17 yo boy shot by police because he wasn't resisting arrest.

You don't seem to get that it doesn't matter what he was initially pulled over for. He wasn't shot for flashing high beams.

Was he shot for recording the incident with the cop?
no, he was shot for taking a threatening action which put the officer at risk and escalated a simple traffic violation into a death scenario by being violent.

So you want to pay higher taxes for more police instead of having a society that respects the law. The kid attacked an armed cop, you think two cops would have made a difference?

The cop didn't escalate the matter, the punk kid did. Stop blaming the cop when the kid made a conscience decision to attack an armed officer.

Kids do NOT make "conscious" decisions in a lot of instances. Another reason why they are considered "children."

Yes kids make conscience decisions, they do not respond by instinct. They are human after all and make stupid decisions but they're very much conscience of it.
This brat made a conscious decision to get into a fight with a cop. The brat attacked the cop as the video proves. The DA saw all the evidence........including the data recovered from the cop car's black box.
It PROVED the car did NOT have it's high beams on. The car was examined and the headlights were properly adjusted. The dash cam recording PROVED the brat was flashing his high beams at the cop car which is a civil crime in that state.
The brat was out looking for trouble and he found it. End of story.

No, I'm sorry, we citizens have rights. Are you some kind of government lackey?
who hire police and give them the laws to protect us against. It is expected society obey those laws we all agreed the cops were hired to support. Violation of said rules we give the police the authority to handle. Period!

We also tell officers if they feel threatened by anyone, ANYONE and have justified their actions to defend themselves. PERIOD!!

Sounds as if you would like a police state?

who hire police and give them the laws to protect us against. It is expected society obey those laws we all agreed the cops were hired to support. Violation of said rules we give the police the authority to handle. Period!

We also tell officers if they feel threatened by anyone, ANYONE and have justified their actions to defend themselves. PERIOD!!

Remind yourself of that the next time I catch you going 1mph over the speed limit and send a Sidewinder up your tail pipe because I felt threatened.

Is flashing your lights a crime? If not, then the police officer had no right to even pull this kid over to begin with. He should have been on his way to find CRIMES instead of wasting taxpayer money to pull over a person who for flashing his lights. The cops are OUT of control. They do not have a right to pull us over in our vehicles unless we are breaking a law.
yes it is a ticketed offense. you should probably get yourself familiar with the rules of the road. Hopefully you don't drive.

Driving with high beams on is also a violation and a ticketed offense. Go look that one up also.

You don't seem to get that it doesn't matter what he was initially pulled over for. He wasn't shot for flashing high beams.

Was he shot for recording the incident with the cop?
no, he was shot for taking a threatening action which put the officer at risk and escalated a simple traffic violation into a death scenario by being violent.

No, he was shot because the officer sucked at his job. He didn't know how to handle the situation, and he couldn't handle a child without shooting him SEVEN times and killing him. The boy was reacting to the cop's attitude. If the cop hadn't been angry to begin with and had been able to keep his cool and if there were two officers, this would not have happened. The boy would be alive today.

This would also make the LEOs safer during patrols.

Is flashing your lights a crime? If not, then the police officer had no right to even pull this kid over to begin with. He should have been on his way to find CRIMES instead of wasting taxpayer money to pull over a person who for flashing his lights. The cops are OUT of control. They do not have a right to pull us over in our vehicles unless we are breaking a law.
yes it is a ticketed offense. you should probably get yourself familiar with the rules of the road. Hopefully you don't drive.

Driving with high beams on is also a violation and a ticketed offense. Go look that one up also.

See post #439, smarty pants. Lol.

If the boy did nothing illegal, the officer should not have even stopped him. The cop was angry. That much is obvious.
people are stopped daily who do nothing against the law. So stop yourself already, learn about our society before you post in a public forum. you look uninformed and demonstrate that indeed you are.

Are you stupid? The police do not have the right to do that. If you haven't committed a crime and are not suspected of committing a crime, they have no right to harass us. We are citizens with rights and the police need to realize that.
dude get out of the house.

was it in Missouri?

Lets see, who to believe? An idiot on a n internet board that saw and can not understand a video or a DA that had all the evidence, all the facts and investigated the situation?

I'm saying that the police need better training to deal with belligerent people. Correct? I'm saying there should be two officers to every patrol car because that would keep citizens, as well as cops safer. Correct?

What could the cop have done differently? Just let the kid go without knowing if he was even a legal driver? Not knowing if this kid had any outstanding arrest warrants?

The cop did his job and everything would have went smoothly if the kid had just complied.

Blame the cop all you want, but you are gravely wrong.

De-escalate the situation. Do not escalate the situation. There was no need for him to kick the cellphone out of the boy's hands. That is when the boy reacted. Now, at that point, the boy was NOT a criminal. He was just not cooperative. The officer proceeds to kick the phone out of the boy's hands and when the boy gets angry and reacts, instead of trying to subdue him and restrain him, he shot him with the taser which malfunctioned. The boy has now been hurt, and reacts again in a negative way. The cop shoots him and kills him. Nope, I'm sorry. This is just not right.

Was the boy wrong? Of course, but he is the BOY in this situation. The officer is the one I expect to have a professional demeanor at ALL times.

You are nine kinds of wrong.

When you do not cooperate with a lawful order, you are in fact breaking the law, which makes you a criminal.

You want us to believe that the boy could not do anything but react negatively, that he had no control over his anger and that the cop should have either just let the kid go or take an ass whipping.

Do you have children? Do you allow them to disobey you and not suffer consequences?

If the boy did nothing illegal, the officer should not have even stopped him. The cop was angry. That much is obvious.
people are stopped daily who do nothing against the law. So stop yourself already, learn about our society before you post in a public forum. you look uninformed and demonstrate that indeed you are.

Are you stupid? The police do not have the right to do that. If you haven't committed a crime and are not suspected of committing a crime, they have no right to harass us. We are citizens with rights and the police need to realize that.
dude get out of the house.

I get out of my house every day. I go out clubbing, I go out with my friends. What now? What other ridiculous personal comment are you going to make. Considering you know NOT what you are speaking of, you look like an old fool. :D Keep it up.

Lets see, who to believe? An idiot on a n internet board that saw and can not understand a video or a DA that had all the evidence, all the facts and investigated the situation?

I'm saying that the police need better training to deal with belligerent people. Correct? I'm saying there should be two officers to every patrol car because that would keep citizens, as well as cops safer. Correct?

What could the cop have done differently? Just let the kid go without knowing if he was even a legal driver? Not knowing if this kid had any outstanding arrest warrants?

The cop did his job and everything would have went smoothly if the kid had just complied.

De-escalate the situation. Do not escalate the situation. There was no need for him to kick the cellphone out of the boy's hands. That is when the boy reacted. Now, at that point, the boy was NOT a criminal. He was just not cooperative. The officer proceeds to kick the phone out of the boy's hands and when the boy gets angry and reacts, instead of trying to subdue him and restrain him, he shot him with the taser which malfunctioned. The boy has now been hurt, and reacts again in a negative way. The cop shoots him and kills him. Nope, I'm sorry. This is just not right.

Was the boy wrong? Of course, but he is the BOY in this situation. The officer is the one I expect to have a professional demeanor at ALL times.

When you do not cooperate with a lawful order, you are in fact breaking the law, which makes you a criminal.

You want us to believe that the boy could not do anything but react negatively, that he had no control over his anger and that the cop should have either just let the kid go or take an ass whipping.

Do you have children? Do you allow them to disobey you and not suffer consequences?

My child is an adult, thanks. Why the personal questions? I am not the topic of the thread. I am arguing from a position I have taken. My life and my child are NONE of your business.

I expect more from the officer than I do from the 17-year-old child, YES.

was it in Missouri?

It is CASE LAW, old man.

Not in most States.

Flashing hibeams within 500 ft is not against the law.

was it in Missouri?

It is CASE LAW, old man.
It's a Missouri law. Please.

My child is an adult, thanks. Why the personal questions? I am not the topic of the thread. I am arguing from a position I have taken. My life and my child are NONE of your business.

I expect more from the officer than I do from the 17-year-old child, YES.

The reason I asked is because you sound like you would be a terrible parent. I expect more from my 17 year old than I do anyone else. Regardless of age, gender or profession.

I expect my 17 year old to respect law enforcement and to comply with whatever lawful orders they give.

was it in Missouri?

It is CASE LAW, old man.
It's a Missouri law. Please.

Obviously, you have NO idea what you are talking about.

It was a FEDERAL judge.

Case law is the set of existing rulings which made new interpretations of law and, therefore, can be cited as precedents. In some countries, such as the United States, the term is exclusively used for judicial decisions of selected appellate courts, courts of first instance, and other bodies discharging judicial functions.

Now, maybe you should educate yourself before you make yourself look even MORE a fool than you already look.

In the United States, the title of federal judge means a judge appointed by the President of the United States and confirmed by the United States Senate pursuant to the Appointments Clause in Article II of the United States Constitution.

Forum List

Back