16-year-old faces threats after challenging Bachmann to a debate

What is a person supposed to condemn there is no evidence that anything has taken place there is nothing more then some half baked allegation that someone said something.

It's very easy...let me show you.

"I condemn anyone from any side threatening a 16 year old for simply challenging a public servant to a debate. If it didn't really happen, shame on her for making stuff up. If it DID happen, shame on those threatening her."

Very very simple to do.

How can you condemn something that in all likelihood never happened? I don't do the PC crap you want to shed a few tear's on some imaginary wrong doing by someone have at it.

If it is found that something happen that is clearly wrong then I don't have a problem condemning that. But this doesn't pass the sniff test on many differing levels

OK, you've got me curious...what are those many differing levels?

16-year-old faces threats after challenging Bachmann to a debate - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Several media outlets reported on Myers' challenge. As a result, she said, people have threatened violence against her and threatened to publish her address online, the Courier Post reports. Myers' high school has also reprotedly received inquiries regarding Myers' letter.

"A lot of them are calling me a whore," Myers said of the online remarks against her. Added her father Wayne Myers: "I personally did not think there would be a reaction like actual stalking and the vitriol that's coming out."

Read more: 16-year-old faces threats after challenging Bachmann to a debate - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

And the point is?

they will defend ANYTHING their side does for whatever reason.

They will then excoriate the other side for ANYTHING even stuff they have JUST done themselves and defended.

They are party over country people and the right is full of them.

"I condemn anyone from any side threatening a 16 year old for simply challenging a public servant to a debate. If it didn't really happen, shame on her for making stuff up. If it DID happen, shame on those threatening her."

Very very simple to do.

How can you condemn something that in all likelihood never happened? I don't do the PC crap you want to shed a few tear's on some imaginary wrong doing by someone have at it.

If it is found that something happen that is clearly wrong then I don't have a problem condemning that. But this doesn't pass the sniff test on many differing levels

Well let's see the allegation comes solely from a teen who say's "they" said thing's
Who is "they" nothing other then "they" seems strange
CBS seems to be very vague about the specifics also seems strange doesn't it.
I could be wrong but the father seems to be driving this what is his agenda other then 15 mins of fame.

I can't help but to wonder how much of this was driven be CBS to make it into a large story then what it was.

Well let's see the allegation comes solely from a teen who say's "they" said thing's

Isn't it also from her parents?
Who is "they" nothing other then "they" seems strange

If this is being reported to the police, do you think the police want specifics put out there? I seem to remember when the threats came out in WI, there were no specifics for the first week or two either.

CBS seems to be very vague about the specifics also seems strange doesn't it.
I could be wrong but the father seems to be driving this what is his agenda other then 15 mins of fame.

Wait...first you say it was just the girl saying she got threats and now you put this on the father?

I can't help but to wonder how much of this was driven be CBS to make it into a large story then what it was.

Of course you can't help it.

attack this 16 year old girl and defend the people threatening her, its a window into your soul.

I think you need to light a candle in there its pretty damned dark inside it.

attack this 16 year old girl and defend the people threatening her, its a window into your soul.

I think you need to light a candle in there its pretty damned dark inside it.

Use a teen to advance your ideals, knowing that if anyone calls her on her actions you can call them meanies.

Just like you scummy people did after 9/11, by parading around some widows claiming 9/11 was an inside job.

Has there been any proof yet?

copies of emails, post on her facebook, recorded phone messages, a single witness that's not family or a freind?

anything?

keep attacking the victim it makes you look really compassionate

Keep using victims and it makes you look like scum.

oh

Did you forget to dance around and spike the ball on the graves of the latest tornado victims?

You didn't last time.

How am I using her?

You people are the ones adding insult to injury to a 16 year old girl

16-year-old faces threats after challenging Bachmann to a debate - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Several media outlets reported on Myers' challenge. As a result, she said, people have threatened violence against her and threatened to publish her address online, the Courier Post reports. Myers' high school has also reprotedly received inquiries regarding Myers' letter.

"A lot of them are calling me a whore," Myers said of the online remarks against her. Added her father Wayne Myers: "I personally did not think there would be a reaction like actual stalking and the vitriol that's coming out."

Read more: 16-year-old faces threats after challenging Bachmann to a debate - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Have the police been called in on this? What evidence is there on this? Was her address posted online?
I'm not saying it didn't happen, but for a 16 year old to be so bold as to ask for a debate, might be just as bold to try and play up the victim roll. After all, there is no evidence except for what the 16 year old stated. I know, I know, 16 year olds never lie.

Have the police been called in on this? What evidence is there on this? Was her address posted online?
I'm not saying it didn't happen, but for a 16year old to be so bold as to ask for a debate, might be just as bold to try and play up the victim roll. After all, there is no eveidence except for what the 16 year old stated. I know, I know, 16 year olds never lie.

Where was the evidence that Obama wasn't born in the United States? It didn't seem to bother you right wingers to run with THAT one without evidence???

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but for a 16year old to be so bold as to ask for a debate, might be just as bold to try and play up the victim roll. After all, there is no eveidence except for what the 16 year old stated. I know, I know, 16 year olds never lie.

Where was the evidence that Obama wasn't born in the United States? It didn't seem to bother you right wingers to run with THAT one without evidence???

VaYank....if I wasn't in a good mood I would have negged ya on this one. I NEVER claimed that Obama wasn't a citizen. I never was a birther and have stated that this was a non issue on several occasions.
I'll be waiting for an appology....But I don't think you will be man enough to step up to that plate.

VaYank....if I wasn't in a good mood I would have negged ya on this one. I NEVER claimed that Obama wasn't a citizen. I never was a birther and have stated that this was a non issue on several occasions.
I'll be waiting for an appology....But I don't think you will be man enough to step up to that plate.

I cannot keep track of who is a birther, deather, etc., so if I falsely accused you, please accept my apologies. My broad brush approach was intended for the vast array of those right wingers on this board to HAVE questioned Obama's citizenship.

I cannot keep track of who is a birther, deather, etc., so if I falsely accused you, please accept my apologies. My broad brush approach was intended for the vast array of those right wingers on this board to HAVE questioned Obama's citizenship.

Thank you...apology accepted.

How am I using her?

You people are the ones adding insult to injury to a 16 year old girl

You helped to make her childish stunt headline news.

Now, you are assuming, w/o any proof, that she is telling the truth.

That's called using a child then playing her up as a victim.

Not yet....condemnation still missing.

What is a person supposed to condemn there is no evidence that anything has taken place there is nothing more then some half baked allegation that someone said something.

Very very simple to do.

There were no threats in the facebook post.

How dare this girl challenge Bachmann to a debate. What does she think Bachmann is???? A Public Servant or something? :eek:

Forum List

Back