$174,000 for 113 Days Work. Good Gig If You Can Get It.

Oh please....don't even go there

The Soviet Military was a mess and we knew it

We continued to build them up as a mighty Cold War adversary to keep the money flowing. After the collapse of the Soviet Union it became obvious to everyone how weak they really were....obsolete, poor maintenance, poor readiness, poor training and horrible morale

Stop making things up as you go along

Oh please.. you are so far out of your knowledge base, you are not even funny anymore

Their equipment, in many cases, was superior to our own.. in some cases, not so much.. while we like to believe, person for person, we were superior, and had a slight (and I do mean slight) advantage in some technology, they had just as good of training, more boots, and vast supply.. their military was far from being in shambles... they were far from obsolete.. and while their morale as a group was not all that (as the whole country was suffering because of totalitarian leftist rule), their units were trained and more than capable of high level combat

YOU are the one who is talking out of your ass, and making shit up...

And yes, I even trained with some long time Russian military folks after we opened up such opportunities with them in later years... I have seen their older and newer technology at the time, I had seen the results of their training, I had seen their effectiveness... and you, dear madam, are a talk-out-your-ass-pansyboy-idiot

Listen Comrade..

I know you have to stand up for the Soviet Military strength....but history has proved you embarassingly wrong

Reality speaks otherwise... you are talking out of your ass on a subject you have zero knowledge of...

Leave military to those who actually know something about it, pansyboy

Then wouldn't you need to invest more to train them correctly and spend money to replace that wrong equipment with the right equipment?

There was never a time in US history when the military was held in lower regard than the post-VietNam years.

The American people had had it with the military and blamed them for the war. Neither Ford nor Carter were going to get anywhere with a push to rebuild the military

That was because a vast majority of americans did not support the stupid waste of lives and money known as the viet nam war.

the military members were the victims of a stupid policy of Kennedy and Johnson.
And pawns of politics/politicians. It continues to this day.
See Afghanistan.

Oh please.. you are so far out of your knowledge base, you are not even funny anymore

Their equipment, in many cases, was superior to our own.. in some cases, not so much.. while we like to believe, person for person, we were superior, and had a slight (and I do mean slight) advantage in some technology, they had just as good of training, more boots, and vast supply.. their military was far from being in shambles... they were far from obsolete.. and while their morale as a group was not all that (as the whole country was suffering because of totalitarian leftist rule), their units were trained and more than capable of high level combat

And yes, I even trained with some long time Russian military folks after we opened up such opportunities with them in later years... I have seen their older and newer technology at the time, I had seen the results of their training, I had seen their effectiveness... and you, dear madam, are a talk-out-your-ass-pansyboy-idiot

Listen Comrade..

I know you have to stand up for the Soviet Military strength....but history has proved you embarassingly wrong

Reality speaks otherwise... you are talking out of your ass on a subject you have zero knowledge of...

I have customers/friends who were active in Germany in the 1980s. Yeah they didnt the Soviets were paper tigers. The Soviet advantage in tanks was considerable.
Nutsucker is demonstrating he can spin tales with the best of this administration.

Flat out lie

History proved you wrong

The Soviet Military machine turned out to be a paper tiger. Bloated, obsolete with piss poor morale. The Soviet stregth was exaggerated by the military industrial complex to ensure the money kept flowing.......the actual threat was nowhere close

No.. it has not.. you keep stating it, which does not make it so

Soviets were far from a paper tiger.. it was their leftist economic model that put them under, trying to keep up with the vast improvements we were doing.. that in combination with the citizenry having dissent

Their military might was still something to be feared.. and was, in many ways superior to ours, though lacking in others.. their technology, training, and capabilities were nothing to sneeze at

You are so goddamn ignorant
I had to study my counterparts in the Spetsnaz during Reagan...those guys were fierce.

There was never a time in US history when the military was held in lower regard than the post-VietNam years.

The American people had had it with the military and blamed them for the war. Neither Ford nor Carter were going to get anywhere with a push to rebuild the military

That was because a vast majority of americans did not support the stupid waste of lives and money known as the viet nam war.

the military members were the victims of a stupid policy of Kennedy and Johnson.
And pawns of politics/politicians. It continues to this day.
See Afghanistan.

Yes, it does, we are currently losing american kids and billions of dollars in Iraq and Afghanistan for fricken nothing. When will we learn?

Oh please....don't even go there

The Soviet Military was a mess and we knew it

We continued to build them up as a mighty Cold War adversary to keep the money flowing. After the collapse of the Soviet Union it became obvious to everyone how weak they really were....obsolete, poor maintenance, poor readiness, poor training and horrible morale

Stop making things up as you go along

Listen Comrade..

When did it do that? I must have missed it.

Listen Comrade..

I have customers/friends who were active in Germany in the 1980s. Yeah they didnt the Soviets were paper tigers. The Soviet advantage in tanks was considerable.
Nutsucker is demonstrating he can spin tales with the best of this administration.

They had the advantage in quality until we got the M-1. The libturds poo-poohed it's development all the way to the finish line. Complained that it was a white elephant. Then after the first Iraq war they whined that our advantage in weapons wasn't "fair" to the Iraqis.

Listen Comrade..

Numbers mean nothing

We saw the lethality of Soviet tanks in Iraq. We just blew through them with our Abrams. It was embarrassing.

When the Soviet Union fell, their tanks were just not inferior but they were poorly maintained, sustainability was horrible, tactics and training were a joke

Last edited:

Numbers mean nothing

We saw the lethality of Soviet tanks in Iraq. We just blew through them with our Abrams. It was embarrassing.

When the Soviet Union fell, their tanks were just not inferior bu they were poorly maintained, sustainability was horrible, tactics and training were a joke

You mean in 1990 after Reagan built up the military and the Soviets couldn't compete? Yeah, that's right.

Numbers mean nothing

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, you have to stop demonstrating your ignorance about the military.

You're killing me with this shit!

Allow me to clue you in: FDR and his generals had exactly the opposite view during WW II. The Sherman tank was one of the shittiest tanks on the battle-field. The German tanks were an entire generation ahead. But the Shermans vastly outnumbered the Panthers and Tigers.

What we saw is the lethality of Russian tanks with poorly trained crews and without air power. Without air superiority, your tanks are sitting ducks.

When the Soviet Union fell, their tanks were just not inferior bu they were poorly maintained, sustainability was horrible, tactics and training were a joke

That may have been true by the time the Soviet Union fell. Ours were in the same condition when Jimmy Carter was in office.

Numbers mean nothing

You mean in 1990 after Reagan built up the military and the Soviets couldn't compete? Yeah, that's right.

Are you ready?

The M1 Abrahns tank was developed under........ready?

Jimmy Carter

Numbers mean nothing

Are you ready?

Jimmy Carter

Like much of what you know that is wrong too. Development started in the 1960s. The tank wasn't fielded in numbers until the Reagan years.

Numbers mean nothing

Are you ready?

Jimmy Carter

Wrong again!

M1 Abrams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Designed 1972 – 1979"

Heh.
Adjusted for inflation, that's less than my household income, 1983-1989.
Worked 200-210 days per year - and then collected unemployment from the state of New York for the remainder.
:dunno:

Listen Comrade..

Soviet advantage in most all mechanized infantry was there.. as well as subs, ICBM technology, the basic infantry rifle of the time, (AK far superior to A-1 and early A-2 M-16 models), and elecetronic espionage warfare..

But hey, wrongwinger THINKS himself a bast expert over those who actually dealt with the Russians, trained with the Russians, and knows about our military as well.. his claim trumps experience, that's for sure.. :rolleyes:

What a fucking tool

History proved you wrong

The Soviet Military machine turned out to be a paper tiger. Bloated, obsolete with piss poor morale. The Soviet stregth was exaggerated by the military industrial complex to ensure the money kept flowing.......the actual threat was nowhere close

No.. it has not.. you keep stating it, which does not make it so

Soviets were far from a paper tiger.. it was their leftist economic model that put them under, trying to keep up with the vast improvements we were doing.. that in combination with the citizenry having dissent

Their military might was still something to be feared.. and was, in many ways superior to ours, though lacking in others.. their technology, training, and capabilities were nothing to sneeze at

You are so goddamn ignorant
I had to study my counterparts in the Spetsnaz during Reagan...those guys were fierce.

Their special forces training did not have the human rights limitations ours had.. those were some tough and highly trained motherfuckers... but.. if wrongwinger says something is true, IT MUST BE TRUE!!! :rolleyes:

Numbers mean nothing

When the Soviet Union fell, their tanks were just not inferior but they were poorly maintained, sustainability was horrible, tactics and training were a joke

You know the Russian tanks the Iraqis had were much older models, right?? Not maintained.. also operated by scared soldiers who saw us bearing down on this

My God, you are dense

Numbers mean nothing

Are you ready?

Jimmy Carter

Flat out wrong again.. but keep trying your wiki mastery

Forum List

Back