1960s & 1970s revolutions in music

British Invasion
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The arrival of the Beatles in the U.S., and subsequent appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show, marked the start of the British Invasion.
The British Invasion was a phenomenon that occurred in the mid-1960s when rock and pop music acts from the United Kingdom,[1] as well as other aspects of British culture, became popular in the United States, and significant to the rising "counterculture" on both sides of the Atlantic.[2] Pop and rock groups such as the Beatles, the Dave Clark Five,[3] the Kinks,[4] the Rolling Stones, Herman's Hermits, the Animals, and the Who[5] were at the forefront of the invasion...'

my favorite band:

Heart was my first concert. :)

Emmure was mine

never heard of em...

A lot of people haven't. MOST metal bands are unheard of. Except for the "metal base" of course. Besides bands like slipknot and korn etc

That's because they're awful. :D Lol.

lol it just takes certain appreciations. guitars, drums, screaming and singing. You know, talent :lol:

I cannot understand how anyone cannot like LZ. It is just beyond my comprehensive abilities. :D

Saw them twice. Their live show was how young people fuck: no opening act, 2 1/2 hours of total devotion, 2 encores.

Fucking sweet!

Forum List

Back