$174,000 for 113 Days Work. Good Gig If You Can Get It.

Post Vietnam we had the wrong armed forces trained to fight the wrong war. Doctrine was wrong as was the equipment.

It was mishandled completely. .and had to be revamped.. Reagan knew that and fixed it.. which costs money

Reagan built a cold war force that was too heavy and too slow

Absolute hogwash.. typical for you though... I served with the training and equipment of the Reagan era.. others in my family served active duty in Reagan's time... The advances in equipment, upbuilding of the forces, etc were not heavy and slow...

You sir, are a COMPLETE idiot

Perhaps you should look at the systems that came out during and just after Reagan's 8 years (hint, look at much of what was used in my war of desert storm...)

And again.. fuck you, wrongwinger

The Strategy of Desert Storm

Yeah.. my military brothers and I were heavy and slow..

Fucking laughable

gulfwar-map1.jpg

The Boehner's "do nothing" Congress isn't planning on any flurry of activities soon.

Congress Working Less Than 1/3 Of Year In 2014, Getting Full Salary

Just when you thought they couldn't get any do nothinger...

How much of the year is congress usually in session?

Not enough.

Seriously [MENTION=24452]Seawytch[/MENTION] - what exactly do you want them to be doing? Funneling more federal dollars to your door step because you're too lazy to work? Legislating more federal housing because you refuse to pay your own rent? Creating fancy new food stamps because you're not capable of feeding yourself?

No, really Seawytch - what? You sure bitch 24x7 about "do nothing" Republicans but I've yet to hear you give the slightest intelligent response as to what they should be doing. I guess you just want them planning your life out for you and providing for you around the clock?

Every single damn problem we have in this country is because of action taken by Congress. 100% of them. Unemployment? Taxes and regulations compliments of Congress. Slaughtered children in Newtown? Victim Zones created by Congress. $17 trillion in debt? Spending by Congress. Loss of freedoms? Over-regulation by Congress. You cannot show me a single problem in America which cannot be traced directly back to a bill that Congress has already created to address that issue.

Apparently Seawytch is literally so stupid, unless Congress is passing a new law every 15 minutes, she's unhappy with them. She doesn't know what she wants them doing (and certainly she won't want them doing anything Constitutional), but she knows she feels warm & fuzzy if they are voting and signing little pieces of paper. :bang3:

It was mishandled completely. .and had to be revamped.. Reagan knew that and fixed it.. which costs money

Absolute hogwash.. typical for you though... I served with the training and equipment of the Reagan era.. others in my family served active duty in Reagan's time... The advances in equipment, upbuilding of the forces, etc were not heavy and slow...

You sir, are a COMPLETE idiot

Perhaps you should look at the systems that came out during and just after Reagan's 8 years (hint, look at much of what was used in my war of desert storm...)

And again.. fuck you, wrongwinger

DD - you have to realize that wrongwinger is a mental midget who literally makes stuff up as he goes just so he can remain in the conversation. He never has a single fact, accurate statement, point, or link. He just jumps in with fiction and hopes it gets him some attention.

Post Vietnam we had the wrong armed forces trained to fight the wrong war. Doctrine was wrong as was the equipment.

I love when this guy Googles the subject being discussed and grabs a libtard buzz word that gets him excited. He comes across as such a buffoon. He's too dumb to even realize the term "cold war" means non-traditional warfare (hence the exact opposite of large-scale military ground forces). The Cold War was fought with spies, covert actions, intimidation, and even economists. It was comprehensive and the very definition of light and flexible.

The worst thing is that after getting bitch slapped in this thread.. the retard will come back and spew the same shit all over again in another

It's just drive by posting. Its like pages of discussion with documented facts dont matter. Watch the next time he refers to Bush losing Florida, lying about WMD in Iraq, or how the stimulus saved the economy.

Horseshit. Taxes have been increased and increased and increased. So when are the spending cuts going to occur? The answer is never. The Dims will simply offer gimmicks instead of any actual spending cuts. The truth is the Dims will never cut spending, not unless you hold a gun to their heads.

Taxes are lower than they were 30 years ago

At no time have republicans offered up spending cuts when they got their tax cuts. After all, tax cuts pay for themselves. :lol:

Incorrect.. the effective rate is just about the same... you know that 30 years ago you used to be able to deduct more things, have more types of investment not counted as income, etc, right?? Of course not, you are an idiot

And again, moron, the cuts that were ONCE AGAIN FOR THE FUTURE CONGRESSES (even under Reagan and O'Neil's government) NEVER CAME ABOUT, BECAUSE FUTURE SESSIONS OF CONGRESS ARE NOT BOUND BY THESE PROPOSALS

Funny how you guys don't propose current cuts that you are bound to, eh??

Yup. Both Reagan and Bush I could tell ya all about that. Remember Bush I and "No new taxes." He got bit in the ass on that one after he made a deal with those asshole Dems. They never carried through with their part of the deal. Something they are quite good at.

They made agreements with the Dem idiots. The Dems took what they could and never carried out their part of the deal.

Last edited:
You obviously don't understand compromise
Neither do Republicans

When asked in a debate whether they would accept $10 in spending cuts for $1 in new taxes.....not a single Republican raised his hand

Except those were not actual cuts.. but 'future' reductions in increases... and not ones that future congresses are bound to uphold.. it is fucking smoke and mirrors... and funny how those cuts are always in the future, and never the current budget...

And funny how those tax increases are only on those 'evil rich' again... while a growing number pay nothing in income tax and become bought votes...

Make cuts to a balanced budget NOW, THIS YEAR THAT CONGRESS IS BOUND TO, then you can talk tax increases.. how do them apples sound??

If we are serious about debt reduction we need to both increase taxes and decrease spending

Everyone has to make a sacrifice

NO, we the people are sacrificing (taxed ENOUGH.already)..this over bloated Federal government filled with an abundance of useless people in it can make cuts first and foremost..Let them sacrifice for a change...Instead we get a new government entitlement from Obama called, ScamCare

Last edited:

Fucking laughable

gulfwar-map1.jpg

Doctrine changed before Desert Storm.

We went from the Cold War massed infantry troops arranged in tight Bn, Bde and Divisions to more moble, self contained Bde centered attack groups. Maneuver took precedence over holding territory
It worked

Last edited:

Fucking laughable

gulfwar-map1.jpg

We went from the Cold War massed infantry troops arranged in tight Bn, Bde and Divisions to more moble, self contained Bde centered attack groups. Maneuver took precedence over holding territory
It worked

Thanks for displaying your ignorance for us all to laugh at. Mass infantry attacks went out with WW I. Machine guns made them ineffective.

I love when this guy Googles the subject being discussed and grabs a libtard buzz word that gets him excited. He comes across as such a buffoon. He's too dumb to even realize the term "cold war" means non-traditional warfare (hence the exact opposite of large-scale military ground forces). The Cold War was fought with spies, covert actions, intimidation, and even economists. It was comprehensive and the very definition of light and flexible.

The Cold War strategy involved defending the Fulda Gap at all costs. Our forces were massed in Germany to defend against a Soviet invasion forces. Tactics and command and control were centered at the Division level with Bde and Battalion tied to the Division
In the late 80s we changed to autonomous Bde forces that were more maneuverable

Fucking laughable

gulfwar-map1.jpg

It worked

Thanks for displaying your ignorance for us all to laugh at. Mass infantry attacks went out with WW I. Machine guns made them ineffective.

:lol:

Fucking laughable

gulfwar-map1.jpg

It worked

You know nothing of the doctrine, the improvements of everything in the 80's... you are simply making this blanket statement of yours as a desperate ploy to retain any credibility (of which you have none)

I am someone who went thru it.. you, per usual, know nothing

The Cold War strategy involved defending the Fulda Gap at all costs. Our forces were massed in Germany to defend against a Soviet invasion forces. Tactics and command and control were centered at the Division level with Bde and Battalion tied to the Division

Despite having a military that was slow and heavy thanks to Reagan. Right?

You prove a little knowledge is a ridiculous thing.

Post Reagan and post Cold War we found that our military was too slow and heavy

It took too long to emplace our Division based units to remote locations. It was both a doctrinal and logistics issue. We could not get effective fighting forces in place rapidly to meet immediate threats.

Desert Storm was a good turning point. It took an exceptionally long time to deploy our heavy forces to Saudi Arabia but once we did we executed a swift "Hail Mary" attack emphasizing maneuver over controlling territory

After Desert Storm we changed our doctrine to lighter forces. Stryker Brigades rather than heavy tanks. Brigade centered combat teams over Divisions

Really?

Reagan did not cut the tax rate?
Reagan did not increase spending?
Reagan did not triple the debt?

What economics school did you go to?

Are you aware that the Federal government is not just the President? Unlike Obama, Reagan was not a dictator who changed laws and spent at his whim. He also didn't get to ignore the House being in the hands of the other party as Obama did.

So yeah, you're still solidly in the realm of no grasp of economics or history and we can now add to the fields you know nothing about.

Reagan got what he asked for

Now explain Reganomics

If people have jobs then they have money and if they have better jobs then they have more money.

Post Reagan and post Cold War we found that our military was too slow and heavy

It took too long to emplace our Division based units to remote locations. It was both a doctrinal and logistics issue. We could not get effective fighting forces in place rapidly to meet immediate threats.

Desert Storm was a good turning point. It took an exceptionally long time to deploy our heavy forces to Saudi Arabia but once we did we executed a swift "Hail Mary" attack emphasizing maneuver over controlling territory

After Desert Storm we changed our doctrine to lighter forces. Stryker Brigades rather than heavy tanks. Brigade centered combat teams over Divisions

Uh huh... right :rolleyes:

The Reagan era started the change from the out of date military setup, maintenance, and practices that were a result of the negligence after Vietnam

You know nothing about what the military was like in those years.. and you can see, by the things that were brought out during desert shield and desert storm (things that did not just pop into existence after Reagan left office), the vast improvement over what we had not 10 years prior

You sir, are an idiot and you do not know what you are talking about

Forum List

Back