Don't be ashamed truth is just the truth. And in no way is your fake news on Christians funny!

December 24, 2016

How you figure?
Except when it actually is a party like demoturds are founders kkk. Don't be ashamed truth is just the truth

So you still can't find a link. No evidence, no documentation, no quote, nothing. Six guys, no leads on a one. Nothing at all. Zero. Bupkis. Zip.

Nobody else can find one either.

That's why I keep telling y'all you're full of shit. And y'all just keep proving me right.

Epilogue
Thanks! I appreciate straightening out the fake propaganda previously posted by the crybabies on the left

How you figure?
Except when it actually is a party like demoturds are founders kkk. Don't be ashamed truth is just the truth

So you still can't find a link. No evidence, no documentation, no quote, nothing. Six guys, no leads on a one. Nothing at all. Zero. Bupkis. Zip.

That's why I keep telling y'all you're full of shit. And y'all just keep proving me right.
I'm not going to post any links here I did all that in other threads. Go look up accurate history fake prop guy!

How you figure?

I'm not going to post any links here I did all that in other threads. Go look up accurate history fake prop guy!

And you're a liar too. You posted no such links in any other threads. I already know they don't exist.

Forum List

Back