1983 Beirut Bombing - New York Times

Show me where Reagan lied about what happened. Then we can have an equal discussion.

This is the Status Quo with these Nazis. It's called deflection. Not one of the worthless jerks will take that thug in the White House to task; instead either blaming Bush, or Reagan of hell, Nixon.

Cowards. :mad:

Lol. Funny. Paperman, you just got finished lecturing others in my thread about how their sense of justice in regards to Benghazi were motivated by hatred of the President. How ironic that I would find you thanking a post by a liberal, using the deaths of 161 people for political points, and as a weapon of hatred against a long passed president.

Your outrage is hollow. Your indignance is only skin deep, my friend. Your hypocrisy is plainly evident.

241 Marines blown to pieces in their sleep while Reagan watched.

And did nothing!

Obama Fluffers to the Kneepads!!

There's no doubt now in my mind that Reagan, was indeed quite possibly, one of America's worst president ever!

EVER!

His polling numbers beg to differ (via Gallup).

Reagan had a 63% approval rating when he left office. That makes him one of the best presidents in American history.

Carter on the other hand left with a 54% disapproval rating, which makes him one of the worst presidents in American history.

Move along.

Show me where Reagan lied about what happened. Then we can have an equal discussion.

This is the Status Quo with these Nazis. It's called deflection. Not one of the worthless jerks will take that thug in the White House to task; instead either blaming Bush, or Reagan of hell, Nixon.

You are the coward for not facing up to reality. like the Nazi that you are.

Godwin's Law is now in effect.

Now, you are the coward for deflecting to something that happened 30 years ago. You cannot face the fact Obama and his pals lied to the American people about the deaths of four government employees. It is you who is not facing up to reality, like the head-in-the-sand liberal you really are.

I wonder why the Ambassador to Lebanon was not killed this tragic day, I guess its because the Marines were in a Combat Zone that everyone recognized as such, even the President Ronald Reagan recognized that Beirut was a Combat Zone, I guess that is why the Marines were there, not an Ambassador.

Now, you are the coward for deflecting to something that happened 30 years ago. You cannot face the fact Obama and his pals lied to the American people about the deaths of four government employees. It is you who is not facing up to reality, like the head-in-the-sand liberal you really are.

I guess that you must have the same problem with what Jr., Cheney, and RumsFAILED did with the lying that they did.

Or................do you believe that we went into a "just war" with Iraq?

If so, you're just another sheeple.

Good luck with that. Support the Koch brothers if you can.

Both are fucked.

This is proof that you hold Obama to a different standard than previous Presidents.

I guess that you must have the same problem with what Jr., Cheney, and RumsFAILED did with the lying that they did.

Or................do you believe that we went into a "just war" with Iraq?

If so, you're just another sheeple.

Good luck with that. Support the Koch brothers if you can.

Both are fucked.

That's cute.

None of those three have anything to do with why you can't handle the truth of the matter. No, I don't like war of any kind. I don't like America acting as the policeman. But I also don't stand for people lying through their teeth about the death of others either. Obama lied, Rice and Hillary lied as well. If you want to know who's fucked, its those three.

I could care less who the Koch Brothers are. They are nothing but a liberal meme, a reason for you to hate the rich and prosperous. I mean, why ignore George Soros? He 20 times more wealthy than the Koch brothers are.

Yeah that's just like an attack on the anniversary of 9/11

Using dead Marines to fluff Obama, that's a low even for Liberals

Uh, excuse me Frank, but the Beirut Barracks bombing was on October 23, 1983.

But this happened on April 18, just 6 months earlier!

April 18, 1983 Bombing of U.S. Embassy in Beirut
blank.gif

A suicide bomber in a pickup truck loaded with explosives rammed into the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon.

Sixty-three people were killed, including 17 Americans, eight of whom were employees of the Central Intelligence Agency, including chief Middle East analyst Robert C. Ames and station chief Kenneth Haas.

*snip*

The U.S. government took no military action in response to the embassy bombing, although, according to retired Marine Lt. Col. Bill Cowan, a covert military team entered Beirut in order to gather intelligence in preparation for retaliatory strikes.

Last edited:
November 2016 approaches.

Nervous much?

It's too late, lads.

And the mid-terms? Fergeddaboutit. :lol:

That's the conventional wisdom. I think it's wrong. :)

You must think it correct considering your deflection of present-day realities.
This thread has nothing to do with the mid-terms.

But I think the Democrats have a plan to rally voters. It may come in the form of Rovian ballot initiatives on marijuana, or it may just be a massive, celebrity-fueled GOTV campaign. It may be in the form of another teabagger implosion - I smell one with "divide and conquer" Tillis. Could be his "legitimate rape" or "47%".

Hagen is looking stronger lately, and Grimes is looking very strong in Kentucky. Same with Michelle Nunn in Georgia.

I wonder why the Ambassador to Lebanon was not killed this tragic day, I guess its because the Marines were in a Combat Zone that everyone recognized as such, even the President Ronald Reagan recognized that Beirut was a Combat Zone, I guess that is why the Marines were there, not an Ambassador.
So why did he cut and run?

Did Reagan blame it on a video????

Did he deny any support to the Marines when they requested it?

Reagan should've leveled many Arab countries for that incident but that was at the height of the Cold War with Russia in those Arab countries....I wouldn't be shocked if someday intel shows Russia was behind arming those Islamic goons.

Reagan should've leveled many Arab countries for that incident but that was at the height of the Cold War with Russia in those Arab countries....I wouldn't be shocked if someday intel shows Russia was behind arming those Islamic goons.

But he didn't because he was WEAK!

Sorry, Rebecca! :lol:

Bla bla bla... that dumb fuck Reagan did nothing but turn tail and run. Fucking coward!

Yanno..............lots of more embassies were attacked under Reagan.

Why weren't there more inquiries for that?

Probably because they wanted to find out where they fucked up so that they could protect those inside a bit better.

When the Marines were blown up, there was an inquiry that lasted about 2 months.

They found the problems, and found solutions to keep the problems from happening as often.

Reagan lost a whole bunch of Marines who were supposed to be safe. Benghazi lost a diplomat who (on his own) went into hostile areas on a regular basis, to show that Americans meant no harm.

Which is more important, Beruit or Benghazi?

Me? I'd say both..................find out where the problem was and fix it.

Forum List

Back