17 yo boy shot by police because he wasn't resisting arrest.

Kids do NOT make "conscious" decisions in a lot of instances. Another reason why they are considered "children."

Yes kids make conscience decisions, they do not respond by instinct. They are human after all and make stupid decisions but they're very much conscience of it.
This brat made a conscious decision to get into a fight with a cop. The brat attacked the cop as the video proves. The DA saw all the evidence........including the data recovered from the cop car's black box.
It PROVED the car did NOT have it's high beams on. The car was examined and the headlights were properly adjusted. The dash cam recording PROVED the brat was flashing his high beams at the cop car which is a civil crime in that state.
The brat was out looking for trouble and he found it. End of story.

No, I'm sorry, we citizens have rights. Are you some kind of government lackey?
who hire police and give them the laws to protect us against. It is expected society obey those laws we all agreed the cops were hired to support. Violation of said rules we give the police the authority to handle. Period!

We also tell officers if they feel threatened by anyone, ANYONE and have justified their actions to defend themselves. PERIOD!!

Sounds as if you would like a police state?
naw, I want kids to respect authority. Period.

bullshit the shots are fired after the kid attacked the cop I don't know what video you 're hallucination but in the one I posted the shoot are very close to the en.d

{
Four minutes into the video, Frost can be heard calling for backup, saying he had a “priority.”

At 4:13 in the video, Frost opens the car door and orders the teen to “get out of the car.”

At 4:25, Frost has his hands on Guilford’s wrist, who is telling him, “do not touch me, officer.”

At 4:35, Frost his pointing a taser at the teen, who is still sitting in the car with the door open.

Guilford steps out of the car, holding his cell phone in his hand, which is recording.

Rather than order him to turn around and place his hands behind his back, which is the normal procedure for suspects who are not suspected of being armed, Frost orders him to lay on the ground with his arms spread to his sides.

“Arms out to the side!” orders Frost.

“I don’t have a weapon,” says Guilford, complying with his orders.

At 5:12, Frost kicks the phone from out of his hands, making that footage go black.

“You can’t do that,” Guilford yells.

“Put your hands behind your back, you’re under arrest,” Frost orders.

At 5:24, Frost tasers the teen, which lasts for several long seconds. That was right after he claimed the teen gave him that vicious look that made him fear for his life.

At 5:29, Frost’s bodycam goes black and for the next few seconds, it sounds as if there might be a struggle because Frost is panting.

At 5:35, a gunshot is heard, followed by several more gunshots.

At 5:37, Guilford can be heard screaming as if in pain.

At 5:38, the scream ends, but at least two more gunshots are fired as a car can be heard whizzing by.}

I'm not at all surprised that you support cops killing peasants at random.

I'm very surprised that any conservative would.

If both the morons on the left like you, and the right are determined to have a police state, liberty is truly doomed.

I defend them when they are obviously involved in a good shoot such as this case.

Out of the millions of stops each day, only a fraction of them end with the cop using unnecessary force.

bullshit the shots are fired after the kid attacked the cop I don't know what video you 're hallucination but in the one I posted the shoot are very close to the en.d

{
Four minutes into the video, Frost can be heard calling for backup, saying he had a “priority.”

At 4:13 in the video, Frost opens the car door and orders the teen to “get out of the car.”

At 4:25, Frost has his hands on Guilford’s wrist, who is telling him, “do not touch me, officer.”

At 4:35, Frost his pointing a taser at the teen, who is still sitting in the car with the door open.

Guilford steps out of the car, holding his cell phone in his hand, which is recording.

Rather than order him to turn around and place his hands behind his back, which is the normal procedure for suspects who are not suspected of being armed, Frost orders him to lay on the ground with his arms spread to his sides.

At 5:12, Frost kicks the phone from out of his hands, making that footage go black.

At 5:24, Frost tasers the teen, which lasts for several long seconds. That was right after he claimed the teen gave him that vicious look that made him fear for his life.

At 5:29, Frost’s bodycam goes black and for the next few seconds, it sounds as if there might be a struggle because Frost is panting.

At 5:38, the scream ends, but at least two more gunshots are fired as a car can be heard whizzing by.}

If both the morons on the left like you, and the right are determined to have a police state, liberty is truly doomed.
that 4 " taller than you.

Not even on his best day.
do you wear your best stilettoes to gain the extra inches?

No, I'll leave the stiletto wearing to you and the boyfriend you're protecting.
ohhh not the false you're gay ploy again!

I doubt it's false, but hey.... to each their own.
it's as false as it gets, you one the other hand after the ass less thing are far more likely to be light in the loafers than I could ever be.

{

thanks for proving you post (570) is a fabrication.

{

yes it is a ticketed offense. you should probably get yourself familiar with the rules of the road. Hopefully you don't drive.

Driving with high beams on is also a violation and a ticketed offense. Go look that one up also.

See post #439, smarty pants. Lol.
was it in Missouri?

It is CASE LAW, old man.
It's a Missouri law. Please.

Obviously, you have NO idea what you are talking about.

It was a FEDERAL judge.

Case law is the set of existing rulings which made new interpretations of law and, therefore, can be cited as precedents. In some countries, such as the United States, the term is exclusively used for judicial decisions of selected appellate courts, courts of first instance, and other bodies discharging judicial functions.

Now, maybe you should educate yourself before you make yourself look even MORE a fool than you already look.

In the United States, the title of federal judge means a judge appointed by the President of the United States and confirmed by the United States Senate pursuant to the Appointments Clause in Article II of the United States Constitution.
Sorry friend but that is for Missouri only. it was state only. feel free to prove me wrong, but you can't. If it had been the supreme court then you'd have a point, but alas, it wasn't.

yep. Moral of the story, listen to the police on traffic stop. Do what you're supposed to do when a police officer asks you for your ID, Insurance and Registration, you provide it or state you don't have them. Not confront the officer like some tough guy. See what can happen. They are the LAW. I'm tired of people thinking they don't have to obey a police officer's request and instead get violent with them. Where are the parents at in this! What have they taught the youths of today? Shame

If you had any kind of psychological or parental background, you would know it is perfectly normal for teenaged boys to challenge authority.

Teenagers: Why Do They Rebel?

Driving fast, breaking curfew, arguing, shoplifting. Teenagers can push your patience, but unfortunately, some kids go as far as blatantly flouting rules or breaking the law, often with tragic results. What's with this rebellious streak? How can parents funnel it into less risky business?

All teens go through similar phases -- the need for independence, a separate identity, testing authority. It's part of growing up; it's also linked to developmental changes in the brain that will eventually help them become analytical adults.
dude, then expect this kind of reaction. I'm sorry the cop has a life as well and quite frankly the kid lost my respect when he failed to respect the officer of the law. Doesn't matter what he got pulled over for. BTW, if the kid did flash his lights, it is a ticketed offense. go look it up!!!

Dude, cops need to be trained WELL to deal with the people they have to deal with. This police officer, instead of understanding that he was dealing with a teen and using his smarts, got angry and an attitude, to say the least. These police need to be trained to deal with teens and other people who may or may not be suffering from a mental illness or something. There are good cops out there who know how to deal with the people and how to de-escalate the situation. There are bad cops out there who do not and do not care.

Oh Jackson, you want to explain to us what you find "funny" about this post? Teenaged boys being gunned down by cops who don't know how to handle people? That "funny" to you?
Oh, poor Chris. You just can't handle the facts, can you. Did you want the Police Officer to invite the brat over for hot chocolate so they could share a conversation about respecting authority while you are in your teens?
Maybe after weeks of this "bonding," the brat would see that respecting authority figures is number one, not their self absorbed self in not complying with directions.
Just as others have pointed out to you, the DA investigated and it was considered a "good stop resulting in a shooting." Let it go. You are losing.
because that's what cops are to these libs babysitters. Like the cop didn't have any other priorities he might have had. Nope, let's go have hot chocolate and cookies. Take the fool off the street and the cop did that. makes sense to me.

What could the cop have done differently? Just let the kid go without knowing if he was even a legal driver? Not knowing if this kid had any outstanding arrest warrants?

The cop did his job and everything would have went smoothly if the kid had just complied.

Blame the cop all you want, but you are gravely wrong.

De-escalate the situation. Do not escalate the situation. There was no need for him to kick the cellphone out of the boy's hands. That is when the boy reacted. Now, at that point, the boy was NOT a criminal. He was just not cooperative. The officer proceeds to kick the phone out of the boy's hands and when the boy gets angry and reacts, instead of trying to subdue him and restrain him, he shot him with the taser which malfunctioned. The boy has now been hurt, and reacts again in a negative way. The cop shoots him and kills him. Nope, I'm sorry. This is just not right.

Was the boy wrong? Of course, but he is the BOY in this situation. The officer is the one I expect to have a professional demeanor at ALL times.

You are nine kinds of wrong.

When you do not cooperate with a lawful order, you are in fact breaking the law, which makes you a criminal.

You want us to believe that the boy could not do anything but react negatively, that he had no control over his anger and that the cop should have either just let the kid go or take an ass whipping.

Do you have children? Do you allow them to disobey you and not suffer consequences?

My child is an adult, thanks. Why the personal questions? I am not the topic of the thread. I am arguing from a position I have taken. My life and my child are NONE of your business.

I expect more from the officer than I do from the 17-year-old child, YES.

The reason I asked is because you sound like you would be a terrible parent. I expect more from my 17 year old than I do anyone else. Regardless of age, gender or profession.

I expect my 17 year old to respect law enforcement and to comply with whatever lawful orders they give.
And if they don't comply you gladly accept them being killed by the cop they showed disrespect towards.

Yeah, sure.
only when the suspects attacks and attempts to kill the cop. Then yeah, it's ok.

When you do not cooperate with a lawful order, you are in fact breaking the law, which makes you a criminal.

You want us to believe that the boy could not do anything but react negatively, that he had no control over his anger and that the cop should have either just let the kid go or take an ass whipping.

Do you have children? Do you allow them to disobey you and not suffer consequences?

I was never inclined to shoot my children for recording me with a cell phone.

I also fail to see police as parental figures.

I still cling to the old republic of free citizens.
me too, especially kids driving weapons on the street and endangering lives. I expect the cop to take them off the street. A job well done by this one.

Your solution is more cops.

Two officers per patrol car. What's your solution?

You think if two cops were there this kid would have complied?

You're a special kind of naïve.

He was an UNARMED teenager.

People can be injured and killed by unarmed individuals.

Your solution is to allow the cop to be injured or killed. Why is his wellness and/or life less valuable?

You don't think two officers could have physically restrained this child? ONE adult man who is a trained officer should have been able to restrain this child with minimal violence required. If he cannot do that, then he has no business being a LEO in this country. The American people should never tolerate police shooting and killing children. Sorry.
guess you've never witnessed that before eh? funny stuff that you think it's just one two buckle your shoe. You need to get out as I already stated. You have no idea the strength of an individual.

[

If a child attacks an officer I would expect the officer to use whatever means necessary to defend himself.

There is no solution for stupidity. No laws will ever prevent irrational behavior.

Back in the old days, the concept used by police was "appropriate response. " A teen mouthing off might get the back of a hand, but they were not executed.

We have lost that, police are viewed as thugs and murderers simply because that is what they are. Police in the 21st century kill at the slightest provocation.
you need to move into this decade dude.

Obviously, you people have NO concept of our rights as citizens. No, the police cannot shoot and kill us because we are unruly. No, they cannot KICK our cellphones out of our hands when we are recording them on a public roadway. They are OUR employees. We pay their salaries, and we have rights to protect us against those police who abuse their power, of which there are MANY.
I think you need to revisit the law. funny stuff here.

I was never inclined to shoot my children for recording me with a cell phone.

I also fail to see police as parental figures.

I still cling to the old republic of free citizens.

This kid was shot because he was attacking a cop. Don't be stupid!

It could have avoided with a little bit of training and a partner on the scene. What is your solution? I want to hear something from you other than making excuses for shooting unarmed children who are unruly and maybe "bratty."
you still haven't stated how you're going to fund this? And it doesn't take away the fact that death might still be the outcome.

Yes. If my kid attacks a cop I expect the cop to take the necessary action and if he has to shoot my kid then so be it.

You want us to believe what we saw on the video was just some kid not complying and got shot instead of what really happened. The kid ATTACKING the cop!

If you are a cop I expect you to be competent enough to deal with and restrain an unarmed kid without killing him/her. If you don't have that core competency, find another career because you don't have what it takes to be a cop, sunshine.
where do you live? I think that is just funny stuff right here. You think a cop is hulk or something? go read up on how cops die. Maybe you should actually educate yourself in how powerful one individual can be. It's really an interesting read.

Oh, poor Chris. You just can't handle the facts, can you. Did you want the Police Officer to invite the brat over for hot chocolate so they could share a conversation about respecting authority while you are in your teens?
Maybe after weeks of this "bonding," the brat would see that respecting authority figures is number one, not their self absorbed self in not complying with directions.
Just as others have pointed out to you, the DA investigated and it was considered a "good stop resulting in a shooting." Let it go. You are losing.

The appropriate response for not "respecting authority" is to shoot a person to death?

Are you people insane?
I completely agree, and it wasn't what happened in this incident either. I think you should actually discuss the facts and then post.

Firstly, was it NECESSARY to rip the kid out of his car and order him to lie on the ground? Could the officer have simply said, okay, if you don't want to cooperate, I am calling for back up and you will be brought to the police station. The choice is yours, and then waited for backup to arrive and stand there? Is it necessary for the police to become violent?

Was it necessary to pull the boy over in the first place? Do you consider flashing your lights to be a crime at all?
sure it was, the kid had no license, he became an illegal driver. It is the cops obligation to society to take such folks off the street. Gawd can't you all just get facts correct once?

Firstly, was it NECESSARY to rip the kid out of his car and order him to lie on the ground? Could the officer have simply said, okay, if you don't want to cooperate, I am calling for back up and you will be brought to the police station. The choice is yours, and then waited for backup to arrive and stand there? Is it necessary for the police to become violent?

Was it necessary to pull the boy over in the first place? Do you consider flashing your lights to be a crime at all?
it is in Michigan.

{

Not even on his best day.
do you wear your best stilettoes to gain the extra inches?

No, I'll leave the stiletto wearing to you and the boyfriend you're protecting.
ohhh not the false you're gay ploy again!

I doubt it's false, but hey.... to each their own.
it's as false as it gets, you one the other hand after the ass less thing are far more likely to be light in the loafers than I could ever be.
Another internet toughie! hahahaha

Forum List

Back