2 students stabbed...in community college gun free...killing zone...

So you are implying Brain, that these 2 should be happy to take a knife to the stomach so that accidents with guns don't happen on campus......would volunteer for that trade....? The guy is still out there...you could go there and walk around with cash held in your hand......see what happens.....

I'm implying they have rules like this keep people from accidently being shot. I would take 2 stabbed people over a dead shot one.

Okay.......easy to say when you aren't one of the people stabbed........and considering in the whole country...of over 320 million people, with over 11.1 million carrying guns for protection, we only have 6-700 people each year killed accidentally with guns..........I'd rather let adults on a college campus carry guns.........

Yes only 6-700 hundred. Imagine if terrorists killed 6-700. Would be a horrible tragedy. But you just write it off like nothing.

That is over an entire year...and it is accidental........in a country of over 320 million people, with over 320 million guns in private hands with over 11.1 million people carrying guns for protection....

So yes the number is tiny compared to any other form of accidental death......

So please....each accident is terrible and tragic but the number is tiny, compared to the 1.6 million times a gun is used to stop violent criminal attack and save lives....

the 1.6 million is a made up number.

No, it is the average of 13 studies done by different researchers, both government and private over a 40 year period.....some done by anti gun researchers and some by anti gun government agencies like bill clinton's Justice Dept. and obama's CDC.....

Not just a random attack, the victims know the stabber.
WNYT.com - Double stabbing near Schenectady County Community College

I guess everyone should have had a gun and a shootout would have been a better result. Maybe they would all be dead plus others could catch some strays.

Oh....he knew them when he stabbed them in the abdomen and gave them significant injuries, one needs surgery....well.....why didn't you say so....that makes it all right then......no need for a gun to stop a stabbing resulting in serious injury when you know the guy stabbing you.........just sort of like...clowning around....right?

Why were they stabbed? You and the gun nuts should dig deeper. You just grab story headlines and don't care about the rest.

I guess everyone should have had a gun and a shootout would have been a better result. Maybe they would all be dead plus others could catch some strays.

Considering that studies show that in most cases of self defense with a gun the attacker 1)runs away 2) is held by the victim till police arrive 3) is shot and simply wounded and held for police or the least likely 4) shot and killed and the body is collected by the police......

So shootouts are not likely at all.......but stopping the stabbing of 2 students is more than likely.....

Pepper spray would stop a stabber really quickly. And no strays. But that won't sell more guns right?

And most criminals laugh off pepper spray..........and are more likely to try to press the attack against pepper spray....a gun is the best method to stop a violent criminal attack especially if you are weaker or outnumbered by your attakcer/s

I'm implying they have rules like this keep people from accidently being shot. I would take 2 stabbed people over a dead shot one.

Okay.......easy to say when you aren't one of the people stabbed........and considering in the whole country...of over 320 million people, with over 11.1 million carrying guns for protection, we only have 6-700 people each year killed accidentally with guns..........I'd rather let adults on a college campus carry guns.........

Yes only 6-700 hundred. Imagine if terrorists killed 6-700. Would be a horrible tragedy. But you just write it off like nothing.

That is over an entire year...and it is accidental........in a country of over 320 million people, with over 320 million guns in private hands with over 11.1 million people carrying guns for protection....

So please....each accident is terrible and tragic but the number is tiny, compared to the 1.6 million times a gun is used to stop violent criminal attack and save lives....

No, it is the average of 13 studies done by different researchers, both government and private over a 40 year period.....some done by anti gun researchers and some by anti gun government agencies like bill clinton's Justice Dept. and obama's CDC.....

So 1.6 million is wrong and matches no study.

Oh....he knew them when he stabbed them in the abdomen and gave them significant injuries, one needs surgery....well.....why didn't you say so....that makes it all right then......no need for a gun to stop a stabbing resulting in serious injury when you know the guy stabbing you.........just sort of like...clowning around....right?

Why were they stabbed? You and the gun nuts should dig deeper. You just grab story headlines and don't care about the rest.

No....if they attacked the guy then good for him for stabbing them.....otherwise, if he attacked them...they could have used a gun....

Considering that studies show that in most cases of self defense with a gun the attacker 1)runs away 2) is held by the victim till police arrive 3) is shot and simply wounded and held for police or the least likely 4) shot and killed and the body is collected by the police......

So shootouts are not likely at all.......but stopping the stabbing of 2 students is more than likely.....

Pepper spray would stop a stabber really quickly. And no strays. But that won't sell more guns right?

No pepper spray won't stop a person from stabbing/slashing wildly in the air because he's temporarily blinded. But a well placed gun shot will.

Here you go Brain...and anyone else interested....I averaged the numbers from all of these studies...the name, year of the study and the number of defensive gun uses they found each year are listed...the actual studies and their breakdown are at the links provided....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys
Field...1976....3,052,717
DMIa 1978...2,141,512
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68
Kleck...2.5 million
Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544
DMIb...1978...1,098,409
Hart...1981...1.797,461
Mauser...1990...1,487,342
Gallup...1993...1,621,377
DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million
Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043
Gallup...1991...777,152
Tarrance... 1994... 764,036
Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

NCVS (National Crime Victimization Survey)....108,000

Notice, the 3 different groupings of stats from the research listed so far.....not one of them approaches the NCVS number of 100,000.....yet you claim to know that is the correct number....

You could say that the 1.6 million number is the number actually found by the bill clinton Justice dept. or found by the Police Foundation study.....

And most criminals laugh off pepper spray..........and are more likely to try to press the attack against pepper spray....a gun is the best method to stop a violent criminal attack especially if you are weaker or outnumbered by your attakcer/s

Like to see you laugh off pepper spray. Ha

No....if they attacked the guy then good for him for stabbing them.....otherwise, if he attacked them...they could have used a gun....

Might be they are all involved in criminal activity.

I think there is a lot we don't know about this. But it's funny how a gun is he answer to everything with you.

You could say that the 1.6 million number is the number actually found by the bill clinton Justice dept. or found by the Police Foundation study.....

Are those defenders mostly involved in criminal activity?

No pepper spray won't stop a person from stabbing/slashing wildly in the air because he's temporarily blinded. But a well placed gun shot will.

You do seem like the type who has been pepper sprayed by a few women.

You seem like the type that has had his ass whooped by a few women.

How many accidental shootings have they had on campus?

So you are implying Brain, that these 2 should be happy to take a knife to the stomach so that accidents with guns don't happen on campus......would volunteer for that trade....? The guy is still out there...you could go there and walk around with cash held in your hand......see what happens.....

Why don't you trot out the stats of all the people *accidentally shot* by people defending themselves.

I can't wait for this. I'm sure there are thousands of *innocent bystanders* shot by people who successfully defended themselves from armed assailants.

PS...the fallout from botched SWAT raids doesn't count. Those dude are the ones YOU loons want to call in.

Why don't you trot out the stats of all the people *accidentally shot* by people defending themselves.

I can't wait for this. I'm sure there are thousands of *innocent bystanders* shot by people who successfully defended themselves from armed assailants.

PS...the fallout from botched SWAT raids doesn't count. Those dude are the ones YOU loons want to call in.

There are about 17000 people accidently shot each year.

Or who has, alternately, whupped a few.

Not by people who are defending themselves from attack.

Try again. Try harder, loon.

Yes many accidents happen without there being any danger other than a moron carrying a gun.

Yes many accidents happen without there being any danger other than a moron carrying a gun.

Nope, that's not the question I asked.

Again. Let's see the stats on the people accidentally killed by people defending themselves or others from attack. And again, you can't use the swat raids..those are the guys you maintain should be the only ones allowed to shoot.

Again. Let's see the stats on the people accidentally killed by people defending themselves or others from attack. And again, you can't use the swat raids..those are the guys you maintain should be the only ones allowed to shoot.

Why does it matter? Force universities to let guns in and it will open the door to all kinds of accidental shootings.

Why does it matter? Force universties to let guns in and it will open the door to all kinds of accidental shootings.

It matters because you claimed that it was "dangerous" to defend yourself.

Okay then you must have lots of information about how people who have successfully defended themselves hurt innocent bystanders. Otherwise, you wouldn't make such a specious claim. So I'm waiting. Turn over the stats and I'll tell people not to pack heat!

Forum List

Back