2,009-Page, $1,205,146,000,000 Republican Spending Deal Allows Funding of Planned Parenthood

Does Congress really want to spend these trillions on warring there to support their military industrial complex donors and buddies?

Ask Obama...he dragged this country into war in Lbya on his own, seemingly to help Al Qaeida take over Libya, and is spending millions to train ISIS troops (5 guys) and to continue to poke his nose into Syria's civil war...

The Pelosi is strong with this latest Republican fraud. I can assure you, most didn't even bother to read the whole thing. The royal political elites just wanna get outta town to enjoy their lavish holiday vacations. Busy scheduling their tee times and all that. No time for the People. The whole thing went pretty much like this..

WOO HOO! IT'S PAAARTY TIME! TO HELL WIT Y'ALL DUMBASSES!! WE OUT!! SEE YA!!

The Pelosi is strong with this latest Republican fraud. I can assure you, most didn't even bother to read the whole thing. The royal political elites just wanna get outta town to enjoy their lavish holiday vacations. Busy scheduling their tee times and all that. No time for the People. The whole thing went pretty much like this..

WOO HOO! IT'S PAAARTY TIME! TO HELL WIT Y'ALL DUMBASSES!! WE OUT!! SEE YA!!

Aren't you proud of the new batch of right wingers from that last little midterm election?

I'm just glad Mitch McConnell got his rich race track buddies some more Tax Dollars. That was a close call. All is well. ;)

THIS IS WHY TRUMP IS GOING TO BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT!!!!!!!! The Republican's and especially the NEW House Speaker, are a bunch of cowardly shits!

CNS ^ | December 16, 2015 | Terence P. Jeffrey
The 2,009 page fiscal 2016 spending deal that the Republican House leadership released today authorizes $1,205,146,000,000 in federal outlays between now and the end of fiscal 2016, according to the Congressional Budget Office, and it does not prohibit funding of Planned Parenthood, according to the House Appropriations Committee. The spending bill is paired with a separate 233-page tax bill. “We are maintaining all of our pro-life protections, including the Hyde Amendment, and we are making cuts to the UNFPA program,” House Speaker Paul Ryan said of the omnibus spending bill at a press conference today. Planned Parenthood is the nation’s...
I have to check out more information about this budget. I don't think too highly of people obsessed with planned parenthood pro or con. Abortion is the all-American smokescreen issue.

Within this budget deal, I understand that the moratorium on crude oil exports has been lifted, and I find that significant - better way to spend GOP political capital.
can you explain to me why lifting the oil moratorium on exports is good?

I know nothing about the issue in any depth.....however, it just seems wrong, when we mouth off all the time about the need to get off the middle eastern oil teet, so that we can get out of all of these middle east wars and jihadists and stop wasting TRILLIONS of our tax dollars on them???

Does Congress really want to spend these trillions on warring there to support their military industrial complex donors and buddies?
I'm up in the air on 'good'. Potentially, fuel prices go up, etc.

I do call this significant because it makes the US a potential player on the crude oil exporters list. This alternative to ME oil could sit well with the European and Chinese punters, and further marginalize that stupid region. I don't expect we'll be exporting huge quantities any time soon, but getting there means privately funded infrastructure projects and the like. In the long term, this is a way to moderate the trade deficits we have with Asia.

Ask Obama...he dragged this country into war in Lbya on his own, seemingly to help Al Qaeida take over Libya, and is spending millions to train ISIS troops (5 guys) and to continue to poke his nose into Syria's civil war...
It was a NATO mission or a coalition on nations that know much more than you and I On the subject, we can arm chair second guess and accuse all we want, free speech and all....but I doubt you or I know more than these nations and their combined intelligence....

REGARDLESS, do you think we should open up our oil for foreigners instead of keeping it here in the USA to use, so we can buy less M/E oil and spend less taxes on perpetual war there????

THIS IS WHY TRUMP IS GOING TO BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT!!!!!!!! The Republican's and especially the NEW House Speaker, are a bunch of cowardly shits!

The 2,009 page fiscal 2016 spending deal that the Republican House leadership released today authorizes $1,205,146,000,000 in federal outlays between now and the end of fiscal 2016, according to the Congressional Budget Office, and it does not prohibit funding of Planned Parenthood, according to the House Appropriations Committee. The spending bill is paired with a separate 233-page tax bill. “We are maintaining all of our pro-life protections, including the Hyde Amendment, and we are making cuts to the UNFPA program,” House Speaker Paul Ryan said of the omnibus spending bill at a press conference today. Planned Parenthood is the nation’s...
I have to check out more information about this budget. I don't think too highly of people obsessed with planned parenthood pro or con. Abortion is the all-American smokescreen issue.

Within this budget deal, I understand that the moratorium on crude oil exports has been lifted, and I find that significant - better way to spend GOP political capital.
can you explain to me why lifting the oil moratorium on exports is good?

I know nothing about the issue in any depth.....however, it just seems wrong, when we mouth off all the time about the need to get off the middle eastern oil teet, so that we can get out of all of these middle east wars and jihadists and stop wasting TRILLIONS of our tax dollars on them???

I'm up in the air on 'good'. Potentially, fuel prices go up, etc.

I do call this significant because it makes the US a potential player on the crude oil exporters list. This alternative to ME oil could sit well with the European and Chinese punters, and further marginalize that stupid region. I don't expect we'll be exporting huge quantities any time soon, but getting there means privately funded infrastructure projects and the like. In the long term, this is a way to moderate the trade deficits we have with Asia.
I just don't know if this is right or in our best interest and it seems so "forked tongued" from congress critters.

Don't you think that the 2016 election will be the referendum on immigration?

I suppose if a guy like T-rump wins easily while claiming to build a wall, step up deportation, stop ME immigrants etc. you would be correct. That would show American public has had enough illegal and legal immigration?
The matter needs to emerge from the RNC and get chopped up in a head-to-head with the opposition at a few general election debates. That could help defeat the denial at the political level, that Americans think the matter's serious.

And they funded sanctuary cities, resettlement of illegals and gave away the store. I don't believe in the Republican party. The establishment has ruined it.

YEAs —65
Alexander (R-TN)
Ayotte (R-NH)
Baldwin (D-WI)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Bennet (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Blunt (R-MO)
Booker (D-NJ)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Capito (R-WV)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Coats (R-IN)
Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME)
Coons (D-DE)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Donnelly (D-IN)
Durbin (D-IL) Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gardner (R-CO)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Graham (R-SC)
Hatch (R-UT)
Heinrich (D-NM)
Heitkamp (D-ND)
Heller (R-NV)
Hirono (D-HI)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Kirk (R-IL)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Lankford (R-OK)
Leahy (D-VT)
McConnell (R-KY)
Menendez (D-NJ) Mikulski (D-MD)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Perdue (R-GA)
Peters (D-MI)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rounds (R-SD)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Tillis (R-NC)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wicker (R-MS)

NAYs —33
Boozman (R-AR)
Burr (R-NC)
Cassidy (R-LA)
Cotton (R-AR)
Crapo (R-ID)
Cruz (R-TX)
Daines (R-MT)
Enzi (R-WY)
Ernst (R-IA)
Fischer (R-NE)
Flake (R-AZ) Grassley (R-IA)
Lee (R-UT)
Manchin (D-WV)
Markey (D-MA)
McCain (R-AZ)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Merkley (D-OR)
Moran (R-KS)
Paul (R-KY)
Portman (R-OH)
Risch (R-ID) Sanders (I-VT)
Sasse (R-NE)
Scott (R-SC)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Sullivan (R-AK)
Tester (D-MT)
Thune (R-SD)
Toomey (R-PA)
Vitter (R-LA)
Wyden (D-OR)

Not Voting – 2
Boxer (D-CA) Rubio (R-FL)

Read more: UPDATED WITH FULL ROLL CALL VOTE –> SENATE PASSES OMNIBUS SPENDING BILL

Taxpayer funding is NOT used for abortions. Planned Parenthood offers subsidized health care screening for low income women, and that is where the taxpayer dollars go. This continual accusation that Federal dollars are going for abortions is getting very old. Planned Parenthood is a freaking drop in the bucket compared to the Federal budget.

We have 10K baby boomers entering social security/Medicare on a daily basis is the problem. And this rate will continue for the next 12 to 13 years.

The ONLY way to get SUBSTANTIAL budget cuts is to cut Military, Social Security & Medicare. And Republicans aren't going to vote for that. And you're not going to do anything about Obamacare, until Obama is out of the Oval office and we have a congress that is willing to work across party lines to get something done.

I am so sick and tired of all the arm chair quarterbacks on the right.

chart

Last edited:
That is how real government works. Compromise is a necessity. The far rights insistence on no compromise is evidence of their complete lack of understanding of governance.

Forum List

Back