18%

Republicans hate the government, and every time they get in power they try to destroy it.

Irony alert....the biggest employer in the deep red state of Utah....the U.S. government.

800k = 18%?

Holy
Shit!

3,600,000 Federal employees.

Tell me they are counting the military.

preatty pleeeze

***** A Wall Street Journal review of agencies' shutdown plans found that more than 818,000 workers would be furloughed. In all, the federal government employs just under 2.9 million civilian employees. *****

:eek:
More Than 800,000 Federal Workers Are Furloughed - WSJ.com

Out of a population of 308 million?

That isn't too bad.

Can our economy afford that many people not working? No, not really.

And that "18%" seems to be leaving out the collateral damage of people that work at commissaries (like the Baggers that work only for tips) or the towns whose economies depend on our National Parks.

This isn't "no big deal". It's hurting people and hurting our economy.

The economy needs people that aren't producing? Since when? Our economy is better off without these people working and sucking up tax payer dollars.

We are better off with them unemployed, at least we just pay the welfare without the inflated salaries and benefits.

Maybe you'll be lucky enough to eat some contaminated fish or meat in the near future.

Because we know that food producers don't care about selling tainted product, right?

I want to see a poll that asks:
Currently 18% of gov't workers are furloughed. What percentage do you think we need back to have the gov't running again?

Obama added 11% to the Gov't Workforce using the data from the original article. We didn't need them before Obama came into office, so why do we need them now..................

To top that off, he's hiring more for Obamacare. Increasing the size of Gov't again. Which will cost us another 180 BILLION a year by the last CBO estimates which always end up low.

Finally, the article shows how the Private Sector is down 5%, and States have cut 2% of their work forces. Everyone else gets the shaft and Big Gov't goes up. Go figure when we have STATISTS in office.

Obama added 11% to the Gov't Workforce using the data from the original article. We didn't need them before Obama came into office, so why do we need them now..................

To top that off, he's hiring more for Obamacare. Increasing the size of Gov't again. Which will cost us another 180 BILLION a year by the last CBO estimates which always end up low.

Finally, the article shows how the Private Sector is down 5%, and States have cut 2% of their work forces. Everyone else gets the shaft and Big Gov't goes up. Go figure when we have STATISTS in office.

Then the original article is full of shit.

Total Government Employment Since 1962

(Numbers in thousands)

2000 4,129
2001 4,132
2002 4,152
2003 4,210
2004 4,187
2005 4,138
2006 4,133
2007 4,127
2008 4,206
2009 4,430
2010 4,443
2011 4,403

Overall government employment however has dropped dramatically.

Can our economy afford that many people not working? No, not really.

And that "18%" seems to be leaving out the collateral damage of people that work at commissaries (like the Baggers that work only for tips) or the towns whose economies depend on our National Parks.

This isn't "no big deal". It's hurting people and hurting our economy.

The economy needs people that aren't producing? Since when? Our economy is better off without these people working and sucking up tax payer dollars.

We are better off with them unemployed, at least we just pay the welfare without the inflated salaries and benefits.

Maybe you'll be lucky enough to eat some contaminated fish or meat in the near future.
Did you know that all the contaminated food that's been eaten for decades happened while the Fed was looking?

Republicans hate the government, and every time they get in power they try to destroy it.

Irony alert....the biggest employer in the deep red state of Utah....the U.S. government.

since when?

The only party to shrink the Fed was Clintons party. He fucked over Veterans to downsize the military.

of course vile fucks like you cheered when it happened, but now people being out of work for a short time is wrong.

In case you don't know, that's hypocrassy

Sadly, the communities most impacted are the very rural communtities that most depend on government employment. The very same communities that vote GOP election after election. Wonder if they will in the next election. In the very rural area I grew up in, which had an unemploymnet rate of 12% prior to the shutdown, there is now a 23% unemployment rate. I think we are seeing the "Keep government out of my Medicare" mentallity on the part of those that continue to support the very people that are destroying their communities economy.

since when?

The only party to shrink the Fed was Clintons party. He fucked over Veterans to downsize the military.

of course vile fucks like you cheered when it happened, but now people being out of work for a short time is wrong.

In case you don't know, that's hypocrassy

And if our military only spent as much as the next 3 countries combined, the world would end?

800k = 18%?

Holy
Shit!

3,600,000 Federal employees.

Tell me they are counting the military.

preatty pleeeze

***** A Wall Street Journal review of agencies' shutdown plans found that more than 818,000 workers would be furloughed. In all, the federal government employs just under 2.9 million civilian employees. *****

:eek:
More Than 800,000 Federal Workers Are Furloughed - WSJ.com

At $20 an hour plus benefits....

$40 K a year is a lot?

In the very rural area I grew up in, which had an unemploymnet rate of 12% prior to the shutdown, there is now a 23% unemployment rate.

Which specific jobs in a rural area caused unemployment to jump 11% due to the shutdown?

Last edited:

(Numbers in thousands)

2000 4,129
2001 4,132
2002 4,152
2003 4,210
2004 4,187
2005 4,138
2006 4,133
2007 4,127
2008 4,206
2009 4,430
2010 4,443
2011 4,403

Is there some rule that says being a lesbian is for the terminally stupid? Because all the self-professed lezzies here are dumb as dirt. I dont discount that some of them might actually be men.

Because the original article quoted referred to Federal workers. Your post refers to total gov't employment. That would include states, counties, and cities. Those have been cutting expenses like mad for the last 5 years, probably more than offsetting growth in the federal sector.

(Numbers in thousands)

2000 4,129
2001 4,132
2002 4,152
2003 4,210
2004 4,187
2005 4,138
2006 4,133
2007 4,127
2008 4,206
2009 4,430
2010 4,443
2011 4,403

NY times knows more than federal agencies.

Your a tool. Pushing the BS of Liberals saying it from the NY Times.

LOL

In the very rural area I grew up in, which had an unemploymnet rate of 12% prior to the shutdown, there is now a 23% unemployment rate.

Which specific jobs in a rural area caused unemployment to jump 11% due to the shutdown?

It can't be the gov't workers. Because they are not collecting unemployment benefits. It might be those working at privately owned facilities on gov't land, who were told by Park Service employees that they had to shut down, even though it cost the gov't nothing.

(Numbers in thousands)

2000 4,129
2001 4,132
2002 4,152
2003 4,210
2004 4,187
2005 4,138
2006 4,133
2007 4,127
2008 4,206
2009 4,430
2010 4,443
2011 4,403

Is there some rule that says being a lesbian is for the terminally stupid? Because all the self-professed lezzies here are dumb as dirt. I dont discount that some of them might actually be men.

Because the original article quoted referred to Federal workers. Your post refers to total gov't employment. That would include states, counties, and cities. Those have been cutting expenses like mad for the last 5 years, probably more than offsetting growth in the federal sector.

The first link and provided numbers were of Federal employees. The 2nd was overall government employment. I stated such in the original post. Your inability to read shouldn't cause you to lash out at others so vehemently. Perhaps you need more coffee?

Where are (were) all these people working?
300,000 new jobs since 2001

I see the uptick after 911 and understand that part of it....but
:eusa_eh:

I'm one... got hired in mid 2009....true story...:lol:

Can I ask in what capacity?

Are you redundant?

dept of energy, thats all I'll say, to be fair, I don't know anyone who would admit to being redundant;)

That being said; my position is a one off, yes they most definitely needed someone to do what I do. Scientists gave up grant money and the division gave up money to bucket it for my salary and benes, their return is the organization I brought, skills in my particular area which they needed badly and allowing scientists to do what they do, instead of the work I now perform for them, in short they utilize their time better now.

Which means 100% of the government is getting paid.

Funny that.....

and no work is being done in those capacities...if they rolled me out on furlough, I would not expect to get paid, but then again I spent significant time in private industry before I worked for the gov. and understand efficiency and $$, they don't.

(Numbers in thousands)

2000 4,129
2001 4,132
2002 4,152
2003 4,210
2004 4,187
2005 4,138
2006 4,133
2007 4,127
2008 4,206
2009 4,430
2010 4,443
2011 4,403

The first link and provided numbers were of Federal employees. The 2nd was overall government employment. I stated such in the original post. Your inability to read shouldn't cause you to lash out at others so vehemently. Perhaps you need more coffee?

You stated "the first article is full of shit" implying that it was incorrect. You posted as proof evidence that did not contradict the first article. Now you state I have an inability to read.
Are you lying or merely stupid?

You stated "the first article is full of shit" implying that it was incorrect. You posted as proof evidence that did not contradict the first article. Now you state I have an inability to read.
Are you lying or merely stupid?

Eagle stated that the article in the OP made the claim that Federal employment had risen 11% since President Obama took office. That isn't true as I provide in my first link. Overall government employment is down dramatically nationwide as I provided in my second link. Caught up now?

Forum List

Back