2.2 million jobs created since the election. Hooray USA! This is a good thing, right?

Now, I could have sworn that the only "jobs" number that mattered was the percentage of people not in the labor force.

That's what you guys were saying for Obama's 8 years.

How is that number doing?
As baby boomers retire it goes up
Republicans conveniently left that part out the last 8 years. Now they acknowledge it? Sure because they want to cut Medicare and social security

Even if companies are hiring, they aren’t hiring the unemployed. Republicans succeeded in making workers fear for their jobs. No job security.
Sealy, you're honestly too stupid. Words fail me.
Meat didn't you ever learn the lesson of not calling people stupid who are far wiser than you??
I would never call someone far wiser than me stupid. You and Sealy, however, are certainly fair game. Few fairer in fact.

Well, there is Flakey, but it's pretty close.
Typical Greek. 5 guys are wrong and you’re right.

If you are rich then I understand you voting gop. Are you? If you are not then you’re the idiot sir

Now, I could have sworn that the only "jobs" number that mattered was the percentage of people not in the labor force.

I was assured, by countless posters here, that retirees weren't counted in that number.
Last year or this year? Republicans didn’t mind leaving that important fact out last year.

Trump admitted it. When unemployment went down they asked him if that number was fake and he said no it’s real now.

But they don’t mind if trump tells 1000 lies because Hillary told. 3

I was assured, by countless posters here, that retirees weren't counted in that number.
Last year or this year? Republicans didn’t mind leaving that important fact out last year.

Trump admitted it. When unemployment went down they asked him if that number was fake and he said no it’s real now.

But they don’t mind if trump tells 1000 lies because Hillary told. 3

I was told that mostly between January, 2009 and January of this year.

Even if companies are hiring, they aren’t hiring the unemployed. Republicans succeeded in making workers fear for their jobs. No job security.
Meat didn't you ever learn the lesson of not calling people stupid who are far wiser than you??
I would never call someone far wiser than me stupid. You and Sealy, however, are certainly fair game. Few fairer in fact.

If you are rich then I understand you voting gop. Are you? If you are not then you’re the idiot sir
I'm very well off and vote straight Dem I like thinking I'm real smart

I could stand corrected but wouldn't bet on it

:lol:

No, you're right. But that wasn't my point.

But I wouldn’t tell you that you are stupid voting republican. You vote for what works best for you if you want. That’s your vote. I may think it’s greedy and mean to do away with social programs so you can get a tax break but that’s your choice.

And I don’t like rich people telling poor or middle class people they’re stupid for voting democratic.

And I really don’t get guys like meathead. Assuming he’s just middle class struggling like the rest of us, if he’s just a worker bee, how is it he thinks the republican way is going to benefit him?

He must believe in trickle down

I could stand corrected but wouldn't bet on it

:lol:

No, you're right. But that wasn't my point.
Does this help??
Data extracted on: December 10, 2017 (8:29:31 PM)

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey

Series Id: LNS11300000
Seasonally Adjusted
Series title: (Seas) Labor Force Participation Rate
Labor force status: Civilian labor force participation rate
Type of data: Percent or rate
latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2007_2017_all_period_M11_data.gif

Download:
Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
66.4 66.3 66.2 65.9 66.0 66.0 66.0 65.8 66.0 65.8 66.0 66.0
2008 66.2 66.0 66.1 65.9 66.1 66.1 66.1 66.1 66.0 66.0 65.9 65.8
2009 65.7 65.8 65.6 65.7 65.7 65.7 65.5 65.4 65.1 65.0 65.0 64.6
2010 64.8 64.9 64.9 65.2 64.9 64.6 64.6 64.7 64.6 64.4 64.6 64.3
2011 64.2 64.1 64.2 64.2 64.1 64.0 64.0 64.1 64.2 64.1 64.1 64.0
2012 63.7 63.8 63.8 63.7 63.7 63.8 63.7 63.5 63.6 63.8 63.6 63.7
2013 63.6 63.4 63.3 63.4 63.4 63.4 63.3 63.3 63.3 62.8 63.0 62.9
2014 62.9 62.9 63.1 62.8 62.8 62.8 62.9 62.9 62.8 62.9 62.9 62.7
2015 62.9 62.7 62.7 62.8 62.9 62.6 62.6 62.6 62.4 62.5 62.5 62.7
2016 62.7 62.9 63.0 62.8 62.6 62.7 62.8 62.8 62.9 62.8 62.6 62.7
2017 62.9 63.0 63.0 62.9 62.7 62.8 62.9 62.9 63.1 62.7 62.7

But I wouldn’t tell you that you are stupid voting republican. You vote for what works best for you if you want. That’s your vote. I may think it’s greedy and mean to do away with social programs so you can get a tax break but that’s your choice.

And I don’t like rich people telling poor or middle class people they’re stupid for voting democratic.

And I really don’t get guys like meathead. Assuming he’s just middle class struggling like the rest of us, if he’s just a worker bee, how is it he thinks the republican way is going to benefit him?

Truth be told sealy I'm not voting for whats best for me Don't think we'd get tax cuts with Hillary and I voted for her and would do it again I believe when everyone gets lifted up then and only then can we be great again

Truth be told sealy I'm not voting for whats best for me Don't think we'd get tax cuts with Hillary and I voted for her and would do it again I believe when everyone gets lifted up then and only then can we be great again
I’m getting sick of arguing and defending people who don’t show up to vote.

Hopefully they do in Alabama

Hopefully they do in Alabama
I bet that vote is rigged

That's what stupid people like Meathead do.
Let’s have meathead explain how the republican way is working for him. I dont even know his financial situation

And how is the gop the best party for the masses? The republicans actually believe in lowering the minimum wage. That would create jobs they say. They didn’t say good jobs.

Is meathead a boss owner rich guy or ceo? Anyone know this guys background? All I know is he’s a Malala born on the island of lesbos
He lives in Central Europe and literally has no idea about how America works.

That's what stupid people like Meathead do.
Let’s have meathead explain how the republican way is working for him. I dont even know his financial situation

And how is the gop the best party for the masses? The republicans actually believe in lowering the minimum wage. That would create jobs they say. They didn’t say good jobs.

Is meathead a boss owner rich guy or ceo? Anyone know this guys background? All I know is he’s a Malala born on the island of lesbos
He lives in Central Europe and literally has no idea about how America works.
Really? They do think they know it all. But even my conservative friends on the other side of the pond love their socialized medicine

Up 2.2 million since July to 95.5 million.

"We have 93 million people out of work. They look for jobs, they give up, and all of a sudden, statistically, they're considered employed."
- Donald J Trump Aug. 28, 2015, On Point With Sarah Palin

While I admire that you admit to voting for the corrupt hag, in affirms your abject stupidity and your sleaze.

Anyway, I hope you get your wish and are able to vote for her again.

Meathead describes himself in a verbal assault on Eddiew37.

Why the anger and hatred, meathead, when your guy won, although he was not running in central Europe.

Looks like we disagree then.
We can’t both be right?
I don't think wages have been slow to go up because business is the bad guy. And the "Republicans succeeded in making workers fear for their jobs" is just partisan rhetoric.

The economy, business economics and fluctuations in markets are more complicated than political sloganeering. They don't turn on a dime, and they're not easily explained by taking political credit or laying political blame.
Well I’ve been paying attention too and I don’t think business is the good guy either.

You seem a bit naive blowing off everything I say as just being conspiracy theories and partisan untrue. It’s not. Class warfare exists. Republicans have conspired against workers when they went global. They wanted to break unions. They sent good paying jobs overseas. Went bankrupt first and reneged on pensions.

You assume it wasn’t all by design. Sorry I won’t pretend what happened didn’t happen. I saw what I saw.

What you’re doing is dangerous. You don’t put two and two together. For example republicans give corporations tax breaks then raise our taxes to pay for roads. Then non partisans like you agree when they say we’re broke. And you’ll call me a partisan for reminding you about the tax break they gave as being the reason.
This stuff is my profession. I have to take it personally and seriously, and I can't allow myself to allow political ideology to distort my thinking. I have nearly 300 clients who are depending on me to be thinking clearly and rationally.
I understand. As an investor I like republicans. As a worker I don’t. I see your dilemma
By the way, I'm no fan of the GOP on this stuff, among other things. Their overall approach on the topic - ideology first -- holds little attraction to me. As I point out in the first line of my sig, my side of the fence has little to do with either party.

Forum List

Back