1960s & 1970s revolutions in music

Psychedelic rock
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Psychedelic rock is a style of rock music that is inspired or influenced by psychedelic culture and attempts to replicate and enhance the mind-altering experiences of psychedelic drugs. It often uses new recording techniques and effects and sometimes draws on sources such as the ragas and drones of Indian music.

It was pioneered by musicians including the Beatles, the Beach Boys, the Byrds, and the Yardbirds, emerging as a genre during the mid-1960s among folk rock and blues rock bands in the United Kingdom and United States, such as Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Cream, the Doors and Pink Floyd. It reached a peak in between 1967 and 1969 with the Summer of Love and Woodstock Rock Festival, respectively, becoming an international musical movement and associated with a widespread counterculture, before beginning a decline as changing attitudes, the loss of some key individuals and a back-to-basics movement, led surviving performers to move into new musical areas...'

I love psychedelic rock! :rock:

The short version. :D I heard this song was originally supposed to be called "In The Garden of Eden" but this guy was all messed up and couldn't pronounce it right. Lol. Sure a lot of you already know this, but just FYI.

How about

In a Gadda Stravinsky

Psychedelic rock

Psychedelic rock is a style of rock music that is inspired or influenced by psychedelic culture and attempts to replicate and enhance the mind-altering experiences of psychedelic drugs. It often uses new recording techniques and effects and sometimes draws on sources such as the ragas and drones of Indian music.

It was pioneered by musicians including the Beatles, the Beach Boys, the Byrds, and the Yardbirds, emerging as a genre during the mid-1960s among folk rock and blues rock bands in the United Kingdom and United States, such as Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Cream, the Doors and Pink Floyd. It reached a peak in between 1967 and 1969 with the Summer of Love and Woodstock Rock Festival, respectively, becoming an international musical movement and associated with a widespread counterculture, before beginning a decline as changing attitudes, the loss of some key individuals and a back-to-basics movement, led surviving performers to move into new musical areas...'

The short version. :D I heard this song was originally supposed to be called "In The Garden of Eden" but this guy was all messed up and couldn't pronounce it right. Lol. Sure a lot of you already know this, but just FYI.

How about

In a Gadda Stravinsky

:lol: Clever!

Psychedelic rock

How about

In a Gadda Stravinsky

:lol: Clever!

Thank Zappa for that, he took in a Gadda base line and improvised birds of fire over it

The only pre-90s music I like is blues, jazz and classical. Everything else sucks. Maybe the early work from NiN or Nirvana..
Of course, I am a metal head :rock:

You don't like classic rock? I love it! :) I think I like most kinds of music except country, but there are even a FEW (very few though) country songs that I like.
Oh god no lol. Classic rock was terrible. I grew up listening to it.. The only band I carried from my parents music was Metallica. And they fuckin suck now.. have sucked for the last decade.. but their old stuff is :thup:

LOL.... 100- 200 -300 years from now, between the two genres... what music do you think would be put in a time capsule to endure for all time?

The only pre-90s music I like is blues, jazz and classical. Everything else sucks. Maybe the early work from NiN or Nirvana..

You don't like classic rock? I love it! :) I think I like most kinds of music except country, but there are even a FEW (very few though) country songs that I like.
Oh god no lol. Classic rock was terrible. I grew up listening to it.. The only band I carried from my parents music was Metallica. And they fuckin suck now.. have sucked for the last decade.. but their old stuff is :thup:

LOL.... 100- 200 -300 years from now, between the two genres... what music do you think would be put in a time capsule to endure for all time?
What does that have to do with opinion? Why would popular opinion influence MY opinion?

What does that have to do with opinion? Why would popular opinion influence MY opinion?

You make a good point, but your taste in music is awful. :D :itsok:

That's ok. Yours is too :p

That's ok. Yours is too :p

Hmm. Maybe we should do a poll. :D

Forum List

Back